The following 10 TIPS are provided by the California Highway Patrol to help you act now to prevent vehicle theft.
ALWAYS . . .
1. Always lock your vehicle.
2. Always utilize anti-theft devices.
3. Always park your vehicle in a well-lighted area at night.
4. Always make sure you receive an ownership certificate when purchasing a used vehicle.
CONTROL THE SITUATION . . .
5. Never leave your keys in your vehicle.
6. Never hide a spare ignition key in the vehicle.
THEFT PROTECTION . . .
7. Install an audible alarm system.
8. When possible, park your vehicle in a secure garage.
9. Beware of your surroundings prior to leaving your vehicle.
10. Beware of high theft vehicles.