Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread

2003 Toyota Celica
2003 Toyota Celica
I just bought some RJ Autoworks (black/white) gauges with the blue LED kit for my car. I'm going to make the AC panel red, clock red, and turn signals red too. Does anyone have any pics of the blue LED kit with red painted needles? I know it doesn't work too well, I just want to see if anyone has tried it and what it looks like. Thanks. I just got the red Painters opaque marker today too and idk if I should try it or just take it back and get white. confused

[Linked Image]

Pimpin aint easy
03 Toyota Celica GT
Pimpin aint easy
03 Toyota Celica GT
sorry i dont have a pic but heres what you do: you cant put in the blue LEDS for the needle and then paint them red because the needle will turn out all dark and purple. Team celica sells the leds separately for the needle and the screen. buy the blue screen LEDS and the red needles LEDS. it should look exactly how you want it

05 WRB
2005 Subaru WRX STi
05 WRB
2005 Subaru WRX STi
^^uh no man

you have the RJ autoworks gauges that are blue right?
and you want them to light up blue with red needles?

well for the turn signals, you would have to make the bulb red behind it and also scrape off the coloring on the rj autoworks gauges...i did it to stock before...

as for the needles...you can have your gauges light up blue with red needles buy buying a needle kit from http://www.importintelligence.com/FMPro?-db=Cart.fp3&-format=listnew.htm&-new

it puts an LED right behind the needle to light it up

SUBARU TECNICA INTERNATIONAL

2003 Toyota Celica
2003 Toyota Celica
Thanks guys! I got the red bulb covers for my turn signals, and they are white on the gauge face for the RJ Autoworks gauges, so that should work fine. I really don't want my needles to look purple or anything at night, and don't really want to spend $60 on a needle kit, so I guess I might just paint the needles white. They will shine blue at night too right? I think it would look better during the day too so that it would match the numbers. The only problem is I have never seen anyone paint their needles white. Anyone have any pics?

[Linked Image]

2003 Toyota Celica
2003 Toyota Celica
Also, I got the Painters paint marker for the needles in opaque, would this be better than transparent for the light shining through?

[Linked Image]

05 WRB
2005 Subaru WRX STi
05 WRB
2005 Subaru WRX STi
ugh, im confused on what you are trying to do..restate what you have and want to do.

Pimpin aint easy
03 Toyota Celica GT
Pimpin aint easy
03 Toyota Celica GT
hmm what blue LED kit are you talking about? just to clarify since someone thinks im wrong. Im assumed you wanted the the LCD screen blue and needles red its that correct?

2003 Toyota Celica
2003 Toyota Celica
Originally Posted by Chiller
Thanks guys! I got the red bulb covers for my turn signals, and they are white on the gauge face for the RJ Autoworks gauges, so that should work fine. I really don't want my needles to look purple or anything at night, and don't really want to spend $60 on a needle kit, so I guess I might just paint the needles white. They will shine blue at night too right? I think it would look better during the day too so that it would match the numbers. The only problem is I have never seen anyone paint their needles white. Anyone have any pics?
The red bulb covers will make the turn signals red. The only way to make the needles red and the rest blue is to replace the needle LED's with red ones, and the rest with blue. If you go with white needles, they will light up with whatever color LEDs you used behind them, and they are visible during the day also. I just used white model paint and it came out great. (Use nail polish remover and Q tips to remove orange paint. Make sure you get all of it off.) Sorry I don't have pics, but when I do I'll post them. Hope this helped.

2003 Toyota Celica GT
2003 Toyota Celica GT
This is what i want exactly in my car. In order to do this, i need the face gauges already colored, the background in black and the other numbers in blue and red and then install a white led kit, but behind the needles i have to install one led in each needle right??
1953371720-Gallery Interior gauges_vodox[1].JPG

2003 Toyota Celica
2003 Toyota Celica
Originally Posted by racergts03
The red bulb covers will make the turn signals red. The only way to make the needles red and the rest blue is to replace the needle LED's with red ones, and the rest with blue. If you go with white needles, they will light up with whatever color LEDs you used behind them, and they are visible during the day also. I just used white model paint and it came out great. (Use nail polish remover and Q tips to remove orange paint. Make sure you get all of it off.) Sorry I don't have pics, but when I do I'll post them. Hope this helped.

Thanks! That helps a lot. I think I'm going to just leave everything like it was and paint the needles white. I think it will show up better during the day anyways. Also, do you think it would be better to use a Paint marker that is opaque, or transparent model paint?

[Linked Image]

2003 Toyota Celica GT
2003 Toyota Celica GT
I want to see what the black/white gauge face with the blue LEDs looks like. That's what I originally wanted to do but I wasn't sure it'd turn out as blue as I want it so I was just going to do a black/blue face with blue LEDs. Post pictures! smile

2003 Toyota Celica
2003 Toyota Celica
Originally Posted by racergts03

Thanks! That helps a lot. I think I'm going to just leave everything like it was and paint the needles white. I think it will show up better during the day anyways. Also, do you think it would be better to use a Paint marker that is opaque, or transparent model paint?

As for the needle paint, I just bought a small jar of white testors model paint(only a few cents) at WalMart. Just paint the bottom of the needle and the tip at the end. Do 2 coats if you want. During the day, they'll show up real nice on the gauges, and at night the'll glow blue.

05 WRB
2005 Subaru WRX STi
05 WRB
2005 Subaru WRX STi
you can't replace just the lED needle, i thought there is no such thing...replacing one will change the color of everything around it...

CF Connoisseur
2004 Toyota Celica
CF Connoisseur
2004 Toyota Celica
I have a similar ? I am getting S7 gauges and want to change needles to blue. Can i just replace the led behind each needle blue. so i dont need a whole kit of them? Becasue wont the s7 kit take place of leds for #'s?? Sorry if i wasnt lcear but if anyone understood that it owudl be helpful.