Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread

2000 Toyota Celica
2000 Toyota Celica
Its been at least 2 months and this guy still hasnt put my body kit on thumbsdown!!!2 months angry!!!!!!!! He gave me a good price $300 for painting and putting it on but i wanted to know how long it took for your body kit to be pt on so i make sure im not overeacting about this!!!

angry angry angry angry

To deny the simple pleasures in life is to desire death in the most horrifing way.

ECelica Staff
2001 Toyota Celica
ECelica Staff
2001 Toyota Celica
You are not overreacting. I would be pissed as well. You need to call them up and set them straight.

2000 Toyota Celica
2000 Toyota Celica
The thing is that i dropped it off this morning...and he said it would be until thursday?!?!?!?! wtf i mean common 2 months and now a whole freaking week to top that off school starts back wednesday and i am going to have to have my mom drop me off in the freaking mini van angry angry angry angry

To deny the simple pleasures in life is to desire death in the most horrifing way.

ECelica Admin
2001 Toyota Celica GT
ECelica Admin
2001 Toyota Celica GT
has he even test-fitted the body kit yet?

is the body painted already?

does he have everything at his shop right now? what about your car...

are there "others" involved in this install - meaning, is he actually the person doing the install or does he have someone else who is going to do it for him?

bodykit install can take 4 hours - or it can take several days depending on how much effort he is putting into getting the job done.

i would suggest that you call him up - and offer if there is anything you can do to speed things up. then ask what is he waiting for, because you really want to get this done so you can begin on your next projects. remind him that the sooner he gets this job done, the sooner you will have him working on new projects that you are more than happy to work pricing deals with at those times.

just work with the bodyshop and see what can be done to get this done as soon as possible.

you might want to also ask - if because the delay is taking much longer than expected, will the job be performed much more perfect than expected as well? (sorry for the bad English, but you get my point)

[Linked Image]
It's not just your imagination...
Your day really does go by twice as fast while on EverythingCelica.com

ECelica Admin
2001 Toyota Celica GT
ECelica Admin
2001 Toyota Celica GT
BTW... before I knew exactly what was involved in body kit test-fit/prep/paint/prep/install... I was highly agravated that the first body kit installed to my car took 3 weeks... but after watching the installer perform his magic, I knew that it was well worth it... everything was much more justified when I drove the car off their lot and all the attention was pointed my direction...

some things are worth the wait... but then those things are only worth the wait when you know you are getting exactly (or better) than you expected.

[Linked Image]

2000 Toyota Celica
2000 Toyota Celica
He said he wanted to take his time and not be rushed but 4 days seems a little long and he has someone one else working on it. they havet done nothing..fitting, sanding, painting, NOTHING!! the thing is he keeps putting other peoples projects before mine and its driving me crazy...like people who wrecked their car and stuff and he dont want to pay for over extended car rentals (which i can understand)but if he wants to really do this why dont he put it off his schedule for one day so he can do my car????

Does this sound unethical?

2000 Toyota Celica
2000 Toyota Celica
i know its going to be worth it i just wanted to show it off to all my buddies at school wednesday KWIM? plus i got chrome rims this summer...

My car is diffenetly hot its jus tthe anxiety

ECelica Admin
2001 Toyota Celica GT
ECelica Admin
2001 Toyota Celica GT
it has nothing to do with ethics... call him on the phone or go to his office, first thing in the morning - remind him that you want to get this done as soon as possible and that if he shouldnt be worried about people and their rential car payments - thats an issue that the renter, their ins company and the car rentale place should be dealing with. Most car ins companies offer 30 days of car rental - ins companies know that bodyshops have plenty of cars to service and they they cannot do 50 cars in one afternoon... its first come, first serve... and you happen to have been at the front of the line for several weeks now grin

[Linked Image]

2000 Toyota Celica
2000 Toyota Celica
Thanks a lot isaac im calling him around 3 today and telling him i need it bad... but just a wuick question about what is the average install time on this and you got to include time for the pint to dry nd clear coat thats why i think 4 hour kinda see,s lke a crappy time for a crappy job

ECelica Admin
2001 Toyota Celica GT
ECelica Admin
2001 Toyota Celica GT
4 hour for install is what I was referring too...

notice how I wrote, 3 weeks for the whole thing... and 4 hours is just a MINIMUM time I noted for install only

[Linked Image]

2000 Toyota Celica
2000 Toyota Celica
k thanks for clearing that up ...and thanks for the rest of the info ...helped me out alot...

6 months for me. The first month went through just fine 2nd month was just okay 3rd. 3rd month - 6th when am I going to get my CAR BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A little bitchin' made them move faster but in a polite way.

Here's what I did. Tommy you've had my car for 6 months you told me 3-6 weeks. Now I know it's winter and all but what's going on here. Either you finish my car or for every late day my car is in your shop I expect a deduction on the $5800.00 price your charging me!!! Either you make it happen or else i've had it calling you and visiting 3 hours away from San Diego to city of Industry stuck in traffic just to see what's going on! If I don't see paint on my car in the next week and the doors, windows, handles, hood, and all the crap on that's it i'm tired of the crap!!!!

Well... on the last month I finally got my car! And man turned out way better then I expected. I sacrificed driving a 85 colt vista that blew up on the freeway but it was well worth it in the end. Make sure for the time they have your car that all the amount of work they put into your car is perfect!

Originate, Innovate, Never Imitate. Since 2000-04.

2000 Toyota Celica
2000 Toyota Celica
Mam i dont feel so bad anymore

ECelica Staff
ECelica Staff
Took me 2 weeks to get my body kit painted and installed grin so I was only without my baby for a week.

Week #1 drop pieces off, finsihed and painted
Week #2 drop celica off for fitting and install

Last edited by RicePowered; Aug 4, 2003 8:19am.

2000 Toyota Celica
2000 Toyota Celica
Ive dropped my celi off at least four times and he hasnt even started... piece of shit or what? angry

2001 Toyota Celica GT
2001 Toyota Celica GT
Originally Posted by Spencer
Ive dropped my celi off at least four times and he hasnt even started... piece of shit or what? angry
dont be afraid to take it somewhere else, and make sure the guy running the shop knows that. ill garantee he'll get right on it if he thinks hes going to lose buisness for taking to long. thumbsup

01 celica GT, AEM pulley, Injen CAI, Grillcraft grilles, custom antenna, altezza tails, grounding kit, TSRM

2000 Toyota Celica
2000 Toyota Celica
but 300 dollars for all that... thats pretty damn cheap and i need the money i have so 300 is almost all i got right now

05 WRB
2005 Subaru WRX STi
05 WRB
2005 Subaru WRX STi
it took over a month to get my body kit on...dumb turdfaces.

SUBARU TECNICA INTERNATIONAL

2002 Toyota Celica GT
2002 Toyota Celica GT
yeah man that's just way too long it took me about a month to get my whole car painted and have my veilside kit put on

2000 Toyota Celica
2000 Toyota Celica
UPDATE:
angry angry angry angry angry angry
My car got started on today but the dude said it would take a day longer and it would cost me from 200 to 300 more dollars than what he said... i mean i know its an estiment but 200 to 300 dollars?!?!?!Come on... thumbsdown

2000 Toyota Celica
2000 Toyota Celica
UPDATE:
Dude charged me $700 and did the most shity job ever?!!!!
I was so pissed off i could have just wrecked my car into a wall!!!!Dont try to screw young people out of money just cause their young...some do know what they are talking about...THis do kept trying to BS me about the whole this kit dont fit right and shit like that...i know what the hell happened he just did a shitty job for too much...Im going back up there monday... angry angry angry

sorry guys just needed to vent

the dude
2002 Toyota Celica GT
the dude
2002 Toyota Celica GT
that's some bullshit dude! yeah, you really gotta go up there and handle this shit. wtf??

2000 Toyota Celica
2000 Toyota Celica
Originally Posted by PBCelica02
that's some bullshit dude! yeah, you really gotta go up there and handle this shit. wtf??

i know he thinks he pull one over on me...the thing is i paid 700 and its a 500 job...he didnt buff it and its got a gap on one side of side skirts...POS!!!

ECelica Staff
2002 Toyota Celica GT
ECelica Staff
2002 Toyota Celica GT
i had mine installed and painted for 3 days, 400 bucks thumbsup

[Linked Image]

05 WRB
2005 Subaru WRX STi
05 WRB
2005 Subaru WRX STi
Originally Posted by Spencer
Originally Posted by PBCelica02

i know he thinks he pull one over on me...the thing is i paid 700 and its a 500 job...he didnt buff it and its got a gap on one side of side skirts...POS!!!

sorry to hear that...mine was 1300 which is a complete ripoff and they *could* have done better.

SUBARU TECNICA INTERNATIONAL

angry whoa way 2 long. ask for a discount ...

ECelica Staff
2004 GMC Canyon Z-71
ECelica Staff
2004 GMC Canyon Z-71
Wow thats nuts...It took a week to paint mine then 5 hours to put it on...i couldn't imagine 6 MONTHS eek

2000 Toyota Celica
2000 Toyota Celica
if anyone lives in NC i would recomend not going to him...

PM if you live around dunn or benson area and ill tell you were not to go...

this place is bs