Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread

2000 Toyota Celica GT
2000 Toyota Celica GT
Will POWER FC work on more than one car?, or is it one of those things that marries itself to the first car it's plugged into?

i ask this because i thought if it could be used on more than one that i could buy one and charge like mabey $40 a pop to tune your cars here in Nor-Cal, or anyone willing to take a drive up...

anyone know?

2000 Toyota Celica GT
2000 Toyota Celica GT
The Power FC is a full ECU replacement. That means that you will be taking out the computer in your car and putting in the Power FC in its place. The new ECU(Power FC) has loaded into it basic Celica Driving maps, and also custom maps can be made using the Power FC Commander Unit or you can take it into a shop that to have it dinoed and tuned(the most efficient way to tune and will get better results)
The Power FC itself can be used as a replacement for most other cars, however, for each new car you will need to buy new harnesses and software. Now you could buy a Apexi Power FC Commander unit and software, and charge people that have a Power FC in their car money to tune their units, but their wouldnt be much buisness in it because you dont have a dyno and the tuning wouldnt be optimal.

"If your not the lead Dog the View never Changes"

2000 Toyota Celica GT
2000 Toyota Celica GT
ah, thanks for the info, i was thinkin it was something you plugged in and reprogramed the stock ecu like in my dad's camero frown

o well it was a thought i guess