Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread

2000 Toyota Celica
2000 Toyota Celica
sorry to involve yall with my life, but if you didn't read my other post, my parents finally let me get JUST a mufler, so i was gonna get a cat back system, but then decided to get muffler and do custom work for less moola, and get the hotchkis springs.

they both came in, and i'm going to install them both @ same time so maybe they don't notice it as much, but if they did, what would i say? should i deny it? any feedback would be apreciated...this question is also directed towards parents;)

Not just another girl's car...

ECelica Staff
ECelica Staff
unless your parents really have no idea what your cars looks like ... they are definiately going to notice a hotchkis drop ... thats the first thing my dad asked when he say my car.

I dont see why parents are so uptight about moding our cars. Mine dont care. My dad says "as long as i get my insurance money and you pay your car payment i dont care what the heck you do." Meanwhile hes installing a new chip on his truck.
I say if they notice the springs just admit it. You tend to get in less trouble that way.

[color:"red"]TRD exhaust/AEM pulley kit/Injen short ram/"happies" grounding kit/raised hood scoop/MTEC lighting package/APC Euros/fill in decals/window tint/s2000 antenna/red footwell neons...more to come[/color]

ECelica Staff
2002 Toyota Celica GT
ECelica Staff
2002 Toyota Celica GT
Originally Posted by punterjoe21
I dont see why parents are so uptight about moding our cars. Mine dont care. My dad says "as long as i get my insurance money and you pay your car payment i dont care what the heck you do." Meanwhile hes installing a new chip on his truck.
I say if they notice the springs just admit it. You tend to get in less trouble that way.

i agree thumbsup, my parents really dont care that much but if theres anything new for my car, they love to see how it looks, thumbsup

[Linked Image]

2000 Toyota Celica
2000 Toyota Celica
yea, but what if they do something drastic...they got all bitchy when i put my footwell neons in!

Not just another girl's car...

2001 Toyota Celica GT
2001 Toyota Celica GT
my mom doesn't like lowered cars and i dont think my dad would mind as long as i tell him what i'm going to do. just install them, once your springs are one they cant' really do anything about it.

ECelica Staff
2001 Toyota Celica
ECelica Staff
2001 Toyota Celica
It must not be your car. They bought it for you huh? Thats how they acted when they bought my sis a car. Luckily I never had this problem. I don't think most parents will notice it, me personally would deny it. Unless they would know, I would do it and when they asked me, I would tell them with a nice little smirk letting them know that I am proud of what I did. But thats me, I'm mishievous like that.

Kim
GOD
2002 Toyota Celica GT
GOD
2002 Toyota Celica GT
yeah, they will definitley notice a hotchkis drop so if i were you go with something less noticable or just do it and admit to it, one it's done it's done. my parents really hate when i mod my car but i do it anyways and just admit it like GTDan, i just face the music.

[Linked Image]

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
Deny everything! never ever give in just keep saying "what are you talking about" if all else fails blame it on the guys on the shop and say they must have done something. But this lie can be dangerous if they call the shop.

ct
C'mon & hit me!
2000 Toyota Celica GTS
C'mon & hit me!
2000 Toyota Celica GTS
just say "shut up mom and dad this is my car!...if i wanna lower it i'm gonna lower it!" then take off...just don't go back home...ever. rofl

depending on how much they know about cars... if they say something just bug out "oh my god. it is lower? what the fu*k" then go for a ride say you went to the shop and tell them that the dealer said the superior shocks in the celi take time to settle. this is known as the trd grin effect. toyota's patitented process on celicas... if that doesn't work go w/ what ct said

Last edited by Justice; Jul 8, 2003 12:30pm.

ECelica Staff
ECelica Staff
Originally Posted by Justice
depending on how much they know about cars... if they say something just bug out "oh my god. it is lower? what the fu*k" then go for a ride say you went to the shop and tell them that the dealer said the superior shocks in the celi take time to settle. this is known as the trd grin effect. toyota's patitented process on celicas... if that doesn't work go w/ what ct said

that's too funny Justice ... thumbsup

*bowing* wave thank you thank you ...i'm here all week wave

ct
C'mon & hit me!
2000 Toyota Celica GTS
C'mon & hit me!
2000 Toyota Celica GTS

ha,ha! that's what i was going to say...

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
I cant top that lie cry

King of the Hill
2003 Toyota Celica GT
King of the Hill
2003 Toyota Celica GT
just say when I went to the shop they said my springs were bad and they put new ones on from toyota and they need to be settled in, and oh they were free!!

05 WRB
2005 Subaru WRX STi
05 WRB
2005 Subaru WRX STi
just tell them you wanted to get them and they won't cause any harm.

SUBARU TECNICA INTERNATIONAL

ECelica Staff
2002 Toyota Celica GT
ECelica Staff
2002 Toyota Celica GT
Originally Posted by ct
just say "shut up mom and dad this is my car!...if i wanna lower it i'm gonna lower it!" then take off...just don't go back home...ever. rofl

LMAO! rofl thumbsup

[Linked Image]

2003 Toyota Celica GTS
2003 Toyota Celica GTS
Each time I mod my GTS, my parents just lock me in my room for the rest of the day...without food or dessert...and without my Hot Wheels cars... cry cry

2002 Toyota Celica GT
2002 Toyota Celica GT
hmmm i wonder what my mom and dad would say about me modding my car ?

maybe they will ground me. hmmmm

maybe they will make me get out of the military and come back live with them. hmmmmm

naw i am 32 so dont think that is gonna happen smile

10.7157 @ 131.31 on my bike

sounds like somebody is pretty good at telling white lies. i give it thumbsup thumbsup

[color:"red"]TRD exhaust/AEM pulley kit/Injen short ram/"happies" grounding kit/raised hood scoop/MTEC lighting package/APC Euros/fill in decals/window tint/s2000 antenna/red footwell neons...more to come[/color]

Originally Posted by fraugts
without my Hot Wheels cars...
Dude, that's harsh... wtf

King of the Hill
2003 Toyota Celica GT
King of the Hill
2003 Toyota Celica GT
Originally Posted by KDawg
Originally Posted by fraugts
without my Hot Wheels cars...
Dude, that's harsh... wtf

lets hope hes kidding

2000 Toyota Celica GTS
2000 Toyota Celica GTS
Originally Posted by ct

SCORE!

No need for caffeine.

the dude
2002 Toyota Celica GT
the dude
2002 Toyota Celica GT
rofl

1989 GMC 1500 pickup
1989 GMC 1500 pickup
Well for me I dont lie, I bullshit my parents.If I were in your situation I would say that some guy told me if I got shocks and lowered it a lil bit,the car would handle better and be less of a risk of losing control and crashing. rofl Works everytime thumbsup Oh and if you do go through this ,make sure you say the guy worked at a dealership or some shit like that.

"Champions train, losers complain."