Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread

sappy
2002 Toyota Celica GT
sappy
2002 Toyota Celica GT
I bought a new CAI...I didnt get any instructions!! I figured out how to get all the stock stuff off; But I have no idea where all the tubes go onto to the new intake. There is only one port on the new intake tubing and there are several hoses. When I took the stock airbox off, I noticed 2 tubes hooked onto to the bottom..and theres like a butterfly valve in there..Any help would be greatly appreciated. [color=blue][/color]

[Linked Image]

05 WRB
2005 Subaru WRX STi
05 WRB
2005 Subaru WRX STi
follow the install guide found here...
https://celicahobby.com/installs/index.shtml
go to engine and which ever one you need

what kind of CAI is it? no instructions?

SUBARU TECNICA INTERNATIONAL

sappy
2002 Toyota Celica GT
sappy
2002 Toyota Celica GT
It was one of those deals off of e-bay. I just put a blitz body kit on and the inside painted at the same time..looks sweet. So, I figured I would put an intake on. I already have exhaust and I put a chip in. You think all the work is worth it?? Thanks for youre help!!

[Linked Image]

sappy
2002 Toyota Celica GT
sappy
2002 Toyota Celica GT
I read those...but for some reason Im not understanding what to do with all the hoses. Theres only one port on the intake..is that right?? I notice two that hook up on the bottom, one into the little "butterfly" looking thing, and two that go into the actual intake itself!! Do I disregaurd some oh these hoses or do they all stil hook up??

[Linked Image]

2000 Toyota Celica GT
2000 Toyota Celica GT
If you look closely at the instructions, two of the old hoses are no longer useful, they are not long enough, hence the extra two hoses. all thos little hoses on the old intake are no longer useful, and one small one should run back to the engine, take that tube off and the new intake should have came with a cap for that. There is also something attached to the air box that you need to take off and there should be a spot to attach it to the new intake, just by a bolt, this is only to hold the part in place. there are two tube attachments on this part for the two tubes that don't hook up to the intake. one goes from right under the engine cover next to the throttle body to one of these, ports, the other comes from right next to the engine control module, that should be that black thing that says do not open, you'll have to look at the picture to see which one goes to what part of the hookup. the rest should be easy, the one that runs from the intake goes to the only one left that still has the stock hoses, it runs from the intake to the air temp sensor, then the stock hoses run the rest of the lines, you don't have to worry about them, not sure if this will help any or if you can understand it, but maybe it will give you some idea. let me know about any more questions.

05 WRB
2005 Subaru WRX STi
05 WRB
2005 Subaru WRX STi
idk man...since I don't know what your *nonbrand* CAI looks like or how it is set up I don't know what to do...sorry. frown

SUBARU TECNICA INTERNATIONAL

2000 Toyota Celica GT
2000 Toyota Celica GT
Check one of my post form a few weeks ago.
It has a scanned manual of an AEM CAI there.

Maybe that'll help ya

here it is