New Reply
Print Thread
Waz
Waz Sep 26, 4:17pm - #284842 
2001 Red Toyota Celica
2001 Toyota Celica

UK
Removing parts

Anyone point me in the direction of a guide to safely removing the steering wheel (w/out airbag going off) and also how to remove the rear quater panels, C-pillars and the panels that house the passanger and drivers seatbelts?

Thanks,

Waz
Zero
Furi Kuri
Zero Sep 26, 7:02pm - #284843 

Furi Kuri
2002 Toyota Celica GT

San Diego, CA
i dont know much, but i do know this:
Disconnect your battery first.

I've mastered the art of the After Image Technique.
narcolepsy123456
narcolepsy123456 Sep 26, 7:58pm - #284844 

00 Toyota Celica GT

nc, usa
in order to take out the rear interior quarter panels, you have to start taking all the other stuff out from the inside of the back starting with the piece at the very back of the hatch working your way around. all they have are push clips on the inside, but they're set up in such a way that you have to take out one before the other so you wouldn't be able to see the points of attachment. same thing with the c pillars, but you will have to take the top bolt of the seatbelt out of the frame to release that part, i think it's either a 14 or 15mm bolt. it's all relatively easy for those parts, just time consuming. as for the airbag, you've got me there, i dunno, if you remove the cables for the battery it should disable it so that it will not deploy.