Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread

I was wondering if it was possible to get 100hp more on the GTS without nitro and how it can be done. I don't want to put 10g's on that. I'm planning on getting a GTS at the end of the winter and I want a little more power. A 100hp at the crank would be nice, but at the wheel, it would be better! If you can, tell me both and approximatly(spelling) how much. Thanks a lot i advance guy's!!! thumbsup

Celica GT-S 2003 Carbon Blue:
TRD Body Kit, TRD Wing, Blue Suede interior, Gun metal wheels, Panasonic stereo, 2 12''+1 amp Pheonix Gold, Debaged, Tinted windows

05 WRB
2005 Subaru WRX STi
05 WRB
2005 Subaru WRX STi
a HUGE turbo...
have no clue, not sure about that. For the celica engine, I doubt it.

SUBARU TECNICA INTERNATIONAL

Go buy a 350z forget the Celica it not gonna happen unless you got 10 to 14 gggggggss

(Celica GT-S just drive it) it's my sickness

i dunno, if i were doing it i would find a se of high performance cams, port and polish, CAI, headers, downpipe, high flow cat, exhaust, S-AFC, AEM or unorthodox pulleys, maybe some lightweight rods... that should give you a good amount of horsepower, then you gotta work on gettin it to the ground with a LSD, shortshifter, some springs... and the list goes on

Alright, I'm gonna tell you straight up, the only way it will happen without nitrous is a custom turbo setup with intercooler. Which I might add is not cheap. Because along with the turbo they will have to change the pistons and rods, intake and the entire exhaust system, add an intercooler, run return fuel lines, and the list goes on...I thankfully know a guy who does this kind of work, I just met him, and at the end of this summer he is gonna be putting a custom turbo with intercooler in my GTS. With the setup he is doing for me he said that I could be running low 12's to high 11's in the 1/4 mile, which is amazingly fast. This setup he said was gonna cost me around 10K and is going to take a few weeks to completely put in. So if you want to gain 100hp you need a custom turbo setup..simple as that. Good luck man. I can't friggin' wait till summer. Peace bro.

2002 Absolutely Red GT-S 6-speed
AEM CAI
AEM Pulley
Tanabe Super Racing Medallion Exhaust

Coming soon:(As soon as I save up)
Custom Turbo Setup

ECelica Staff
2001 Toyota Celica GTS
ECelica Staff
2001 Toyota Celica GTS
get the 3zz engine...

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
3ZZ is not going to give 100 more horses... 1 bad thing is that 3ZZ need higher octane fuel that we can not get here. Turbo is the only way to go to get more horses, supercharger can not give you that much HP gain for a GTS sorry to say.

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
Originally posted by thedoc092:
I thankfully know a guy who does this kind of work, I just met him, and at the end of this summer he is gonna be putting a custom turbo with intercooler in my GTS.
Hmmmm wonder who this guy is rofl
glad he can help ya, luckily you are in New York or else I am not sure who to recommand you to grin

ECelica Staff
2001 Toyota Celica GTS
ECelica Staff
2001 Toyota Celica GTS
i can get higher octane gas mike... they sell the stuff at 76 gas stations...

Originally posted by Mike Lu:
I thankfully know a guy who does this kind of work, I just met him, and at the end of this summer he is gonna be putting a custom turbo with intercooler in my GTS.
Hmmmm wonder who this guy is rofl
glad he can help ya, luckily you are in New York or else I am not sure who to recommand you to grin
Yep you got it Mike, I got in touch with him because of you, man I really appreciate it. I have already started to save up, and hopefully by summer I will have enough and drive it down to
Andrew and get this puppy put in. The setup we arranged is gonna work out awesome, it's gonna cost about 10K, but it is gonna be well worth it. And he said that I would have nothing to worry about, it will all be done safe and right, which is extremely important. Thanks again Mike, and as soon as I get it done, I will let you know how it worked out. Peace bro.

AEM CAI
AEM Pulley

Custom Turbo Setup

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
well high octane fuel is available in 1 Newport beach area Union 76, another one is about 32 miles away... Thats a lot of trouble just to get gas in Orange County area.
I was looking into this to get high octane fuel for my car so I can boost 15psi on 1/4 mile, after checking on Union 76 website I decided not to go 15psi anymore (well maybe 1 1/4 mile run with 15psi smile )

[ 01-24-2003, 04:35 PM: Message edited by: Mike Lu ]

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
well I just remembered you asked how to get 100HP on a GTS... with GTS you will need build up your engine as well as adding turbo, because without building up engine you will blow it. You need to be pushing higher than 5psi maybe around 7psi (like I am doing). Because right now I am 223.1HP to the wheels and GT stock is around 108HP to the wheels, so definately around 7psi or higher smile

how his customed turbo on Mike's celica is about 233 whp. imagine, a custom turbo on a gts which stock whp is bout 160??

[Linked Image]

I can't wait to get it on my GTS!!!

AEM CAI
AEM Pulley

Custom Turbo Setup

So if I put a turbo kit on a GTS and I don't go more than 5psi, I won't need to buildup the engin, right? If I'm not mistanken, 5psi=50hp more, right? Is it safe like this? Because I would like to put the turbo on and after build up the engin and bring up the psi. Can I do it like this? Thanks guys in advance!!! thumbsup

TRD Body Kit, TRD Wing, Blue Suede interior, Gun metal wheels, Panasonic stereo, 2 12''+1 amp Pheonix Gold, Debaged, Tinted windows

I have a turboed GTS and im running close to 300 horse. I just put in a garret t3 turbo and im running 10 psi with custom fuel lines and new pistons also ne cranks since stock celica one break to easly. Everything works great. The only problem I have is getting the wheels not to spin off the line forever. Its almost to much to handle and beats about everything on the road.

Thats it!!! Did you had a lot of tuning to do? It seems to good to be true! Plus it look's kind of cheap to do (compare to what a turbo cost sometimes). I must admit that I'm kind of supprised, in a good way. I realy love the Celica, but I love modified cars and I would like to have more power under my left foot. Plus I love the sound of a turbo, this is why I would like to put one in it. I don't need a huge amount of hp, like a 100hp or so sounds realy nice! I'd like to know also if it's possible to run a turbo with intercooler and bov with the stock internals and how much psi (I think 5 or so). It's almost sure that I'm going to change the internal one day, I'm just triing to spit the cost. Also I don't want to do everything at once. I want to do it gradualy so I can ajust myself to the new found power. Step by step baby!!! wink Tell me what you think.

Thats it!!! Did you had a lot of tuning to do? It seems to good to be true! Plus it look's kind of cheap to do (compare to what a turbo cost sometimes). I must admit that I'm kind of supprised, in a good way. I realy love the Celica, but I love modified cars and I would like to have more power under my left foot. Plus I love the sound of a turbo, this is why I would like to put one in it. I don't need a huge amount of hp, like a 100hp or so sounds realy nice! I'd like to know also if it's possible to run a turbo with intercooler and bov with the stock internals and how much psi (I think 5 or so). It's almost sure that I'm going to change the internal one day, I'm just triing to spit the cost. Also I don't want to do everything at once. I want to do it gradualy so I can ajust myself to the new found power. Step by step baby!!! wink Tell me what you think.

ECelica Staff
2000 Toyota Celica GTS
ECelica Staff
2000 Toyota Celica GTS
Trial (trial.co.jp) celica has T3ZZ kit plus supercharger, and the power is 283ps. Is this what you want?

Satoshi from JAPAN

ECelica Staff
2001 Toyota Celica
ECelica Staff
2001 Toyota Celica
Hey Mike Lu, how did you go about getting your GT turboed, I am really interested. Could you email me with details such as, prices, brands, other mods that need to be done, in other, EVERYTHING there is to know about it. (I am unfamiliar when it comes to turbos). Thanks man.
Email: DJR280@yahoo.com
thanks Peaceout.
Sorry to interrupt this post.

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
Originally posted by CelicaZ:
So if I put a turbo kit on a GTS and I don't go more than 5psi, I won't need to buildup the engin, right? If I'm not mistanken, 5psi=50hp more, right? Is it safe like this? Because I would like to put the turbo on and after build up the engin and bring up the psi. Can I do it like this? Thanks guys in advance!!! thumbsup
yes you can go with just 5psi kit to start, thats a basic turbo start up kit. Just make sure your wastgate is set at around 5psi when you buy the kit, if they accidentally send you a GT wastgate (like www.turbo-performance.com [turbo-performance.com] did) you will blow your engine. You may need bigger injector at 5psi for more fuel delivery, but don't quote me on that because I do not have a GTS.

Thanks Mike thumbsup

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
Originally posted by SpiderManGT:
Hey Mike Lu, how did you go about getting your GT turboed, I am really interested. Could you email me with details such as, prices, brands, other mods that need to be done, in other, EVERYTHING there is to know about it. (I am unfamiliar when it comes to turbos). Thanks man.
Email: DJR280@yahoo.com
thanks Peaceout.
Sorry to interrupt this post.
Turbo charger is readily available, intercooler same, BOV same, all the parts are readily available but the hard part is the turbo manifold. You gotta get a good shop to build this for you, once thats done the pipping to route all the things together any competant mechanical inclined shop can do it.
As for the GTS you will need to get lowered compression pistons and rods which can be found at www.monkeywrenchracing.com [monkeywrenchracing.com] (sp?)

[ 01-28-2003, 04:34 PM: Message edited by: Mike Lu ]

GTS lift sounds killer with turbo [Tasty]

Thanks a lot guys for the info! thumbsup I think that I'm gona go all motor. You gave me a new and nice way to go Guy in Poway. Thanks a lot man smile

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
Originally posted by CarbonB Celica:
hmmm I don't know about that... Jersey Jay (A guy in Jersey I know) he said that you can hardly notice the lift kicking in when the turbo is boosting, atleast not as obvious as when it was NA.

Originally posted by Mike Lu:
Originally posted by CarbonB Celica:
hmmm I don't know about that... Jersey Jay (A guy in Jersey I know) he said that you can hardly notice the lift kicking in when the turbo is boosting, atleast not as obvious as when it was NA.
How fast is his GTS mike? Hoe many psi is he boosting? Do you know any of his 1/4 times or 0-60 by any chance? thanks.

AEM CAI
AEM Pulley

Custom Turbo Setup

2000 Toyota Celica
2000 Toyota Celica
Hoe many psi is he boosting?
He just called you a hoe, Mike! shocked grin

[Linked Image]

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
hahaha I am not answering his question, who ever answers that question admits he/she is a hoe...
Well hoe is a tool that pick up leaves, ok I will answer his question smile
No he have not run the car too hard only got on the lift once or twice, his whole custom setup cost over $10,000 (just like me... hint hint)
He is going to get the Split Second FTC1-ESC installed so that he can regularly run at high rpm range. He will let me know how good it is when it is done.. Right now he is just waiting for his buddy's shop dyno computer is replaced, after that he will then let me know and I will let peps know.

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
[QUOTE]How fast is his GTS mike? Hoe many psi is he boosting? Do you know any of his 1/4 times or 0-60 by any chance? thanks.
Not sure how fast, psi is around 6 psi, no 1/4 or 0-60 times yet because he is still getting his engine management unit finished.