Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread

[Mad] I got the wiring instructions from new celica.org. They are also listed the same on this web site. Well I hooked it up, and started the car and it shuts down the second it trys to run. Now apexi, has instructions on there web site which differ from the ones on here they have no yellow, white, or blue wires hooked up on theres and also have a injector signal wire, and a speed wire which i dont know what colors these wires are, and nobody at that place will answer the phone so i can talk to them. So basically im dead in the water until soemone can help me. Oh yeah and the ground on there diagram <brown and black> is also one spot over to the left than the one on new celica. org HELP ME PLEASE!!!!

ECelica Admin
2001 Toyota Celica GT
ECelica Admin
2001 Toyota Celica GT
are you talking about these?
http://www.ecelica.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=17;t=000015

or these...
http://www.ecelica.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=17;t=000020

FOR 2000 CELICA GTS ONLY (not 2001, not 2002, not 2003... and NOT NOT FOR GT

btw, are you an authorized A'PEX Power H-37Excel Installer or just an indipendent individual? because the paperwork AND the website description listed clear states...

Due to the complexity of this product, A'PEX recommends having the S-AFC and other A'PEX electronics installed and tuned by authorized A'PEX Power H-37Excel Shops.
https://celicahobby.com/cgi-bin/store/commerce.cgi?pid=57&ppi=PID

[ 02-17-2003, 12:37 PM: Message edited by: isaac ]

[Linked Image]
It's not just your imagination...
Your day really does go by twice as fast while on EverythingCelica.com

This was installed by a professional and myself. Well knowing on what we are doing. Following the instructions <not the settings, which is the second website post you have down there> so go ahead and check apexi's web site for there instructions they differ from the one that new celica posted. And yes its for a 00, im not some rookie here bud.

well i got ahold of apexi, and discussed with them what was going on and they said that the blue wire was optional, and that the wire between the yellow and the white had to be cut. So i did all that and everything is fine now and putting in my settings, so im back on the road again thumbsup

so how is the AFC working anyways? notice much of an improvement?

GT300 body kit on, getting fitted, doing install myself.
pics comin as soon as my kit is here and painted...

This thing is awesome, im still dialing it in but i noticed some better pickup and response from it definately worth it!!!!!!!!! thumbsup

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
hate to say it the ECU will revert to stock settings after a few runs if you are naturally aspirated because its rpm based and only have 2 loads (high and low). After like a few runs that S-AFC is just a light show... If you do not believe me dyno your car before the settings, then tune it after a few month dyno the car with the settings not touched you will see it revert to stock. I hoped that it would work for my turbo setup but it did not and keep leaning out on me proven by 30+ dyno runs keeps adjust to go back to stock numbers, so I had to go with a better setup from www.splitsec.com [splitsec.com] FTC1-E unit.

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
BTW 00' ECU wiring instruction is same as 01' ECU wiring and same as 02 wiring, only different one is the 03 they have 1 extra socket.

ECelica Admin
2001 Toyota Celica GT
ECelica Admin
2001 Toyota Celica GT
Originally posted by Mike Lu:
BTW 00' ECU wiring instruction is same as 01' ECU wiring and same as 02 wiring, only different one is the 03 they have 1 extra socket.
Thanks Mike! thumbsup thumbsup grin

[Linked Image]
It's not just your imagination...
Your day really does go by twice as fast while on EverythingCelica.com

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
no problem, I know this because I am messing around with ECU stuff right now for my celica and the shops that specialize in this already done tons of celicas. I saw the difference first hand when they showed me the 03 celica ECU.