Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Joined: Feb 2003
Posts: 271
dea7hr0w
Member
dea7hr0w Sep 13, 10:24pm - #274153 
Member

Joined: Feb 2003
Posts: 271
sunvisor 7" lcd monitor with tv screen

i just order my sun visor screens and i was wonder has anyone had problems installing the visors into the car and the process or doing it?
Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 1,292
CaLiGTS
Phantom
CaLiGTS Sep 13, 10:28pm - #274154 

Phantom
2001 Toyota Celica

Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 1,292
Bay Area, NorCal
7" eek

Thats larger than my indash eek

[Linked Image]
Ask yourself one question. Is the juice worth the squeeze?
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 541
DSGB4LYF23
Senior Member
DSGB4LYF23 Sep 13, 10:29pm - #274155 

Senior Member
2000 Toyota Celica GT

Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 541
Tulsa, OK
eekSame here eek
Joined: Nov 2002
Posts: 489
CRBN BLU
Senior Member
CRBN BLU Sep 13, 11:04pm - #274156 

Senior Member
2002 Toyota Celica GT

Joined: Nov 2002
Posts: 489
Hampton, VA
Why would you need those? It might be better just to have saved up for an in dash flip out unit, or a monitor with JDM center console. My two cents.

[Linked Image]
"Everything that has a beginning, has an end."
-The Oracle
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 380
Shiftyz1x
Member
Shiftyz1x Sep 14, 12:08am - #274157 

Member
2003 Toyota Celica GT

Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 380
WV, USA
man thats gonna b awesome thumbsup thumbsup just ordered a 5.8 and those 7's will b awesome where did you get em thumbsup
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 1,276
DJ_Curtiz
Specialist
DJ_Curtiz Sep 14, 1:25am - #274158 
2001 Liquid Silver Toyota Celica GT
Specialist
2001 Toyota Celica GT

Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 1,276
Orange County, CA
thumbsup

DJ CURTIZ - taking over the world one record at a time
Live life on the edge, otherwise you take up too much space.
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 128
mister_tin
Member
mister_tin Sep 14, 1:48am - #274159 
Member
2001 Toyota Celica GT

Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 128
Washington
be sure to post PICS!!!
Joined: Feb 2003
Posts: 271
dea7hr0w
Member
dea7hr0w Sep 14, 4:59pm - #274160 
Member

Joined: Feb 2003
Posts: 271
oh i already have a 7" lcd monitor i have the alpine iva d900
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 795
TimO
The O
TimO Sep 14, 6:55pm - #274161 

The O
2005 Scion TC

Joined: May 2004
Posts: 795
Hunterdon County, NJ
Originally Posted by CRBN BLU
Why would you need those? It might be better just to have saved up for an in dash flip out unit, or a monitor with JDM center console. My two cents.



Probably a theft issue. I thought about doing that... but then i was like nah fuck it... i live in the country what the hell is a cow gunna do with a 6.5" monitor spineyes
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 56
Vital
Member
Vital Sep 14, 7:33pm - #274162 

Member
2002 Toyota Celica GT

Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 56
Ontario, Canada
I had no problems to speak of. I replaced the Mirror with a super slim 5.6". Fit almost perfectly. Below is pic of passenger's side.

However for the sake of easy install... the pre-done visors are right on grin
1870229903-screen.jpg
Joined: Feb 2003
Posts: 271
dea7hr0w
Member
dea7hr0w Sep 15, 5:33am - #274163 
Member

Joined: Feb 2003
Posts: 271
is it just simply runnign wires ? when im done with my project i will post the pictures... well i bought 7" lcd monitors that already built into the visor, i didnt need to cut anything
Joined: Feb 2003
Posts: 271
dea7hr0w
Member
dea7hr0w Sep 16, 5:12pm - #274164 
Member

Joined: Feb 2003
Posts: 271
cuz i only got the visors for only 500 bucks... the cost of a jdm console(120), which i already had but sold...then you have to pay to paint it..(80) then the monitor which is 300 bucks... for a lil more i can get a 2 7" lcd monitor visors and call it a day grin
Joined: Jun 2002
Posts: 820
GOLDCELICA
Senior Member
GOLDCELICA Sep 17, 8:41am - #274165 

Senior Member

Joined: Jun 2002
Posts: 820
San Diego
I have 6'' monitors install is simple. I'd be worried about anything bigger if the 7'' is a widescreen is should fit great and if the assembly is the same size.

Originate, Innovate, Never Imitate. Since 2000-04.
Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 678
celicatalbot
Senior Member
celicatalbot Sep 17, 6:54pm - #274166 
2003 Absolutely Red Toyota Celica GT
Senior Member
2003 Toyota Celica GT

Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 678
New York
7" wont fit. I got 5.8 and they take up most of the room.

My car might be slow, but at least it looks nice!
Joined: Feb 2003
Posts: 271
dea7hr0w
Member
dea7hr0w Sep 18, 8:52am - #274167 
Member

Joined: Feb 2003
Posts: 271
no no no no... its a replacement visor monitor... so thus i get a new visor... its nto a custom job one where i have to cut it out and stuff... its all prewired and assembled all i ahve to to is connect it and bolt it on... supposenly...
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 500
falkkor
Senior Member
falkkor Sep 18, 10:21am - #274168 

Senior Member
2000 Toyota Celica

Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 500
Lompoc, CA (805)
Originally Posted by dea7hr0w
no no no no... its a replacement visor monitor... so thus i get a new visor... its nto a custom job one where i have to cut it out and stuff... its all prewired and assembled all i ahve to to is connect it and bolt it on... supposenly...


Would you be so kind as to post a link for those Premade Visors? smile thumbsup
Joined: Jun 2002
Posts: 820
GOLDCELICA
Senior Member
GOLDCELICA Sep 19, 7:16am - #274169 

Senior Member

Joined: Jun 2002
Posts: 820
San Diego
Sorry but since you asked about problems. I recommend anything between 4-6 widescreen. I have 6 sun visors with the TVs built in the full assembly they replace the stock assembly completely. Word of advice anything bigger or you'll only have half of your windshield visible or maybe even less. Not practical when the sun is glaring in your eyes since the visor will extend so low you will loose visibility.

The 7'' will have to be perfect size as the stock visor or just about perfect it will not fit properly. When I say this Im talking about the dimensions. So just remember the dimensions are very important if you plan on getting full replacements Im not saying 7'' inch can't be done it's going to be a hard install if their not made for the dimensions you need.

Some Bad sides you may run into.
On some full replacement monitors if you don't get the right dimension specs. Their can be interference with the headliner. Take a look at the top of the headliner. The stock visors are shaped a particular way with a curve at each end, they are very thin, and light weight so when you close them they close flush. The bad side with some full assembly monitors, the headliner has a curved hump design on the inner portion near the snapping plastic sway clips.

1. The sway clips will need to be replaced or modified most of the time to fit the new TV sun visor since their will be extra weight.

2. Make sure you buy the right size sun visor. I recommend a universal sun visor that has an extending arm so you can adjust it to the size needed so it won't be to long/short in length. Also get something with a metal mounting bracket where the video harness will be held in place since some sun visors use plastic mounting brackets. These tend to snap/break easily.

3. Shape and thickness - get a monitor that will fit in the area without loosing your visibility of the windshield just incase the sun were to hit, your safety.

4. Compare the stock visor with the new visor if you think it will fit go for it. Weight is also important if they are heavy they will sag.

Remember... dimensions thickness, length, width, and the "hump" in the headliner or you'll run into problems closing the visor shut flush.

Good Luck don't let the bad side ruin a great project. Theirs always ways to go around it thumbsup

Originate, Innovate, Never Imitate. Since 2000-04.
Joined: Feb 2003
Posts: 271
dea7hr0w
Member
dea7hr0w Sep 20, 4:07pm - #274170 
Member

Joined: Feb 2003
Posts: 271
wave thumbsup thanks something to think about when i recieve my package... =)


Originally Posted by GOLDCELICA
Sorry but since you asked about problems. I recommend anything between 4-6 widescreen. I have 6 sun visors with the TVs built in the full assembly they replace the stock assembly completely. Word of advice anything bigger or you'll only have half of your windshield visible or maybe even less. Not practical when the sun is glaring in your eyes since the visor will extend so low you will loose visibility.

The 7'' will have to be perfect size as the stock visor or just about perfect it will not fit properly. When I say this Im talking about the dimensions. So just remember the dimensions are very important if you plan on getting full replacements Im not saying 7'' inch can't be done it's going to be a hard install if their not made for the dimensions you need.

Some Bad sides you may run into.
On some full replacement monitors if you don't get the right dimension specs. Their can be interference with the headliner. Take a look at the top of the headliner. The stock visors are shaped a particular way with a curve at each end, they are very thin, and light weight so when you close them they close flush. The bad side with some full assembly monitors, the headliner has a curved hump design on the inner portion near the snapping plastic sway clips.

1. The sway clips will need to be replaced or modified most of the time to fit the new TV sun visor since their will be extra weight.

2. Make sure you buy the right size sun visor. I recommend a universal sun visor that has an extending arm so you can adjust it to the size needed so it won't be to long/short in length. Also get something with a metal mounting bracket where the video harness will be held in place since some sun visors use plastic mounting brackets. These tend to snap/break easily.

3. Shape and thickness - get a monitor that will fit in the area without loosing your visibility of the windshield just incase the sun were to hit, your safety.

4. Compare the stock visor with the new visor if you think it will fit go for it. Weight is also important if they are heavy they will sag.

Remember... dimensions thickness, length, width, and the "hump" in the headliner or you'll run into problems closing the visor shut flush.

Good Luck don't let the bad side ruin a great project. Theirs always ways to go around it thumbsup
wave thumbsup
Join the conversation - Register now or Sign in to add your comment


Moderated by  isaac 

Customize Your Toyota CelicaPrivacy Policy · About · Contact
CelicaHobby.com is an independent Toyota Celica enthusiast website. CelicaHobby.com is not sponsored by or affiliated with Toyota Motor Sales, USA, Inc. in any way. The Toyota and Celica names and logos are trademarks owned by Toyota Motor Sales, USA, Inc.
© CelicaHobby.com, 2001-2016