New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread

ct
C'mon & hit me!
2000 Toyota Celica GTS
C'mon & hit me!
2000 Toyota Celica GTS
i just installed my injen short ram heat shield last saturday along with a 2002 grille. well my first impression when i took it out of the box i thought "holy crap!!! this thing is huge! how am i gonna fit this under the hood??"...well after an hour of adjusting and unbolting my intake for it to fit...with about less than a 1/4" clearance from plastics, wires, hoses, etc...a little too close for comfort. then as i looked back it seemed like it was going to hit the hood...but i closed the hood and there seemed to be no trouble doing that...no additional noise or rattling when i turned the engine on.hmmm well i got it as far as looks but it seemed that heat soak was not as bad as before. as many have claimed that the heat shield is just a $50 paper weight i actually found that i took of easier when i was at idle for a period of time...this was not the case before and since i live in the valley where it gets up to the 100s...heat soak is very noticeable.plus the fact that since hot air rises the heat shiled is so damn big it enclosed the top part of the filter. again i dunno if this had an impact...anyway, i just wanted to now if anyone had a short ram heat shield for INJEN if they could take sum pics so i know what it is supposed to look like...cuz i look at mine and it looks cool and all but i have a feeling i installed it wrong.isn't the front part of the filter supposed to be exposed while the shield covers the back? because the way mine is set up, the top and back and partial front are covered by the shield but the bottom is exposed...btw, this is the only way i could ever get it to fit and leave clearance. please help!

ECelica Staff
ECelica Staff
ahhhhh ... nice run on sentence thumbsup

laughsilly just kidding, that was hard to read.

Cool review, glad your happy with it and got it in there thumbsup

ct
C'mon & hit me!
2000 Toyota Celica GTS
C'mon & hit me!
2000 Toyota Celica GTS
Originally Posted by RicePowered
ahhhhh ... nice run on sentence thumbsup

laughsilly just kidding, that was hard to read.

Cool review, glad your happy with it and got it in there thumbsup

dude, i'm at work! you think proper grammer and sentence structure is encouraged in the office??? lol!! rofl

2003 Toyota Celica GT
2003 Toyota Celica GT
I have a minor in technical writing so I am frequently shuddering at the posts in the forum. Dangling modifiers everywhere . . . heh.

LanceG33 - 03 Black GT

ct
C'mon & hit me!
2000 Toyota Celica GTS
C'mon & hit me!
2000 Toyota Celica GTS
Originally Posted by lanceg33
I have a minor in technical writing so I am frequently shuddering at the posts in the forum. Dangling modifiers everywhere . . . heh.

lol!-c'mon guys guive me a break...i type this with the explorer window hiding underneath a bunch of other window programs...so whatever i type i don't see it..i gotta hide this stuff from my boss ya know...but as long as you guys kinda understand me it's kool! hey!! where are my pics?!!! lol rofl thumbsup

ct
C'mon & hit me!
2000 Toyota Celica GTS
C'mon & hit me!
2000 Toyota Celica GTS
pics? injen short ram heat shield?? anyone? pics?? anyone? anyone? anyone? the injen short ram heat shield?? anyone? anyone? spineyes

05 WRB
2005 Subaru WRX STi
05 WRB
2005 Subaru WRX STi
ummmmm...crap i don't think I have ever seen an injen shortram with the heat shield on.
Uh what about the instructions?

SUBARU TECNICA INTERNATIONAL

ct
C'mon & hit me!
2000 Toyota Celica GTS
C'mon & hit me!
2000 Toyota Celica GTS
well the instructions injen gave me had black and white grainy pics of how to put the shield on the cone filter and not how to put it on the engine bay...bastards...lol..c'mon i know some of you guys out there have done this...pics please!!

ECelica Staff
2002 Toyota Celica GT
ECelica Staff
2002 Toyota Celica GT
[Linked Image]

for some reason, the heatshield they have online is different from what ive got, you will notice my filter that came with the package is small, thats why i have a good fit for the heatshield

[Linked Image]

ct
C'mon & hit me!
2000 Toyota Celica GTS
C'mon & hit me!
2000 Toyota Celica GTS
Originally Posted by Street Prototype
[Linked Image]

for some reason, the heatshield they have online is different from what ive got, you will notice my filter that came with the package is small, thats why i have a good fit for the heatshield

holy crap...uhhh my heat shield is positioned the opposite...the opeing on the bottom rather than the top...wow, did you have any difficulty making it fit like that? yeah the heat shield part# i have is HS5000...maybe i should ask INJEN if i got the right part... confused

ps-is the shield touching any plastics of metals?? is it quite near the radiator fan? more info please grin...thank you thumbsup

ECelica Staff
2002 Toyota Celica GT
ECelica Staff
2002 Toyota Celica GT
LOL! dude, the heat is comming from the bottom, not from the top (hood) rofl, about the fitting, it sits perfect and nearly touches the plastic for the radiator fan look closer eek grin

[Linked Image]

2000 Toyota Celica GT
2000 Toyota Celica GT
LOL, at least now he knows what the problem is. He's probably embarrased so this post should be closed...I'm messing with you ct wink

SURGEON GENERAL'S WARNING:
Post Whoring May Result In
Premature Brain Retardation

ct
C'mon & hit me!
2000 Toyota Celica GTS
C'mon & hit me!
2000 Toyota Celica GTS
Originally Posted by Celicatastrophe
LOL, at least now he knows what the problem is. He's probably embarrased so this post should be closed...I'm messing with you ct wink

goddammit! stop making fun of me...ha,ha lol! rofl hey man i didn't purposely put it in like that, i just put it to how it would fit and that's the only way i could do it...damn man, laugh at my pain why don't you?!... grin

ct
C'mon & hit me!
2000 Toyota Celica GTS
C'mon & hit me!
2000 Toyota Celica GTS
i just got off the phone with a thec guy at injen and this is his response for my heat shield dilemma:

"well you can position it anyway you want just as long as the opening of the shield faces the "breathing grill" (i'm assumming he's talking about the small grille in the front with the toyo insignia on it), it's fine. all in all it doesn't matter where it's placed as the heat in due time will curve around the shield and will be sucked up anyway."

thumbsup oh well, at least it looks neat grin