Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread

2000 Toyota Celica GT
2000 Toyota Celica GT
I have a 2000 gt and lately I've been smelling burning plastic. I looked under my car and on the passenger side right in front of the rear tire I see melted plastic that has been dripping on my exhaust. I was curous if anyone has been having the same prob or know how to fix it.

I took the butterfly valve out of the in take be fore I noticed this happening. Could that be the problem? I was thinking maybe since the car was getting more air that the exhaust was getting hotter and melting the plastic. So I put the valve back in but I still smell it. I think maybe b/c there's still plastic on the exhaust.

Also, does anyone know what the plastic is. Is it important.

Thanks. I'd appreciate feed back.

2000 Toyota Celica
2000 Toyota Celica
i dont suspose its possible you ran over a plastic bag? i doubt it has to do with the butterfly valve, ive never heard of plastic melting because your exhaust was too hot, due to intake mods, and thats even after market intakes. its possible, but i would def try to get it on a lift and make sure nothing is rubbing. like if your exhaust because loose and its touching anything. i know the engine plastics under the engine tend to fall off because the clips dont hold them too well so you can check and see if there is some plastic cover there too that might have come loose. try to remove the plastic thats on the exhaust so it stops smelling and you can see if anymore is getting onto it. good luck and let us know what happens

Boobie Vision
2000 Toyota Celica
Boobie Vision
2000 Toyota Celica
yeah man.. that doesnt sound right.. Get it checked out pronto man.