Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread

pizza bagel
2000 Toyota Celica GT
pizza bagel
2000 Toyota Celica GT
Over the weekend I tried getting my A/C controls to glow blue ala Blue Lucifer's [clubcelica.com] method. Well i forgot to shield the soldering i did and when i took a turn the wires crossed and shorted. Now the neon is dead and my a/c lights and radio backlights won't turn on! I talked so a few ppl and they said a fuse probably blew, but i can't find the right one! Does anyone know what fuse it may be or if it's a different prob all together? I checked the manual and it was no real help.

A boat's a boat but a mystery box could be anything! Even a boat!

pizza bagel
2000 Toyota Celica GT
pizza bagel
2000 Toyota Celica GT
Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

ECelica Staff
2002 Toyota Celica GT
ECelica Staff
2002 Toyota Celica GT
when you take out the panel for the fuse, the panel has a diagram of the fuses...

[Linked Image]

pizza bagel
2000 Toyota Celica GT
pizza bagel
2000 Toyota Celica GT
Yeah, i know that, but i can't figure out which one it is, i checked all the 7.5 volt fuses and the two or three that said "a/c" or "radio" on them

ECelica Staff
2002 Toyota Celica GT
ECelica Staff
2002 Toyota Celica GT
Originally Posted by Maxx
Yeah, i know that, but i can't figure out which one it is, i checked all the 7.5 volt fuses and the two or three that said "a/c" or "radio" on them

no blown fuses then?

Last edited by Street Prototype; Jul 14, 2003 7:22pm.

[Linked Image]

pizza bagel
2000 Toyota Celica GT
pizza bagel
2000 Toyota Celica GT
doesn't look like it... so i have no idea what the prob is

05 WRB
2005 Subaru WRX STi
05 WRB
2005 Subaru WRX STi
you pulled the fuses out and looked at them to make sure they weren't blown?

SUBARU TECNICA INTERNATIONAL

pizza bagel
2000 Toyota Celica GT
pizza bagel
2000 Toyota Celica GT
some of them, should i be lookin at all of them confused

05 WRB
2005 Subaru WRX STi
05 WRB
2005 Subaru WRX STi
some of them, should i be lookin at all of them confused

well just the ones that have to deal with whatever is out.

pizza bagel
2000 Toyota Celica GT
pizza bagel
2000 Toyota Celica GT
yeah, took them out, checked them, nothing wrong... what else could be the prob?

05 WRB
2005 Subaru WRX STi
05 WRB
2005 Subaru WRX STi
maybe you shorted the circuit board?

pizza bagel
2000 Toyota Celica GT
pizza bagel
2000 Toyota Celica GT
if i shorted the circuit boards wouldn't the climate control or the radio not work at all? everything but the lights work.

naw the climate control is controlled by a steel cable it the audio ligths and the center console lights on the board have probably gotten fried you may need to change all the bulbs inside the deck and the bulbs on the center console control area. this problem happened to one of my friends he's is still looking for a new board. both the center console and stereo lights all came out as well as cigarette lighter.

Originate, Innovate, Never Imitate. Since 2000-04.

pizza bagel
2000 Toyota Celica GT
pizza bagel
2000 Toyota Celica GT
so should i try (once i find the money):
a) replacing all the bulbs and leds
b) finding a new board

05 WRB
2005 Subaru WRX STi
05 WRB
2005 Subaru WRX STi
if i shorted the circuit boards wouldn't the climate control or the radio not work at all? everything but the lights work.

because you were messing with the lights...you would have shorted something that deals with them...since they are probably all connected on the board.

pizza bagel
2000 Toyota Celica GT
pizza bagel
2000 Toyota Celica GT
well i checked the voltage of the wires and got pretty much nothing, so it's more likely the board than blown lights. unless the board is dead and blown lights, that would suck even more! anyways, gold do you know the part # or nething like that so i can try to find a new board?

well i checked the voltage of the wires and got pretty much nothing, so it's more likely the board than blown lights. unless the board is dead and blown lights, that would suck even more! anyways, gold do you know the part # or nething like that so i can try to find a new board?

I found this in the toyota celica catalog of oem parts ask the dealer for this part # just to make sure it's the correct # since the catalog didn't give a picture of the part or go to the dealer parts dept. so they can so you the exact picture on the computer monitor so you have an exact visual to point out. Good luck hope this is the part you're looking for.

Interior Electrical - Instrument Panel - AIR CONDITIONING & HEATER CONTROL
Manual A/C Control, Heater 5591020690 $133.75
Auto A/C Control, Heater 5591020720 $133.75 hope this is the one. (This may be just the plastic panel or the whole unit make sure since Toyota overprices on electrical components.)

Last edited by GOLDCELICA; Jul 25, 2003 11:42pm.

https://celicahobby.com/ubbthreads/...ew=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1

Here's what I posted awhile ago if you forget to click the link.
Go to the junk yard get a bulb connector socket cut it off so you have the wire leads. Get a connector socket such as the ones for the side marker and cluster signals bulbs. Polarg 194/168 (M4) Hyper White Wedge (pair) those are in the EC.com store they don't cost to much. These tend to last just as long as your dome light bulbs. You can also get anything that would be compatible to fit the area where you need lighting for so you can easily fit it in the area without cutting, drilling, dremeling out. The most you may have to do is dremel out an area if your bulb connector is extremely huge. I'd reccomend you buy something that has inexpensive bulbs that any auto supply store would carry.
Find a good socket size so you can tap into the area's that needs lighting.

You don't need a new board for the most part just make sure it is funcational if the lighting is the problem here's what you do.

1. Use this new bulb connector socket. With Pos.(red) & Neg.(black) connections so you don't accidently pop the bulbs when wiring them up.
2. Get a long wire to run through the fire wall.
3. With the wires now inside the cabin run them behind your damaged board.
4. Find an area where you can place the bulbs in the board and mounted where it lights up the most you can use mulitple connector sockets to tap areas that need more lighting.
5. The cig. ring lighter, a.c. & defroster buttom take apart find a place to luminate area you may have to run another bulb or a simple soldered l.e.d. connection their as well radioshack sells some l.e.d's already soldered for you with the pos./neg. wire lead look around trust me you'll find something even a computer l.e.d.'s have wires as well. You can check their too just for more sources.

6. Last you want it to dimm with the rest of the lighting so having it connected to your low beams you will be able to control it from the dimmer area unless you want an external dimmer. Unless you plan on a steady power feed you can tap it into your factory dimmer as well. If your not to good with electrical just stick with the low beams for now.

This should help you get sort of the idea hope you can work with it. For #5 If you can't light up these areas and you find it a struggle but you have fix the power to light up some of it more power to you and I would call it a job well done. But if you do have patience and light up the rest of it without the board then I call it an EXCELLENT JOB WELL DONE!

One one more thing the A/C control unit board should be sold by Toyota as a whole unit. The unit only has 2 connector plugs in the back one is small and the other is larger in size both are the color white. These connectors power the whole A/C & Heater controll unit.

You may be seeing the unit from the top view I have to ask you first when you say "looks like the board is connected to the system via this 8 or 9 pin white band of wires that is soldered to the board." When you ask this question have you already taken apart the whole unit or just the circuit board?

The connector does have a band of wires that's white in color you can see this from the top view but it also has a removable connector at the end that it's inserted to the back of the unit for easy installation just like the speedometer cluster one of Toyota's easy access wiring techniques. All you do is plug the two connectors into the back of the A/C unit. Ask the dealer if the $60.00 is the whole unit I think it should be the amount of the whole unit with board. It's just plain rediculous that Toyota would sell that circuit board separately not very practical. I'll try to post up some pics of what it looks like later I've done it quite some times when I took apart the whole dash and messed around with it here and their it's a very simple process. thumbsup

Last edited by GOLDCELICA; Jul 25, 2003 11:38pm.

2000 Toyota Celica
2000 Toyota Celica
So is this related to the circuit board? I'm currently having the same problem. My radio button and cig light won't light up but my A/C and temp button would still light up. My radio screen still light up though but when the headlights is on, it shut off.

R.I.P Jennifer Woest