Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread

#307798 Oct 23, 9:49pm
2000 Toyota Celica
2000 Toyota Celica
I am thinking about getting a VIPER alarm system (MSRP 331.00) but i heard that cliffor is good too? anyone have any recommendations along with some prices?

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
correct me if im wrong but i believe DEI owns both those companies and they are practically the same.

#307800 Oct 23, 10:11pm
dikitzaps
1974 Toyota Celica
dikitzaps
1974 Toyota Celica
Originally Posted by spyder00367
correct me if im wrong but i believe DEI owns both those companies and they are practically the same.

you are correct

2000 Toyota Celica
2000 Toyota Celica
I have Clifford on my Celica. It good in that when the car security is on, all power to the engine is shut down. But thats a bitch when the battery gets low in the button. When you open the door with the key and try to start the engine and it wont start. But its a great system.

2000 Toyota Celica
2000 Toyota Celica
hmmm, so since they are the same i guess i will get a VIPER, my mom has one on her Town and country van so i guess i will stick with Viper, thanks

2002 Toyota Celica
2002 Toyota Celica
I dont know much about alarms, but i think the ones w/ the kill switch are better, since they cant start up your engine. Alarms that just make noise are kinda pointless, nobody doesn anything when you hear an alarm from a distance.

2005 Toyota Celica GT
2005 Toyota Celica GT
Hey I just got a Clifford RSX 3.5 Remote start/pager alarm in my Celica. I did so much freakin' research on it cause I didn't want to get screwed. I've had remote starts in the past.. and this alarm rocks my socks bro. The only thing I hear is that you gotta change the battery every month. So if you get a pager remote, i recommend keeping extra batteries in your car or somewhere. But c'mon man... batteries are like 10 bucks for a pack of one million at your local costco or sam's club. I agree with fungasamoungous... alarms that make noise are pointless.. no one listens to them anyways. I actually asked the guy who installed it to lower the sensitivity so that if you like punch my car it won't go off. it's only gonna go off when the windows are broken, doors open, hood open, and if the car is lifted up. I figure people's systems were going to set it off anyways. Plus, i paid just a little extra for the windows to go up and down... all controled thru the remote.

hit me up if you want to know anything else.

Clifford all the way thumbsup

2003 Toyota Celica
2003 Toyota Celica
hey damien, can you get the remote start on a manual? And also, how much did it cost for the alarm including installation and where did you get it done? thanks

Who's yo Daddy?
2000 Toyota Celica GT
Who's yo Daddy?
2000 Toyota Celica GT
The Clifford RSX 3.5 is discontinued and replaced by the Viper 791xv. Best buy seems to have a great price on their Viper alarms. Whatever you do make sure you get a DEI alarm because they offer a lifetime warrenty on the alarm itself. Never get an alpine audiovox or black widow alarm because they are shit and will break down eventually, besides give the installer a break...buying a dei alarm will be much faster because they use 1 wire for connections compared to 2 on those others i mentioned. You can add a lot more to your alarm when you buy a dei alarm also...if you have stuff worth saving in your car make sure you get a backup battery and mini peizo siren for the interior of the car. good luck, and technically you can get remote start on your manual but no real install place will do it for you...technically its a liabilty issue thats also illegal.

2005 Toyota Celica GT
2005 Toyota Celica GT
Originally Posted by slim
hey damien, can you get the remote start on a manual? And also, how much did it cost for the alarm including installation and where did you get it done? thanks

there's ways you can get it on a manual, but it's a hassle and is expensive and from what i just read illegal. i got charged 120.00 for installation. Whoa I didn't even know it was discontinued. I went to a couple shops and they were still selling it. I even asked a couple of the people at the shops if any of their mechanic people had it and a grip of them did. That is part of the reason why I got it cause I got a cool little demonstration. But all in all I think all the DET alarms are the same. Viper's pager alarm thing is the same as mine, except that cliffords RSX matrix has the "carbon fiber" look.

2002 Toyota Celica
2002 Toyota Celica
the clifford 3.5 was not replaced by the 791xv both alarms still exist and are virtually the same cost on the 2 alarm are 189.00 but shops usually charge 100 more for the clifford because of the name... the only diff. is that the 3.5 comes with a C/F remote and the 791xv comes with a blue remote

beware dont buy a 790xv with the white remotes out of about 30 or 40 almost all remotes came back defective