Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread

2002 Toyota Celica GT
2002 Toyota Celica GT
ok, so im fed up of sitting here with under 150 hp in my gt, and i know im not the only one. my room mate and i have had experience with composite construction in the past, specifically in the area of custom aircraft components... shouldn't be to hard to design a new hood for our cars. i am reasearching everything i can on this project, and i will be in contact with trd this week to get any information i can get from them. what i need from you is basically concepts for the new hood and any other suggestions. i will keep you posted.

2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT Spyder
2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT Spyder
lol i dont have ne suggestions but the best of luck to ya!!!! thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup

05 WRB
2005 Subaru WRX STi
05 WRB
2005 Subaru WRX STi
good luck dude...if all goes well that would be awesome! grin thumbsup

SUBARU TECNICA INTERNATIONAL

ECelica Staff
2001 Toyota Celica
ECelica Staff
2001 Toyota Celica
well, I do not know exactly where the charger would be located. But maybe:

I bigger opening/hoodscoop design. That may look a little funky though

A Ram Air hood...may not look good on a compact car

A hood in the design of the Invader hood, to give it a more aggressive look.

It would have to be lightweight...Carbon fiber would be awesome, but pricey so thats probably a no go.

Those are all I can think of...is that what you were talking about. Anyways, good luck with this project. I myself am doing some research on NA mods. Keep it up.

Dan

2002 Toyota Celica GT
2002 Toyota Celica GT
Dan~

we have sources to make carbon fiber fairly in expensive, actually probably could sell for slightly lower cost than most Carbon Fiber hoods. it looks like the hood will have to be raised in the front, just pondering on how to make it flow with the rest of the car. also considering if leaving the current scoop is even a good idea... with a supercharger who needs a worthless hood scoop anyway, right?

ECelica Staff
2001 Toyota Celica
ECelica Staff
2001 Toyota Celica
Originally Posted by DaytonaCelica1
Dan~

we have sources to make carbon fiber fairly in expensive, actually probably could sell for slightly lower cost than most Carbon Fiber hoods. it looks like the hood will have to be raised in the front, just pondering on how to make it flow with the rest of the car. also considering if leaving the current scoop is even a good idea... with a supercharger who needs a worthless hood scoop anyway, right?

The scoop is there to cool the exhaust/header. With the charger, I think the scoop would be a necessity. Check me on this, I may be wrong. As for the front being raised...have you seen the VIS Invader hood? Some thing like that would be cool, but on a stock body it may look a little funky. I will do some brainstorming on the hood. My imagination wanders a lot. I wouldn't mind helping out with this project in anyway possible. I am going to school for engineering and I know several engineers. I could maybe find out some things for you. Let me know.

Dan

something like the supra trd hood or the c-one those look awesome.

Originate, Innovate, Never Imitate. Since 2000-04.

2002 Toyota Celica GT
2002 Toyota Celica GT
any info you can come up with would be great! i have heard that the scoop "cools" the exhaust header, but friends of mine from a shop down the road said that it is mostly just for show, and it wouldn't hurt not to have it. we have engineers here too, but like i said, any help would be great. looking at the vis invader hood now (haven't really looked at it recently), i will let you know. i am mainly waiting for the response from TRD, need to know dimensions, really need to know the height that the hood would need to be in that area to clear the supercharger.

2002 Toyota Celica GT
2002 Toyota Celica GT
Dan~

VIS Invader thumbsup, that is close to what we need, but not quite. good place to start

ECelica Staff
2001 Toyota Celica
ECelica Staff
2001 Toyota Celica
well, just let me know how I can help. Have you read my post about the 2zz head on the 1zz block? If not, read it and let me know what oyu think.

Are you basically just doing research on a new hood? Or a supercharger as well?

2002 Toyota Celica GT
2002 Toyota Celica GT
yes i have read your idea about the head, i will look into it later tonight, im not quite sure how much of a diff it would make, but i will research it. i am attempting to design and build a hood to accomidate the TRD supercharge for the 1.8 1zz-FE due for release next month. i like TRD's products, just very pissed they didn't make this work for us! mainly looking for design ideas in the visual concept area, but anything else you can offer would be great. it will be made from carbon fiber, and will be available painted to match, or just Carbon Fiber. really need dimention from TRD though!

ECelica Staff
2001 Toyota Celica
ECelica Staff
2001 Toyota Celica
alright, good deal. Update me when you get the dimensions. thumbsup

2002 Toyota Celica GT
2002 Toyota Celica GT
still waiting for a response from TRD... just keeping you guys up to date.

the dude
2002 Toyota Celica GT
the dude
2002 Toyota Celica GT
word. hope the proj going good. thumbsup