Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
91GTSCelica
91GTSCelica Dec 6, 1:53pm - #344336 

1991 Toyota Celica

Ohio
Help I have a fuel leak in my fuel line.

Is there anyway to patch it or make it stop leaking? Whithout haveing to get a new fuel line. Thanks
ExNihilo
Cold Warrior
ExNihilo Dec 6, 3:22pm - #344337 
Cold Warrior
2004 Toyota Celica GTS

Tempe, AZ
Do you know where its leaking? If its a rubber section, it wouldn't be any big deal to just do that yourself. If its in a metal "tube" section, my tendency would be to have a shop replace it. But that's just me. You really need to identify WHERE the leak is, if you haven't already.

300,000 KM/Sec. Its not just a good idea, its the law.
91GTSCelica
91GTSCelica Dec 6, 5:00pm - #344338 

1991 Toyota Celica

Ohio
It is in the middle right infront of the back tires.
ExNihilo
Cold Warrior
ExNihilo Dec 6, 5:14pm - #344339 
Cold Warrior
2004 Toyota Celica GTS

Tempe, AZ
Any way you slice it, its GOT to be fixed, soon. If its a section you think you can fix yourself, you have to first empty the fuel tank. Siphon out as much as you can, then get under the car and disconnect the line, and be prepared to catch the rest of the fuel leaking out. Then replace the leaky section. Since I don't know if that part of line is rubber or metal, you're going to have to judge for yourself if its something you want to take on.

Most decent shops should be able to handle it; you won't need to take it to a dealer, although if its under warranty, maybe it would be covered. Whatever you do, get it fixed SOON, and don't park the car in a closed space (garage) until its fixed.

300,000 KM/Sec. Its not just a good idea, its the law.