Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread

2002 Toyota Celica GTS
2002 Toyota Celica GTS
Hi everyone,
Just wanted to give the guys/gals on one of the forums I'm always on a heads up on an event that a couple of my friends are joining.

Here is the faq section.

When is it?
The 2005 EDM Rally will take place July 08, 2005 July 13, 2005.

What is the route?
Starting in Philly, we have planned stops in Virginia Beach, Myrtle Beach, and Miami. We will end with two nights in tropical Miami Beach, Florida.

What is included?
Hotel stays are included each night, including the first night in Philly. Club-based party is included. Breakfast and Dinner are included at each stop. The awards banquet and reception dinner on the second day in Miami are included, as is lunch on the final day and other events.

What kind of hotels are we staying in?
We will be staying exclusively at Hilton properties, including Doubletree Guest Suites, Hyatt, and Embassy Suites.(note: these are all 5 Stars Hotels)

What meals are included?
All breakfast will be served at each hotel by the hotel staff. A hotel continental breakfast will be served, which will vary by hotel. Lunch will not be included due to the fact that we are awarding those who place in the top 3categories, of best direction/route taken and best time placed within each hotel driving destination. Dinner will be included and served by The Outback Steakhouse and all Outback Steakhouse affiliates (Carrabas, Roys restaurant, Bonefish grill, LeeRoys)

How much does it cost?
The EDM Rally costs $2,000 per car, for up to two drivers. Each additional driver is $550 for up to four total. We also allow two bikes for $2,000 total.
You may reserve your spot in the EDM Rally with a $500.00 non-refundable deposit. In other words, by placing a deposit, you are guaranteed the opportunity to make the remaining payment and participate in the EDM Rally. You will have the option to change your car, co-driver(s) and other registration information as much as needed before the event begins.

When do I need to pay by?
To assure a spot in the EDM Rally a non-refundable deposit of $500 per car (Driver/Co-Driver), (Additional Driver/Guest $250) is due by February 19, 2005 The remaining balance of $1500 per car (Driver/Co-Driver),(Additional Driver/Guest $500) is due by April 30, 2005 Why the EDM Rally VS. Any other Rally event? The 2005 EDM Rally will offer more than most other rallies, and generally be a much greater experience. As far as added value: nice, hot breakfasts and dinners will be included for two people with each entry. Menus will be released soon. As stated above, these will be highlighted by 5 star dining and great food, and the Miami reception lunch, dinner, banquet, and awards ceremony. Club events will all be on par with or better than other rallies. We offer this at a more than reasonable expense so everyone who has ever wanted to do a Rally type event has the opportunity to do so. We also offer rewards to those who have skillfully learned the techniques of driving by means of finding better routes, making less constant stops, and traveling within speed limits in order to save time within each destination.

What are the prizes and how do I earn a prize?
Prizes will be awarded to all participants. There are no losers in any EDMRally type event. All participants will be receiving plaques/trophies, T-Shirts/Apparel from sponsors, a copy of the EDM Rally DVD after release and many more prizes will be included. However we will be awarding the Top 3teams cash prizes. Cash prizes are as follows:

- First Prize - $5,000
- Second Prize - $2,500
- Third Prize - $1,000

In order to receive cash prizes all participants must keep their hotel CHECK-IN/CHECK-OUT time slips issued by each hotel. This does not include the first nights stay in Philly but does include the mornings CHECK-OUT slip. Points will be awarded as follows:

- Philly to Virginia Beach
o First -100 points
o Second - 80 points
o Third - 60 points
o Fourth - 40 points
o Fifth - 20 points

- Virginia Beach to Myrtle Beach
o First -150 points
o Second - 120 points
o Third - 90 points
o Fourth - 60 points
o Fifth - 30 points

- Myrtle Beach to Miami
o First -200 points
o Second - 160 points
o Third - 120 points
o Fourth - 80 points
o Fifth - 40 points

All participants must CHECK-OUT AFTER 9:00 A.M. This assures fairness to all participants and at the same time lets everyone rest for a good amount of time before driving. All participants have the right to leave after 9:00 A.M. and still participate in the cash prizes. However, anyone who leaves before 9:00 A.M. will not be included for that leg of the EDMRally. We assure this using CHECK-OUT time slips issued by each hotel. Anyone who does not follow this or tries to cheat around this, will automatically be disqualified in the Rally and will be stopped from participating. EDMRally does not tolerate nor condone any type of violence, foolish and wreck-less behavior and has the right to ban participants from the rest of the Rally. We would everyone to have a fun and ever lasting experience.

What happens if there is a tie?
If for any reason there is a tie, EDMRally will come to a fair decision on how the prize money will be distributed between the two teams that have tied. We do not anticipate a tie but because it is a possibility we have already discussed an alternate route.

What types of cars can enter?
This event is open to any types of legal registered vehicles. Any make/model/year vehicles are welcome to join. EDMRally does not discriminate against any persons/vehicles.

Please feel free to contact them with any other questions.

info@edmrally.com

The official site http://www.edmrally.com/.

I would like everyone on the board to reply and let me know if there is any interest. I'm hoping that some members of this board end up joining so we can have a crazy time going. I think this event is limited to the first 100 cars. We can also join their forum and post anything up there. Let get some guys/girls from this forum there so we can represent.
Media coverage includes mtv/spike tv/ max it out video mag

TheFilipinoCrew
2000 Toyota Celica GT
TheFilipinoCrew
2000 Toyota Celica GT
oh i've heard of it...kinda like Gumball 3000 lol...from the north east to the south east rally. thumbsup

FWD
1995 Toyota Celica
FWD
1995 Toyota Celica
let me know when the west coast rally happens. ill be more game for that.

2002 Toyota Celica GT
2002 Toyota Celica GT
Hmmm... I might just have to do this. I'll get back to you.

[Linked Image]
"Everything that has a beginning, has an end."
-The Oracle