Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread

#26558 Jul 10, 12:25pm
2000 Toyota Celica GT
2000 Toyota Celica GT
a friend of mine is willing to sell me his 64 shot NO2 kit for $350. should i go for it?

Poopy head
2004 Kia Sorento EX AWD (demo
Poopy head
what type of nitrous system is it? And what is included?

ECelica Staff
2001 Toyota Celica
ECelica Staff
2001 Toyota Celica
Rice is right. We need to know a few more details. In all honesty, I would be scared with anything over 50. 64 isn't as bad as 75, so I think its still alright. But personally, I think that Nx is better than NOS. If you don't want to buy an brand new system and are happy settling with this, then go for it.

Dan

2003 Toyota Celica
2003 Toyota Celica
yeah, 64 hp shot of nitrous may be unsafe for ur 1.8 liter engine..unless you modify ur innards

Dan, why do you say NX is better than NOS? im sorry, i dont know much about them

2000 Toyota Celica GT
2000 Toyota Celica GT
i'll find out before buying...oh and, it's 65 not 64 spineyes

ECelica Staff
2002 Toyota Celica GT
ECelica Staff
2002 Toyota Celica GT
Originally Posted by dondiemand
yeah, 64 hp shot of nitrous may be unsafe for ur 1.8 liter engine..unless you modify ur innards

Dan, why do you say NX is better than NOS? im sorry, i dont know much about them

NX kit made a wet system preferably for our cars thumbsup

[Linked Image]

i need nos as well . whats the cheapest for 2 ? any shops to order them? thanks smile

Poopy head
Poopy head
i need nos as well . whats the cheapest for 2 ? any shops to order them? thanks

Do you need a nitrous system or do you need the brand name NOS?

There are a few better nitrous systems for 4 cylinder imports than NOS...NX and VENOM come to mind.

And you weren't serious about getting 2, were you?

2003 Toyota Celica
2003 Toyota Celica
Originally Posted by Street Prototype
Originally Posted by dondiemand

NX kit made a wet system preferably for our cars thumbsup

thanks Street! what about NOS? i thought they have the wet system for our cars too? or is it universal? are you saying NX has a wet kit that was designed mainly for celicas? that's pretty neat thumbsup

Originally Posted by TrojanUSMC
a friend of mine is willing to sell me his 64 shot NO2 kit for $350. should i go for it?

350 that's cheap. I bought my brand new N.O.S kit 2 years ago brand new bottle not expired. Some bottles are too old to refill check those out before you buy anything used and make sure you check out all the lines etc. etc. etc. It cost me 700 bills. complete for all the electrical and came with a single fogger just change the spray amount in your fogger for a smaller shot. I bought a seperate Holly purge valve kit to take out the excess gaseous phase in the lines just to keep it safe and running clean. Basically just bleeds the n2o lines so you get a safer fuel/n2o mix. I've ran my purge through a copper tubing line that goes straight out the plastic windsheid washer guard right in the center. The copper tip is snip and bit down to fan the n2o wide outward. This snip give this awesome spray you can see like a big cloud of smoke. You can put a pressure gauge on your bottle and a bottle warmer to keep it safe and to see how much pressure is left as well as a boost gauge if you want to know how much you're boosted. I run a 50 shot wet system directed after my MAF sensor. If you connect it electronically through you throttle you can run it at W.O.T. if you want to set it up this way for safety reason on accidental discharge. Anyway if you keep it safe and don't abuse it it's pretty fun if you don't get to happy with it. I have GT when I strike 4200 3rd gears pull like a champ other then that don't get to crazy with this stuff you'll kill your motor if you make it a daily thang! Funny how you can just blow all you n.o.s. away on one switch! hah PShHhhHH. $40.00 bucks per refill. Purgin' on people is classic!

Here's a shot of my motor with the nitrous the copper tubing is the purge line:
[Linked Image from extremeautofest.com]

For a better explanation at one show. Here's a shot for y'all were the nitrous is dischargin' through purge valve in the center.
[Linked Image from clubcelica.com]

here's another angle of it in import tuner hehe it's a mini shot couple months back.
[Linked Image from clubcelica.com]

Enjoy!

Originate, Innovate, Never Imitate. Since 2000-04.

2000 Toyota Celica GT
2000 Toyota Celica GT
it was NX, but i let another one of my friends buy it. he wanted it a lot more...he'll be racing a lot more than i would have.

i was just casually interested because it was a great deal. thanks for all the input, though. i don't know enough about it to follow through with nitrous right now.