Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread

#307054 Oct 22, 9:56pm
2004 Toyota Celica GT
2004 Toyota Celica GT
I want to buy some brake rotors but I dont know what brand. Do you guys/gals know which brand are best for an 04 GT ?

MothTRD #307055 Oct 22, 11:11pm
Speed Omen
2002 Toyota Celica GT
Speed Omen
2002 Toyota Celica GT
Rotora or Stoptech

Sultan #307056 Oct 23, 12:00am
2000 Toyota Celica
2000 Toyota Celica
I was looking at the Stoptech site just last night and it didn't show any replacement rotors for the celica...

Kim
GOD
2002 Toyota Celica GT
GOD
2002 Toyota Celica GT
I hope you're not expecting any braking power gains from this. I highly doubt that rotors will change your braking power.

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by MothTRD
I want to buy some brake rotors but I dont know what brand. Do you guys/gals know which brand are best for an 04 GT ?

Theirs a whole selection of rotors you can choose from. Drilled, Slotted, Drilled & Slotted, Standard stock vented. Anyway are you looking for just replacement rotors or larger sized big brake rotors? It's up to you what you want to put on your car.

Here are some rotors that let you still use the stock caliper and can accommodate your stock wheels not needing any major custom wheels. Below are "Replacement Rotors" that are basically standard size except for AEM. They all use the 2 piston stock caliper. The difference with stock rotor and replacement would have to mainly depend on the quality of
1. Rotor design,
2. Cooling design (whether it may be slotted, drilled, or both.)
3. High Performance Brake Pad Upgrade
4. Quality Brake Lines (preferably steel braided)
5. Quality Brake Fluid

Some people don't like the use of replacement rotors or big brake kits that are both drilled and slotted since they can crack and get damaged if you don't maintain your brake system. It's either one or the other drilled or slotted. If you get both for a replacement I'd recommend being more cautious and have brake inspections on occasion to see if cracking is suddenly happening. Anyway...

Rotors, Rotors, Rotors
1."AEM" - bigger rotor but it is only a replacement for the front if you have GT, for GTS they have an upgrade for the rear as well. Uses a special bracket to accommodate the larger size rotors and still uses the stock 2 piston calipers their is just more braking surface. They come in Red, Blue, Silver anodized front and rear optional got GTS.

2. Rotora replacements - drilled color black. Basically like the stock rotor and same size as well. Great aftermarket replacement. No re-positioning of calipers required.

3. Brembo replacements - drilled, slotted, or drilled & slotted, color silver. Great reputation rotor size is like stock. No re-positioning of calipers required.

Big brake kits -
1. Rotora - Caliper Colors: Red & Black, Drilled & Slotted.
2. TRD, Stoptech (same company TRD uses) difference in pricing. Slotted, Color black, Caliper color red.
3. Brembo(cost an arm and leg) not the common choice due to pricing but high quality and hold a very great reputation.

These companies usually include items as a package and are higher quality. The 4 piston caliper design is exceptional for stopping performance up front. There has not yet been a larger caliper design for the rear of the GTS. Rear is a 2 piston design on the GTS. Big brake kits include high performance piece's. Big brake kits almost always includes larger rotors, steel brakes lines, high performance brake pads, and larger calipers. All these kits are basically just for the front and so far only come in a 4 piston design. 6 Piston is not necessary. Custom sized wheels or proper fitting wheels are necessary to accommodate the clearance issues with big brake kits due to the larger sized calipers.

Their are more companies that can make custom rotors and parts but these are the common ones. Companies such as SSBC that specialize in a rear conversion for GT have rear brake rotors that can replace the drums. Their is a whole lot more info we can talk about this can go on and on and on. But since you asked for brake rotors those above companies all make good "brake rotors". It's up to you on which one you decide to get. Will depend mainly on your perferance of choice. thumbsup

Originate, Innovate, Never Imitate. Since 2000-04.