Well they were first made of aluminum. I found aluminum to be too soft and was a bitch to weld correctly. Then we were gonna do stainless steel. However the jig was really eccentric to get the fins just right so we were gonna cast the MAF mount/fins. The casting shop got back to us saying its gonna take a few months just to get my prototype casting. So my shop went and bought a roto molder. And we decided to make the Intakes
out of high grade plastic.
The benefits of moving to plastic are
* Considerably less heat soak
* Considerably lighter than steel
* Fin placement would be exact
* The black plastic is paintable so you show guys can get your custom colors
* It will probbly fool cops into thinking its stock