Ok, click the picture to get it to full-sized if you can't see what I'm saying there.
I set it up like this, re-set the ECU, and have driven nearly 1,000 miles (been about 3-4 days since I did this), and so far the CEL has not come back (it was coming back in about 24 hours before).
I haven't noticed any ill-effects, and it performs just as well as it always did!
I'll be taking my car in for some horn-work on Friday, I'll ask the guy to check this out as well and see if it will cause any damage (I doubt it will, since mine has been working perfectly, but I should double-check for safety
Hope this helps someone!