Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread

#314761 Oct 31, 6:02pm
1990 Toyota Celica
1990 Toyota Celica
i just started the complete destruction of my beautiful celica to rebuild it ground up reason: i want a speed demon awd monster show car i will post pictures as i get them and any updates but for now i wanted to ask if anyone has ever fiberglassed there interior not just a box or gauge mounts but more like front to back making it completely unique. If you are going to post saying this is a dumb idea or why don't i just buy a new car don't waste my time im just looking for some ideas and POSITIVE feedback.

Whodie #314762 Oct 31, 6:32pm
GT4
1993 Toyota Celica Alltrac
1993 Toyota Celica Alltrac
I'm not answering the question but what is your plan exactly?
i want a speed demon awd monster show car

93 ST185, 91 ST185 (sold), 99 Solara SEV6
Boston

GT4 #314763 Oct 31, 11:43pm
1991 Toyota Celica GT
1991 Toyota Celica GT
Hey Whodie, Isn't your car a GT? It will be be a pain and very expensive to convert to AWD. I haven't done my interior in fiberglass yet (key word yet), but I have don't a lot of fiberglass and Carbonfiber work on other cars. What you have in mind? Fiber glass is easy to work with once you get use to it.

1990 Toyota Celica
1990 Toyota Celica
ok first off what i have in mind is a completely custom car i beleive tommy said that he wants to have a 400+ whp engine i have this in mind too but i also want to have awd. I understand that this will take a lot of work i have a gts and i already have a company that is going to make me custom axles, and driveshaft/differential its going to be expensive but its a project car i mean its not suppose to be easy or cheap if it was everyone would do it. as for my interior i want to ad some style some ridges in the door panels i don't want carpet i want it to look smooth from top to bottom and front to back. Tommy i just dropped some cash to get my engine so im low on funds right now but in the future im gonna need to get in touch with Twisted to get the vert hinges and maybe some other things you think i could get a deal if i got everything through them?

Whodie #314765 Nov 1, 11:37pm
1991 Toyota Celica GT
1991 Toyota Celica GT
Yea, and when your ready give me a holler and I'll grease the gears for you over there. I should be able to get them to drop a few hundred of the verts plus what ever else you might need. They are in the process right now of converting a US Celi to right hand drive. It should be interesting.

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
with the fiberglass interior i was planning on redoing my interior this next summer, because its too cold to do it in minnesota right now...(and i dont have a shop) thumbsdown but im not going to do anything major, im just going to go over everything with Resin and sand it good using the original styling...so its just gonna be a stock feel with a racers edge...im going with Black for all the big things (Main parts) and a DArk green metal flake for the smaller Trim and stuff...i took out my back seats, and im planning to redo the whole floor with either Black carpet, (or) Diamond Plate steel (Really Heavy wtf) but im not sure, then im also going to mount Neons in a few places (Below seats, In air vents, under dash, and a few in the rear. And all the wires will be hidden inside the dash, all connect to a switch, so that i can turn em on at shows, and off at the streets (Since there illegal)

good idea, yes no?

#314767 Nov 7, 6:23am
1991 Toyota Celica GT
1991 Toyota Celica GT
Sounds good bro, Diamond plate "Aluminum" actually isn't heavy. The DP most dosen't weigh much more than carpet and should weigh less that your really good carpet. Plus you can get it by the sheet at your local Home Depot or equal. You leaving the back seat out?

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
yes back seat is staying out, i hate having passengers anyways all they do is mess it up... thumbsdown

#314769 Nov 28, 2:45pm
1990 Toyota Celica
1990 Toyota Celica
i thought about diamond plate as well but i think i might just fiberglass my interior floor and have no carpet ... my rear seats are out as well more room for my custom system ... anymore ideas guys? -Kyle

Whodie #314770 Nov 28, 3:12pm
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
fiberglass floor might that crack? if pressure placed upon it?...also i am not a fan of systems sorry...im more into racing and lightening my car in any way, and the whole bumping isnt all that pleasuring for me, but o well everyones tastes are different.

all i wanna do is satisfy myself!! happywink

#314771 Dec 1, 7:20am
1991 Toyota Celica GT
1991 Toyota Celica GT
Complete FG floor will be hard to prevent cracking. Can't step on it, can't drop things.

1990 Toyota Celica
1990 Toyota Celica
I want to stay away from carpeting though. just not the look im going for i guess ... any other suggestions for the floor ?
-Kyle