New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread

#287007 Sep 28, 8:01pm
SD Syndicate
2004 Toyota Celica GT
SD Syndicate
2004 Toyota Celica GT
Alright guys, I NEED EVERYONES HELP AND OPINION ON THIS!

I really want to start a car club at my university. Thats about as far as I got. rofl

This guy in my physics class has got a tricked out Acura RSX-S. Talking Turbocharged, lowered, rims, exhaust, carbon fiber. Its a hot looking car and i'm impartial toward Celicas. I want to ask him about being a part of this club. He'd be the first person i've approached with this idea.

I need five ppl to officially get the club school recognized (funding for shit), so how do you think I should go about this? I'm thinking word of mouth, since ppl talk with ppl about the most random stuff at my school. Every club needs a purpose, but brainstorming and I haven't come up with anything important other than meeting other people, bonding through organized social events, and generally helping each other out, whether its car troubles or moddifying something on their vehicle. I want it to be imports only, but if things change, I might just bring in all modded cars, regular cars, or if not anything else, car enthusiasts.

Any suggestions for rules? Aside from whoring up my thread, i'll take any kinds of thoughts or suggestions you guys have. You guys are the best on the net! I don't think I tell that to you enough. thumbsup

[Linked Image]
2004 Toyota Celica GT
***Blue Batmobile sponsored vehicle***

2003 Toyota Celica GT
2003 Toyota Celica GT
hmm, what will the benefits be by getting recognized by the school? and what school do you attend?

SD Syndicate
2004 Toyota Celica GT
SD Syndicate
2004 Toyota Celica GT
Funding! Should we want to throw a social event at school. Also recognition and more ppl will want to join if we're designated a club. Being a club makes us more official then just a group of guys getting together on a weekend. Plus, it'll help us seek out more ppl. Drives curiosity. grin

I attend Cal State University of San Marcos. Ironically, I was checking UCSDs website (friend who goes there says there was a lot of organizations) and I couldn't find one for a car club or anything like it. You guys have a lot of fraternities i've never even heard of. And a hip hop club? rofl On a campus, this could be the first of its kind. thumbsup

[Linked Image]
2004 Toyota Celica GT

2000 Toyota Celica GT
2000 Toyota Celica GT
Club purpose - to make fastest celica in the world, there ya go tongue

[Linked Image]

FWD
1995 Toyota Celica
FWD
1995 Toyota Celica
Club Purpose "to stop the stereo-type of a car tuner"

create your club race on the track and not on the streets... help each other in the team and other's who are not. promote legal venues and safe car maintance.

with that moto schools will show more respect and itll show your a adult by not participating in illegal events and they probably wont stereo type you either thumbsup

[Linked Image]

SD Syndicate
2004 Toyota Celica GT
SD Syndicate
2004 Toyota Celica GT
I don't think we'll race, but thats a good idea. Neither will I be even close to making the fastest Celica in the world. This has to pertain to a variety of car owners, not just Celicas.

What is the stereotype of the car tuner?, not to go off topic. confused

Safe car maintainance, thats a must! thumbsup Whether its mods or basic maintainance.

Its gonna be a campus only thing (members must attend CSUSM), but if it gets huge, might open it up to the public. I talked with another friend of mine today who owns a sweet black Celica GT, 02. He said he would support me, so that means I only need 3 more ppl to start. Off to a great start and I hope this goes through.

[Linked Image]
2004 Toyota Celica GT

2001 Toyota Celica GT
2001 Toyota Celica GT
Stereotype of tuner: See The Fast and the Furious thumbsup

Go to the student organization website, and look around for a place with info about starting your club, and they'll have the requirements and so forth...if you have trouble finding it then ask someone you know or email the head of a club and ask him/her what you need to do. It shouldn't be too hard - I looked through the ASU club list once and it was incredible the number of ridiculous "clubs" people had.

Maybe I should start one too...unfortunately too many ricers would show up.

SD Syndicate
2004 Toyota Celica GT
SD Syndicate
2004 Toyota Celica GT
^^^I'm the head of a club already.

I'm President of Yellow Ribbon Suicide Prevention Club. A CSU chapter of Yr International, we work with students to decrease depression levels among students, offer counseling, help sponsor health fairs, bring public speakers, do fundraisers for more guest speakers, social events, etc. We just want to get the message out that suicide is the wrong solution and that theres ppl out there that have the same feelings as you and are getting help.

Tangent, anyway.

I've seen F&F, but haven't seen 2F2F. I need to watch both of them, one after another.

One of the requirements is five members. So far I have two. Me and a friend of mine. I have the whole page of requirements. I'm need to right a rules list and constitution...not really, just outline the club in general. grin

Thanks guys, keep it coming. wave

[Linked Image]
2004 Toyota Celica GT

SD Syndicate
2004 Toyota Celica GT
SD Syndicate
2004 Toyota Celica GT
Okay, so I needed 5 ppl to start the club. I have 3 right now and I need two more. They have to be a Cal State San Marcos student. I'm trying to get this word of mouth thing going, but it takes time to get around.

Right now its just paperwork to fill out. I found out it has to be just a car club, not just imports. Rules state that organization must be open to all students, irregardless (unless state law prohibits it).

Anybody else have any ideas? confused Thoughts. Feelings. Concerns. Anything?

[Linked Image]
2004 Toyota Celica GT

SD Syndicate
2004 Toyota Celica GT
SD Syndicate
2004 Toyota Celica GT
ttt, I need more input.

[Linked Image]
2004 Toyota Celica GT

dikitzaps
1974 Toyota Celica
dikitzaps
1974 Toyota Celica
i'd join if i went to CSUSM... but... i dont...

and i dont know anyone that goes there either... idunno

SD Syndicate
2004 Toyota Celica GT
SD Syndicate
2004 Toyota Celica GT
^^^You know me. Sorta. Ok, not really, but you could still join! thumbsup grin

[Linked Image]
2004 Toyota Celica GT