Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread

2002 Toyota Celica GT
2002 Toyota Celica GT
when i installed my cai i disconnected the battery - terminal but when i was done and i connected it back. you know how the damn alarm turns on but this time it didn't. the light blinks 24/7 it doesn't turn off even with the alarm off and it only beeps once instead of twice like it did before. has this happen to any one or can someone let me know how to get it back to normal and make the light turn off when the alarm is off? thanks

ECelica Staff
2004 GMC Canyon Z-71
ECelica Staff
2004 GMC Canyon Z-71
My factory alarm hasn't worked since the first week i got the car...everythign works fine except when you arm and disarm the lights don't flash anymore...even when it goes off it just honks thumbsdown

What type of alarm did they put in it? Try resetting it. If it doesn't work just bring it back to Toyota have them reset it.

Originate, Innovate, Never Imitate. Since 2000-04.

2002 Toyota Celica GT
2002 Toyota Celica GT
its the factory alarm that they installed. how do you reset it? is there a plug that i can disconnect on the alarm to reset it?

Do you know the model name of the car alarm or the model #? Is it the factory Toyota alarm that cherps to the horn "Karr alarm" or the better upgraded genuine Toyota alarm that has a fancy cherp "tweet tweet" sound just like a lexus??? Is it functional at all (if equipped with keyless entry, blinking lights, cherping sounds/beeps) what is happening?

You can try this...
Since you do have a signal blinking at your l.e.d. indicator try holding the button behind the blinking l.e.d. indicator for 5-10 seconds. Once the light is steady it should be disarmed (try your remote again check what's going on is the horn sounding/siren working, lights blinking, doors locking/unlocking???). Push it again for another 5-10 seconds to re-activate it (Are all the functions work as normal???). Try it a couple times until if starts functioning again. Make sure you do this while all the doors, trunk are locked. Test with the remote.

I forget but their are different settings you can set it to and sometimes will also depend on how you longer you hold the remote button. This happens to basic alarms most of the time where the lights, horn, cherp, locking system one or the other sometimes goes out.

Try it out if theirs no hope reset the battery for couple minutes locate the main unit "box shape" unplug all the connectors for 1-5mins and plug all back in. Do the same thing and if nothing happens have Toyota re-program it.

Sometimes the memory gets erase after a couple hours Toyota may have to put the code back in so your system will work again and function with your remote as well.

Last edited by GOLDCELICA; Aug 9, 2003 3:55pm.

Originate, Innovate, Never Imitate. Since 2000-04.

2002 Toyota Celica GT
2002 Toyota Celica GT
its a factory one and when you arm it the horns honk, the lights blink, and the doors lock. when you disarm its the same thing only doors unlock. once for driver and twice for passenger and trunk. if you down button "1" the alarm goes on. is there like a fuse or something i can take off? where is the box located?