Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread

2004 Toyota Celica
2004 Toyota Celica
Hi, I have the factory installed Toyota alarm and I was wondering if anyone knows how it works. I set the alarm and then lifted my door handle...nothing... Just what does it take to make this thing go off? It seems like I need a better alarm I just thought I would check with you guys before I bought something better. What do you think is the Toyota alarm any good or would you recommend something else considering all the audio equipment I have?

Thanks

2003 Toyota Celica GT
2003 Toyota Celica GT
i got a whole new alarm. it took a lot to set off my factory alarm too.

[Linked Image]

SD Syndicate
2004 Toyota Celica GT
SD Syndicate
2004 Toyota Celica GT
If you have the power doors function, open the door with your key instead of unlocking the doors with the remote. Always sets mine off. Then again, I have an aftermarket installed by Toyota. thumbsup

[Linked Image]
2004 Toyota Celica GT
***Blue Batmobile sponsored vehicle***

2000 Toyota Celica GT
2000 Toyota Celica GT
Sancho, where in SD are you at

[Linked Image]

2000 Toyota Celica GT
2000 Toyota Celica GT
well the alarm sets off when you open any door (yes the hatch is a door) or try to unlock it from the inside (im supposing jimmying counts too) while its set. the horn honks and the lights flash basic factory stuff...so if someone wanted to steal your stuff they would first have to open the door...which would set off the alarm... unless they wanted to break the window (i dont know if that sets it off and im not gonna break my window to find out lol) get in through the open window take your stuff hand it through the window and then crawl out through the window and thats a little conspicuous LOL if you want a loud obnoxious alarm that sets off when you get near it by all means...get one and then run outside every 5 minutes when someone accidentally brushes up against your car...i know you can turn the sensitivity down on them but most people like it to go off when you look at it funny. its up to you but i think the factory is fine for all intents and purposes... unless youre going to leave it 10 blocks away from where youre going to be in a dark alley... thumbsup

PS...if you leave the window open and then lock your doors try to unlock the drivers door from the inside...it sets the alarm off but it locks the door back so you cant open it LOL cute huh

Last edited by celicagirlie; Aug 31, 2004 10:26pm.

adding to the Ecelica community since may 2003

2004 Toyota Celica
2004 Toyota Celica
Originally Posted by celicagirlie
well the alarm sets off when you open any door (yes the hatch is a door) or try to unlock it from the inside (im supposing jimmying counts too) while its set. the horn honks and the lights flash basic factory stuff...so if someone wanted to steal your stuff they would first have to open the door...which would set off the alarm... unless they wanted to break the window (i dont know if that sets it off and im not gonna break my window to find out lol) get in through the open window take your stuff hand it through the window and then crawl out through the window and thats a little conspicuous LOL if you want a loud obnoxious alarm that sets off when you get near it by all means...get one and then run outside every 5 minutes when someone accidentally brushes up against your car...i know you can turn the sensitivity down on them but most people like it to go off when you look at it funny. its up to you but i think the factory is fine for all intents and purposes... unless youre going to leave it 10 blocks away from where youre going to be in a dark alley... thumbsup

PS...if you leave the window open and then lock your doors try to unlock the drivers door from the inside...it sets the alarm off but it locks the door back so you cant open it LOL cute huh

Very true, I get your point and I agree I don't want an annoying alarm going off for any reason and I do suppose your right a door or hatch would have to be opened to steal anything. Thanks for your opinion it makes sense. So far so good thumbsup

2000 Toyota Celica GT
2000 Toyota Celica GT
well thats girl power talkin there LOL

SD Syndicate
2004 Toyota Celica GT
SD Syndicate
2004 Toyota Celica GT
Originally Posted by BigTony
Sancho, where in SD are you at?

Northen SD. La Costa area, by the Resort. Besides Josie, everyone else in SDC should be south. You live on Mira Mesa Blvd, right? Will we see you at the meet on Sunday?

[Linked Image]
2004 Toyota Celica GT
***Blue Batmobile sponsored vehicle***

2000 Toyota Celica GT
2000 Toyota Celica GT
Originally Posted by Sancho
Originally Posted by BigTony
Sancho, where in SD are you at?

Northen SD. La Costa area, by the Resort. Besides Josie, everyone else in SDC should be south. You live on Mira Mesa Blvd, right? Will we see you at the meet on Sunday?

hmm...better for pms? not about alarm question... wtf