Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread

I am about to put a new headunit in. I been looking around the forum and i notice that its a bitch to install a new headunit in a gts because of the factory amp. Any ideas/products i should use/get to make this job easier. Also how powerful is the stock amp ??????

05 WRB
2005 Subaru WRX STi
05 WRB
2005 Subaru WRX STi
bring it to an audio shop and i guess the stock amp is powerful enough for handle the speakers with the head unit. [Linked Image from 216.40.249.192]

SUBARU TECNICA INTERNATIONAL

2000 Toyota Celica
2000 Toyota Celica
What size speakers are you getting cool

05 WRB
2005 Subaru WRX STi
05 WRB
2005 Subaru WRX STi
Originally Posted by silvabullet410
What size speakers are you getting cool

uhhh he is only getting a new head unit.

SUBARU TECNICA INTERNATIONAL

2000 Toyota Celica
2000 Toyota Celica
I ran into the same problem thumbsdown I got two diferent wire harness's, both did not work. So I'm going to bypass the factory amp hard wire the whole F-in thing, run the rear speakers off the head units power, and the front off the 4 channel 200 watt amp I installed. I'm also going to get my friend to fiberglass the trunk for my new sub which I will run off a 500 watt amp. I replaced the front speakers with Boston Acustic 275 watt componet speakers and the rear with 160 watt Boston Acustics. For anyone planning on installing a new upgraded system. watch out you will run into a lot of hassle. first the speakers are riveted in so you will have to drill them out and fabricate new holding brackets, second if you have a GTS, you have an amped system, and you'll have a problem with wiring the head unit. Tweeter and Bestbuy didn't have correct wire harness. Third the tweeters in the front doors are small and for my replacements i had to enlarge the hole in the door panel. (I used a steak knife.. now thats ghetto)then you run the wire's hook it all up and hopefully it all works smile

IM BATMAN

2000 Toyota Celica GTS
2000 Toyota Celica GTS
Basically what he said. My headunit was installed by a shop and I watched him do it. You need a device that sends a clicking noise to the speaker when you test the correct 2 wires. The speaker will click and it will tell you which speaker those 2 wires go to. That device saved him a lot of time.

I put tweeters in the rear on my car, the same set in all four speakers of my car. I bought a drill bit for the width of the tweeter and just drilled. I messed up on the first one and nicked the panel. It's a small eye booger, but it's behind the drivers seat so it's no big deal. I made sure the other side was PERFECT!

I hear you on the Ghetto aspect. I had to use a carpet cutter for the front tweeters. Talk about a hand breaking job, sheesh! I would recommend the drill bit, but don't use it really fast. BE VERY CAREFUL AND VERY SLOW.

https://celicahobby.com/gal3/uploads/Infinity_Tweeter_up_close

https://celicahobby.com/gal3/uploads/Infinity_Tweeter_and_passenger_door

2000 Toyota Celica
2000 Toyota Celica
first off there isn't a wire harness for the gts but there is a guy on another furom can't remember which one that makes one and sells them... or you can just get the wire code off this site under the install section works fine.
its was fairly easy to do this thumbsup