Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread

2000 Toyota Celica GT
2000 Toyota Celica GT
Ok here's the deal.
I got this paintpen from my Toyota Dealer, its the kind with da 2 ends, clear<======>carbon blue. Guy said they don't carry the paint in bottle anymore, jes the paintpen. I' like, aight, should work (I'm used with paint bottle) He said just to highlight the chip 1-2 coats, then apply 1 coat clear. So I do it, i use Tar and Insect remover to get da wax off, wait till dry, apply 1st coat. Oh my God it looked nasty, I highlighted the chip as he said, its a bit over the original color, plus I can see the streaks of the pen, no matter how careful I tried to apply it in thin quantity. I waited for 2nd coat, applied, everything was still nasty, but I was ready for clear coat, hopin it would make it better. Waited 24h to make sure it would dry up. So now I go and make sure paint is dry to put clear coat (this thin amout of paint is sure dry after even 1 hour i presume)
It was dry, now I apply the clear coat, it freakin takes off some of the black base coat I had put, I still managed to fix it a bit, but now everything looks the same color, except that there are very noticeable streaks of paint from the pen. A friend told me I could use 1000 grit sandpaper to make it even, then soak it up a bit to make a nice finish, and it would be very hard to notice the streaks. Im wondering if with sandpaper ill make it worse, or if itll really work? I also got suggested to use rubbing compound
but I don't know if itll hide the streaks. Please help my poor baby out, shes now asking for a band-aid tongue

Last edited by celica5ly; Aug 4, 2003 8:09am.

King of the Hill
2003 Toyota Celica GT
King of the Hill
2003 Toyota Celica GT
never fix a paint chip in just one try,do a little every day for a few days or until its not visible

2000 Toyota Celica GT
2000 Toyota Celica GT
Thank you for the reply!
I jes need sumpin a bit more helpful, how to fix...

05 WRB
2005 Subaru WRX STi
05 WRB
2005 Subaru WRX STi
why not have a professional auto restoration service repair it?
who cares if it costs money, it is being done the right way.

SUBARU TECNICA INTERNATIONAL