Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
whatever you wanna call it, i have a question, since its technically a japanese product, while attempting to install, the bodyshop my car is at now couldnthack it, theydont really do body kits there, thats why im gonna have it done elsewhere, BUT, it looks like the only way to install it is by removing the front bracing, i was wondering if this was so, and if so, how safe or unsafe is it? like will i die next front end accident im in if i take it off? is there another way to modify it so both will fit and live in peace and harmony? let me know plz
emerson

ECelica Admin
2001 Toyota Celica GT
ECelica Admin
2001 Toyota Celica GT
tell the body shop to NOT install the foam when they install your new front bumper.

That foam isnt friendly with ANY aftermarkt front bumpers...

but whatever you do - DO NOT throw that foam away... Toyota charges $80 for it. Store the foam with where you are going to store your stock front bumper.

[Linked Image]
It's not just your imagination...
Your day really does go by twice as fast while on EverythingCelica.com

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
even without the styrafoam, it still dont fit right, it looks like the front bracing needs to b removed totally in orderr for it to fit, same with ur front, blitz, did you remover the bracing or just the styrafoam, a guy i talked to at a body shop said that japan doesnt have saftey requirments like the us so some parts, like the bracing, make some j-spec stuff not fit right with as stock us celica

ECelica Staff
2000 Toyota Celica GT
ECelica Staff
2000 Toyota Celica GT
Do Not take the metal brace off. No bumper is worth your personal safety. I put the Octane on Isaac's car without the foam and it went on OK. If your Octane bumper is totally jacked, then you need to return it. BTW, Isaac's blitz went on fine.

[Linked Image]
Really BAD reality TV is the reason I stopped watching MTV.

ECelica Admin
2001 Toyota Celica GT
ECelica Admin
2001 Toyota Celica GT
[Linked Image]
LEFT RED: R2, LEFT WHITE: Octane, RIGHT RED: Stock

The crash bar is not only for safety, but your foglights and horn are also attached to it... and in my case, my neon lighting is zip-tied to it.

[Linked Image]
in this photo, you can CLEARLY see the brace is still entacted and the Octane front is installed...

More photos at...
https://celicahobby.com/gal3/view_album.php?set_albumName=kit_octine

[ 07-16-2002, 01:39 PM: Message edited by: isaac ]

[Linked Image]
It's not just your imagination...
Your day really does go by twice as fast while on EverythingCelica.com

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
thanx a lot for the advice, i talked to a friend who does this type of stuff a lot and he said that i could modify the brace slightly to where it wouldnt b in the way, which seems logical, also, i need to take it to a shop that does this sort of stuff, the place that my car's at doenst do body kits, its only there for mechanical damage from an accident, hopefully itll get to the body shop by friday, i pray every second of every waking moment, i miss my baby, but she'll kick a lot of ass when im done with her, again thanx a bunch
emerson

hey capt!! i got the octane too, and it wouldn't fit on w/ the support brace. i actually took off the metal brace and put the bumper and and crashed my car. that's y there was 6 grand in damage!! do not remove that metal brace. wat i did afterwards though was i sanded down the bumper so that it would fit over the metal brace w/o having to remove any support pieces. it's really easy to do and i did it at my friend's house in west covina, where you live! haha..latez

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
slick shit, a local celica, rock on, ya thought aboot it and i didnt wanna risk my car that way, i also heard i cold mdify the brace, but i thin the bumper would b easier to sand, my car's at the shop right now, and i plan on stoping by on monday, so ill talk to the guy whose working on my car then aboot how he intends to do it, hopefully he doesnt like tak off the brace and say, o well its aleady done or something, i hopefuly get my car back tues, weds at the latest, so ill post an update of what we do and let ya'll know, late
emerson