Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread

2003 Toyota Celica GT
2003 Toyota Celica GT
so ya... as most of you know or may not know, I ordered those Arospeed RS-GT wheels from WheelsNext in July'ish. Well it was a package deal that came with 4 tires. They sent me some tires made by the comany Ventus. Well, just wanted to tell you guys about my little mishap last night with these tires. These tires had 85% tread left. ATLEAST. I only autocrossed on them one time. And only had a couple thousand miles on them. Well, last night I was coming back to baton rouge from my family get together in metairie when at about 80mph (and approximately 2 miles before sorrento/donaldsonville exit) my rear driver-side tire blows out. I ended up doing a complete 720 (and then some) in traffic and ended up about 3 feet from ending up in the swamp. I had just missed a pole and another car that was abandoned on the side of the interstate as well as the other cars in traffic. One of those cars was my cousin Krista, who was following me back to baton rouge. Luckily she braked enough to not hit me and i never hit anyone else. I ended up having to get my car towed out and pulled back to my apartment in baton rouge. I think im very lucky to be alive actually. HOWEVER. My new tire did infact blow out. Now you might wonder if my tire pressure was too high/low that it had something to do with it. "When was the last time you checked your tire pressure?" Well, i checked it at the last DELTA auto-x.

But anyways, this is what happened to me last night on thanksgiving and i thought I'd just give you guys a heads up for anyone that has Hankook Ventus tires or has done any deals with WheelsNext. WheelsNext also offers a tire upgrade for the package but at the time i got my wheels, i couldnt afford the kumhos. Hankook Ventus tires can also be bought at some autozone locations from what i understand. Anyways, with some minor damage to my car and a completely messed up wheel, I'm pretty pissed off with Hankook. I should be emailing them later today as well as contacting State Farm to see what i can do about this as far as insurance goes. Not exactly sure if they will do anything being that the wheel was aftermarket. But Hankook will definetely hear from me.

thanks for the heads up!!!

[Linked Image]

Pizza Geek
2002 Toyota Celica GT
Pizza Geek
2002 Toyota Celica GT
I have had hankook ventus for close to 20K miles and havent had a single problem. Before you go blaming the tire you might wanna consider if you ran anything over. rolleyes

2003 Toyota Celica GT
2003 Toyota Celica GT
driver error right? well uh, i was on i-10 and there wasnt a think on the road. i never hit anything. the cop even went back to look to see if there was something on the road. so thanks for the smartass and much unneeded comment.

not to mention, if i woulda hit something, one of the MANY cars in front of me woulda hit the same thing.

Last edited by ViBrance; Nov 26, 2004 2:14pm.

2003 Toyota Celica GT
2003 Toyota Celica GT
Originally Posted by JBing
I have had hankook ventus for close to 20K miles and havent had a single problem. Before you go blaming the tire you might wanna consider if you ran anything over. rolleyes

yes im bringing this thread back cause ive been trying to deal with these companies trying to get them to fix the wheels for THEIR faulty product.

before you go blaming the driver, you should read some reviews. ive managed to pull up hundreds of bad reviews. 85% of them are reviews bitching about the tires faulty Sidewalls. How convenient eh? Faulty Sidewalls... that sounds vaguely familiar wink

2003 Toyota Celica
2003 Toyota Celica
yea i drove with hancook ventus tires all summer long with my 18's and never had a problem.. i actually kinda thought they were good tires for the price.. this is including my driving home from work doing 100+mph sometimes...

2003 Toyota Celica GT
2003 Toyota Celica GT
dont get me wrong. these tires grip AWESOME. and i never had a problem. but they are NOT reliable. As soon as i can find the link again of some of the reviews i'll post them

Originally Posted by Speed4TheNeed
i'm a dumbass

2002 Toyota Celica
2002 Toyota Celica
Before you go blaming the tire, or the driver..It sounds to me like somebody should have read those 100's of Bad Reviews before purchasing. But that's just me wave

2002 Toyota Celica
2002 Toyota Celica
Nitto Neo-Gens. Best tire for your $$. I think thumbsup

2001 Toyota Celica GT
2001 Toyota Celica GT
^^^ rofl rofl rofl

2000 Toyota Celica GT
2000 Toyota Celica GT
i use to have them, pretty good tires but they don't grip as good as my Fuzion ZRi tires

2003 Toyota Celica GT
2003 Toyota Celica GT
Originally Posted by dondeago
Before you go blaming the tire, or the driver..It sounds to me like somebody should have read those 100's of Bad Reviews before purchasing. But that's just me wave

the tires came WITH the wheels. wasnt an option. so keep your much unneeded and ignorant remarks asside in the future. thanks.

2000 Toyota Celica GT
2000 Toyota Celica GT
ive heard too many bad things about them, i have kuhmos ESCTA's myself, theyere awesome

2003 Toyota Celica GT
2003 Toyota Celica GT
yup. i made sure to check the reviews when i replaced the tires. using Falken Ziex 512's now. I love em. Great for daily driver and the occassional Auto-x

i'm a dumbass

2003 Toyota Celica GT
2003 Toyota Celica GT
oh ya... dondeago, where can i get my hands on that TTVi-L? wasnt aware toyota made those engines wink GJ on the profile rice boy.

i'm a dumbass

2002 Toyota Celica
2002 Toyota Celica
You know what ViBrance, simple keyboard error, I wasnt the one who bought those shit tires, I dont care HOW you got them. I havent met ONE single person on this forum that has been as much of an arogant ass as you. And I have no "ignorant remarks", nobody has yet so far, JBing wasn't tryin to start this dumb argument with you in the first place. Im glad you checked those reviews this time, maybe your tires wont blow out this time. So please next time.."keep your much unneeded and ignorant remarks asside in the future" Thanks thumbsup

2000 Toyota Celica
2000 Toyota Celica
one question about the auto cross stuff. did you do any fast ass turns? drifting? well dont they make tires specifically for that purpose? like with stronger more protected sides on the tires? i dont think those hankook ventus tires were made for drifting applications. even if the tires had 99% of tread on them, you can easily wear out the sides by driving like a drifter.