Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 912
iggy
Senior Member
iggy Sep 21, 9:33pm - #281056 
2004 Spectra Blue Toyota Celica
Senior Member
2004 Toyota Celica

Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 912
PA, United States
Staggered Rims, HELP > LOOK

Ok, anyone have pics of a Spec Blue or any TRD Celica with these rims on it? Axis Supermesh Staggered Package Fronts 19x8.5 & Backs 19x9.5 with Fronts 235/35/19 & Backs 265/30/19 Toyo T1S tires or Nitto NT555's. Is there anything that must be moded, other than a simple spacer on the backs?

Also anyone know of the handling with these rims. I here stories that staggered wheels can cause the backend to be loose. Please post any comments or alternatives / ideas you may have.

Where is a good place to get them?
1870242958-9814.jpg

[Linked Image]
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 188
lee43
Member
lee43 Sep 21, 10:22pm - #281057 

Member

Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 188
CA
I dont think you need Spacers.
Joined: Feb 2003
Posts: 267
imp
Member
imp Sep 21, 11:19pm - #281058 
Member
1990 Ford Ranger

Joined: Feb 2003
Posts: 267
st. joseph, mo
Why do you want staggered rims?

In parkour, no one is afraid. One is just...apprehensive.
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 168
TRDAzNCeli
Member
TRDAzNCeli Sep 22, 3:30am - #281059 

Member
2000 Toyota Celica

Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 168
FL
looks tight though
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 912
iggy
Senior Member
iggy Sep 22, 4:13am - #281060 
2004 Spectra Blue Toyota Celica
Senior Member
2004 Toyota Celica

Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 912
PA, United States
Originally Posted by lee43
I dont think you need Spacers.


Called a few ppl, they say you need Spacers for the backs.

[Linked Image]
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 912
iggy
Senior Member
iggy Sep 22, 4:14am - #281061 
2004 Spectra Blue Toyota Celica
Senior Member
2004 Toyota Celica

Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 912
PA, United States
Originally Posted by imp
Why do you want staggered rims?


I like the old school look, had that on some of my old muscle cars, maybe it will come back. I just love the look I guess. cool

[Linked Image]
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 785
celicat23
Senior Member
celicat23 Sep 22, 4:33am - #281062 

Senior Member
2000 Toyota Celica

Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 785
norway
Originally Posted by iggy
Ok, anyone have pics of a Spec Blue or any TRD Celica with these rims on it? Axis Supermesh Staggered Package Fronts 19x8.5 & Backs 19x9.5 with Fronts 235/35/19 & Backs 265/30/19 Toyo T1S tires or Nitto NT555's. Is there anything that must be moded, other than a simple spacer on the backs?

Also anyone know of the handling with these rims. I here stories that staggered wheels can cause the backend to be loose. Please post any comments or alternatives / ideas you may have.

Where is a good place to get them?


WOW. *NICE* celica. Rims look SWEEEEET. I see now I need new rims! smile
Joined: Jun 2002
Posts: 820
GOLDCELICA
Senior Member
GOLDCELICA Sep 22, 4:42am - #281063 

Senior Member

Joined: Jun 2002
Posts: 820
San Diego
That's my teamates car when it use to be blue she has a full bodypaint job now which is purple. You should ask her they are pro's with those rims. It shouldn't get loose unless you install them wrong. We drove from vegas to cali with no problems. You can go custom offset if the manufacture you go through offers that or get the offset that's already made for the Celica. Deep dish is the way to roll thumbsup

Originate, Innovate, Never Imitate. Since 2000-04.
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 912
iggy
Senior Member
iggy Sep 22, 4:58am - #281064 
2004 Spectra Blue Toyota Celica
Senior Member
2004 Toyota Celica

Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 912
PA, United States
Originally Posted by GOLDCELICA
That's my teamates car when it use to be blue she has a full bodypaint job now which is purple. You should ask her they are pro's with those rims. It shouldn't get loose unless you install them wrong. We drove from vegas to cali with no problems. You can go custom offset if the manufacture you go through offers that or get the offset that's already made for the Celica. Deep dish is the way to roll thumbsup


Yeah I have PM'd Kathy after I posted this, just checking around it's great to have more than 1 opinion. I called a few shops today and they recommend against them, they say they are not good to drive on. I'm like OK hmm, so I go here and the get the real answers. thumbsup

Maybe it's because of PA has a lot of rain and snow, not sure. Thanks for the info, love your Celica, nice ride. oh and nice ladies to go with tasty. I'm looking for a few lady mods myself, live warm mods are always better. grin

[Linked Image]
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 315
qt1ncelica
Member
qt1ncelica Sep 22, 5:06am - #281065 

Member
2002 Toyota Celica GT

Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 315
Whittier, Ca
well you do need a 3 mil spacer in the rear and if you want any axis wheels my boyfriend gets them hell of cheap and i've driven my car everywhere with no problems so let me know if you want them.
1870243984-celica 1.jpg
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 912
iggy
Senior Member
iggy Sep 22, 5:08am - #281066 
2004 Spectra Blue Toyota Celica
Senior Member
2004 Toyota Celica

Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 912
PA, United States
Originally Posted by qt1ncelica
well you do need a 3 mil spacer in the rear and if you want any axis wheels my boyfriend gets them hell of cheap and i've driven my car everywhere with no problems so let me know if you want them.


wow that was quick, you found this really quick Gold must have told ya thumbsup thumbsup

[Linked Image]
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 912
iggy
Senior Member
iggy Sep 22, 5:09am - #281067 
2004 Spectra Blue Toyota Celica
Senior Member
2004 Toyota Celica

Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 912
PA, United States
BTW: You have PM's grin

[Linked Image]
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 315
qt1ncelica
Member
qt1ncelica Sep 22, 5:11am - #281068 

Member
2002 Toyota Celica GT

Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 315
Whittier, Ca
Originally Posted by qt1ncelica
well you do need a 3 mil spacer in the rear and if you want any axis wheels my boyfriend gets them hell of cheap and i've driven my car everywhere with no problems so let me know if you want them.
btw my wheels are for sale
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 912
iggy
Senior Member
iggy Sep 22, 5:12am - #281069 
2004 Spectra Blue Toyota Celica
Senior Member
2004 Toyota Celica

Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 912
PA, United States
hmm, this I know already, you have pm looky wink

[Linked Image]
Joined: Mar 2003
Posts: 1,304
My Sixth Gear
Specialist
My Sixth Gear Sep 22, 5:17am - #281070 
2003 Spectra Blue Mica Toyota Celica
Specialist
2003 Toyota Celica

Joined: Mar 2003
Posts: 1,304
Chicago, Illinois
that car is intense shocked shocked

If you want peace... Prepare for War
Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 4,278
Virgilson
TheFilipinoCrew
Virgilson Sep 22, 6:35am - #281071 

TheFilipinoCrew
2000 Toyota Celica GT

Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 4,278
Pomona, CA
Originally Posted by qt1ncelica
well you do need a 3 mil spacer in the rear and if you want any axis wheels my boyfriend gets them hell of cheap and i've driven my car everywhere with no problems so let me know if you want them.



gosh i love your car... wink wink wink
Join the conversation - Register now or Sign in to add your comment


Moderated by  isaac 

Customize Your Toyota CelicaPrivacy Policy · About · Contact
CelicaHobby.com is an independent Toyota Celica enthusiast website. CelicaHobby.com is not sponsored by or affiliated with Toyota Motor Sales, USA, Inc. in any way. The Toyota and Celica names and logos are trademarks owned by Toyota Motor Sales, USA, Inc.
© CelicaHobby.com, 2001-2016