Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
cant post at home #305924 Oct 21, 12:51pm Oct 21, 12:51pm
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 321
Dallas, Texas
2002 Silver Toyota Celica GT
JesterDallas OP
Member
2002 Toyota Celica GT
JesterDallas OP
2002 Silver Toyota Celica GT
Member
2002 Toyota Celica GT

Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 321
Dallas, Texas
cant post at home
Wonderin if anyone could help me out with this little problem. I can not post, or reply to posts on the forum on my home laptop, but i can at work or anywhere else that i've tried. Any ideas as to why or how i can fix it?

Re: cant post at home [Re: JesterDallas] #305925 Oct 21, 12:58pm Oct 21, 12:58pm
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,787
California
2000 Black Toyota Celica GT
ghostingcelica
Specialist
2000 Toyota Celica GT
ghostingcelica
2000 Black Toyota Celica GT
Specialist
2000 Toyota Celica GT

Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,787
California
what does it say when you try to post?

Re: cant post at home [Re: JesterDallas] #305926 Oct 21, 1:20pm Oct 21, 1:20pm
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 173
San Francisco
roxyracer
Member
2004 Toyota Celica
roxyracer
Member
2004 Toyota Celica

Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 173
San Francisco
Originally Posted by JesterDallas
Wonderin if anyone could help me out with this little problem. I can not post, or reply to posts on the forum on my home laptop, but i can at work or anywhere else that i've tried. Any ideas as to why or how i can fix it?


Hi yeah I have an idea you must have some Internet security at home. I have to disable mine to make a post. I have Norton Internet security and you have to right click and disable to post. Good Luck!


2004 GTS Action Package loaded and lookin' hot <img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happywink.gif" alt="" />
Check it out------>> http://community.webshots.com/user/sama4ms
Re: cant post at home [Re: JesterDallas] #305927 Oct 21, 2:08pm Oct 21, 2:08pm
Joined: May 2002
Posts: 6,007
Los Angeles, CA
2001 Absolutely Red Toyota Celica GT
isaac
ECelica Admin
2001 Toyota Celica GT
isaac
2001 Absolutely Red Toyota Celica GT
ECelica Admin
2001 Toyota Celica GT

Joined: May 2002
Posts: 6,007
Los Angeles, CA
Problem - When trying to make a post or reply, you receive a "this is not a valid host" error message.
You may need to make an adjustment to your Norton Internet Security Software. I believe this is included with Windows XP.

For Norton Internet Security:

1. Open Norton Internet Security.
2. Click Options.
3. Click Internet Security (or Personal Firewall).
4. Click Advanced Options.
5. Click the Web tab.
6. Click Add Site. A new site/domain box appears.
7. Enter the url of the site that you want to receive the referrer information (www.ThisSite.com) and click OK. That site name appears in the left frame of the Advanced Options window.
8. Click the name of the new site.
9. Click the Privacy tab.
10. Check the "Use these rules for..." box.
11. Change the Referrer from "Block" to "Allow."
12. Click Apply, and then click OK.
13. Click OK to close the Options window.


For ZoneAlarm Pro 3.0:

1. Begin at ZoneAlarm Pro Control Center (if ZAP is minimized to tray, simply right click on the "ZA" symbol and choose "Restore ZoneAlarm Pro Control Center".)

2. From left-hand column, choose "Privacy" (below "Alerts & Logs" and above "Email Protection".)

3. Click menu tab that says "Site List" (next to "Main", under "Help", in right-hand corner.)

4. Click on "Add" button on bottom right corner of Control Center (above "Options".)

5. A box pops up that says "Add sites to your privacy list by entering the URL below" and then asks for "URL".
Type in the URL for the site like: www.ThisSite.com

6. Click "OK".

7. Locate the site you just entered in the list of sites and right click anywhere on that line. You are given the choice of "Remove" and "Options". Choose "Options".

8. You are given the options for the site you just entered. Under the "Cookies" menu, go to the "3rd Party Cookies" section. Uncheck "Remove Private Header Information". Click "Apply" at bottom. Click "OK" at bottom.

If you actually made it through, you should now be able to post at the site you entered without having to disable ZAP or getting the "invalid host" error.


[Linked Image]
It's not just your imagination...
Your day really does go by twice as fast while on EverythingCelica.com
Re: cant post at home [Re: isaac] #305928 Oct 21, 3:00pm Oct 21, 3:00pm
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 422
Miami, Fl
1985 Silver Toyota Celica
eddie_725
Senior Member
1985 Toyota Celica
eddie_725
1985 Silver Toyota Celica
Senior Member
1985 Toyota Celica

Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 422
Miami, Fl
^^^^^ thumbsup


"if pimpin' is dead then I'm bring it back
mata fact it never died so I take that back" -Lil Wayne-
Re: cant post at home [Re: isaac] #305929 Oct 21, 4:20pm Oct 21, 4:20pm
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 173
San Francisco
roxyracer
Member
2004 Toyota Celica
roxyracer
Member
2004 Toyota Celica

Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 173
San Francisco
Originally Posted by isaac
Problem - When trying to make a post or reply, you receive a "this is not a valid host" error message.
You may need to make an adjustment to your Norton Internet Security Software. I believe this is included with Windows XP.

For Norton Internet Security:

1. Open Norton Internet Security.
2. Click Options.
3. Click Internet Security (or Personal Firewall).
4. Click Advanced Options.
5. Click the Web tab.
6. Click Add Site. A new site/domain box appears.
7. Enter the url of the site that you want to receive the referrer information (www.ThisSite.com) and click OK. That site name appears in the left frame of the Advanced Options window.
8. Click the name of the new site.
9. Click the Privacy tab.
10. Check the "Use these rules for..." box.
11. Change the Referrer from "Block" to "Allow."
12. Click Apply, and then click OK.
13. Click OK to close the Options window.


For ZoneAlarm Pro 3.0:

1. Begin at ZoneAlarm Pro Control Center (if ZAP is minimized to tray, simply right click on the "ZA" symbol and choose "Restore ZoneAlarm Pro Control Center".)

2. From left-hand column, choose "Privacy" (below "Alerts & Logs" and above "Email Protection".)

3. Click menu tab that says "Site List" (next to "Main", under "Help", in right-hand corner.)

4. Click on "Add" button on bottom right corner of Control Center (above "Options".)

5. A box pops up that says "Add sites to your privacy list by entering the URL below" and then asks for "URL".
Type in the URL for the site like: www.ThisSite.com

6. Click "OK".

7. Locate the site you just entered in the list of sites and right click anywhere on that line. You are given the choice of "Remove" and "Options". Choose "Options".

8. You are given the options for the site you just entered. Under the "Cookies" menu, go to the "3rd Party Cookies" section. Uncheck "Remove Private Header Information". Click "Apply" at bottom. Click "OK" at bottom.

If you actually made it through, you should now be able to post at the site you entered without having to disable ZAP or getting the "invalid host" error.



Hi Isaac thanks for the good info. but I could only get to step 4 and there wasn't any advanced option tab? Tell me what you think. Thanks!


2004 GTS Action Package loaded and lookin' hot <img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happywink.gif" alt="" />
Check it out------>> http://community.webshots.com/user/sama4ms
Re: cant post at home [Re: roxyracer] #305930 Oct 21, 6:43pm Oct 21, 6:43pm
Joined: May 2002
Posts: 6,007
Los Angeles, CA
2001 Absolutely Red Toyota Celica GT
isaac
ECelica Admin
2001 Toyota Celica GT
isaac
2001 Absolutely Red Toyota Celica GT
ECelica Admin
2001 Toyota Celica GT

Joined: May 2002
Posts: 6,007
Los Angeles, CA
it may be called something different in your version of NPFW...

NPFW 2005 has been integrated into NAV and should not cause any alerts other than actual intrusions - if you had been having an error with this site, its that you are running a version of NPFW that includes the "cookie bug" and you should run LiveUpdate to download the latest updates to this software.

the notes written above should work for all NPFW 2003 and prior thumbsup
not quite sure how NIS 2004 is built - i never ran that version

if you need additional support for your specific version of NPFW, check this link...
http://www.symantec.com/techsupp/npf/

the problem that NPFW is having with this site is "COOKIES"... Cookies are used to track your Username/Password and which posts you have read for your current session. Without accepting cookies key feature won't work properly.

High levels of security restriction in certain browsers will automatically reject cookies. In order to use the key features of these forums, you'll need to accept cookies.

If these steps don't work you can try purging your cookies from this site using the My Cookies tool.
https://www.celicahobby.com/ubbthreads/mycookies.php?Cat=


[Linked Image]
It's not just your imagination...
Your day really does go by twice as fast while on EverythingCelica.com
Re: cant post at home [Re: isaac] #305931 Oct 24, 11:21pm Oct 24, 11:21pm
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 173
San Francisco
roxyracer
Member
2004 Toyota Celica
roxyracer
Member
2004 Toyota Celica

Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 173
San Francisco
Originally Posted by isaac
it may be called something different in your version of NPFW...

NPFW 2005 has been integrated into NAV and should not cause any alerts other than actual intrusions - if you had been having an error with this site, its that you are running a version of NPFW that includes the "cookie bug" and you should run LiveUpdate to download the latest updates to this software.

the notes written above should work for all NPFW 2003 and prior thumbsup
not quite sure how NIS 2004 is built - i never ran that version

if you need additional support for your specific version of NPFW, check this link...
http://www.symantec.com/techsupp/npf/

the problem that NPFW is having with this site is "COOKIES"... Cookies are used to track your Username/Password and which posts you have read for your current session. Without accepting cookies key feature won't work properly.

High levels of security restriction in certain browsers will automatically reject cookies. In order to use the key features of these forums, you'll need to accept cookies.

If these steps don't work you can try purging your cookies from this site using the My Cookies tool.
https://www.celicahobby.com/ubbthreads/mycookies.php?Cat=


Thanks for the info I will try and figure it out, it's pretty annoying it comes up every 10 seconds when I disable it.


2004 GTS Action Package loaded and lookin' hot <img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happywink.gif" alt="" />
Check it out------>> http://community.webshots.com/user/sama4ms
Re: cant post at home [Re: roxyracer] #305932 Oct 25, 7:24pm Oct 25, 7:24pm
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 321
Dallas, Texas
2002 Silver Toyota Celica GT
JesterDallas OP
Member
2002 Toyota Celica GT
JesterDallas OP
2002 Silver Toyota Celica GT
Member
2002 Toyota Celica GT

Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 321
Dallas, Texas
My first post from home!


[Linked Image]
Re: cant post at home [Re: JesterDallas] #305933 Oct 25, 7:24pm Oct 25, 7:24pm
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 321
Dallas, Texas
2002 Silver Toyota Celica GT
JesterDallas OP
Member
2002 Toyota Celica GT
JesterDallas OP
2002 Silver Toyota Celica GT
Member
2002 Toyota Celica GT

Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 321
Dallas, Texas
It was the Norton! Thanks guys. grin


[Linked Image]
Re: cant post at home [Re: JesterDallas] #305934 Dec 29, 8:45pm Dec 29, 8:45pm
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 733
Hon, HI
g96818
Yoda Master
2000 Toyota Celica GTS
g96818
Yoda Master
2000 Toyota Celica GTS

Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 733
Hon, HI
Isaac, you should make this a sticky, because some ppl still have this prob

Re: cant post at home [Re: g96818] #305935 Dec 29, 11:40pm Dec 29, 11:40pm
Joined: May 2002
Posts: 6,007
Los Angeles, CA
2001 Absolutely Red Toyota Celica GT
isaac
ECelica Admin
2001 Toyota Celica GT
isaac
2001 Absolutely Red Toyota Celica GT
ECelica Admin
2001 Toyota Celica GT

Joined: May 2002
Posts: 6,007
Los Angeles, CA
Originally Posted by g96818
Isaac, you should make this a sticky, because some ppl still have this prob


check the New Members forum...
https://www.celicahobby.com/ubbthreads/forum0_UBB27.html

it's all posted at the top thumbsup


[Linked Image]
It's not just your imagination...
Your day really does go by twice as fast while on EverythingCelica.com
Join the conversation - Register Now or Log In to add your comment


Moderated by  isaac 

Member Spotlight
Chaz
Chaz
2000 Toyota Celica GT
DFW Texas

Posts: 502
Joined: January 2004
Show All Member Profiles 
Recent Topics
APR strut bar brace for 2000 GTS
by TweakMaster. 10/15/2017 8:02 PM
Help with vacuum hose
by Chaos. 10/15/2017 6:07 PM
My 2000 GTS
by TweakMaster. 10/14/2017 6:29 PM
Replaced bad MAF. Now getting p0300/p1300 CEL codes. HELP!
by Bblee1989. 10/14/2017 4:34 PM
What kind of rim is this?
by mariahjordan. 10/10/2017 8:05 PM
Changed Headlight but so Dimm
by smsih. 10/10/2017 2:55 PM
Anyone know this remote unlock key? trying to ID it!
by kieronboz. 10/04/2017 2:36 AM
will C-one lip fit on TRD front bumper
by Mik3l. 09/30/2017 3:28 PM
Customize Your Toyota Celica Privacy Policy · About · Contact
Privacy Policy · About · Contact
CelicaHobby.com is an independent Toyota Celica enthusiast website. CelicaHobby.com is not sponsored by or affiliated with Toyota Motor Sales, USA, Inc. in any way. The Toyota and Celica names and logos are trademarks owned by Toyota Motor Sales, USA, Inc.
© CelicaHobby.com, 2001-2017
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.6.1
(Snapshot build 20171017)