Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread

2002 Toyota Celica GT
2002 Toyota Celica GT
hi i'm new and i just got my aem intake and the bypass valve for my 2002 celica. i've read all the posts regarding how it's not necessary to put that on but i still wanna put that on to be on the safe side. so i was wondering if someone can tell me and perhaps even better show me in a picture where to install the bypass valve on the intake. plz, i'm desperate, as i don't want to drive w/o the bypass valve on. thnx, and greatly appreciated.

new and proud member of g7 celica,
slik_gts

ECelica Admin
2001 Toyota Celica GT
ECelica Admin
2001 Toyota Celica GT
92038-screen.jpg

2002 Toyota Celica GT
2002 Toyota Celica GT
isaac thnx for the quick reply but that's not what i needed. i wanna c an actual pic of the bypass valve installed on the the intake in a celica. so i know where to cut the intake pipe at. what you sent me i already had, because that came w/ the bypass valve. so if you or N E ONE ELSE CAN HELP ME OUT W? THIS IT'LL BE GREAT! thnx, man!

Slik

2000 Toyota Celica
2000 Toyota Celica
slik i'm in the same position need pics to figure out where to put it casue the instructions contradics itself...but once i get all the bugs out of my new engine i'll post pics casue i'm gonna get fed up with it and just gonna install the bypass valve casue i don't wanna hydrolock my engine again
no fun
its hard to believe no one has ever installed one of these!

-currier

ECelica Admin
2001 Toyota Celica GT
ECelica Admin
2001 Toyota Celica GT
eCelica Store sells these atleast one a week during the summer and back January through March, it seemed like atleast one a day... come-on people, someone has gotta have pics of this installed! confused

[Linked Image]
It's not just your imagination...
Your day really does go by twice as fast while on EverythingCelica.com

2002 Toyota Celica GT
2002 Toyota Celica GT
yea, someone has to have the pics for this. c'mmon who ever has the pics better post them up because the only place i think it can go is on the straight part of the pipe right before the filter and that part of the intake is at a lower level than the filter so how is that going to help? it's not!! so there has to be another spot to put the bypass valve. i have a generation 2 aem cai intake and i know that you can use the bypass valve w/ these intakes for celicas. i just am not at a good financial position where i can take the risk of hydrolocking. the only other place i can think of putting the bypass valve is right after the Mass Airflow Sesor because on the my g2 intake the MAFS is like 2 inches away from the throtle body. so you can install it right after the mass airflow sensor and there should be enough clearance around the b.v. but you all know that there are 2 hoses that connect to the intake tube right about in the mid section of the intake tube. so if you were to put it up close to the MAFS then those hoses might ingest water and they might somehow damage the engine. so if n e one thinks that the hoses sucking in water won't damage the engine lemme know, but give me a valid and legit explanation. AND PLZ< SOME ONE POST SOME PICS OF THE POSITION OF THE BYPASS VALVE ON THE INTAKE. I"M DESPERATE. thnx, guys!!

slik_gts