Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread

2001 Toyota Celica GT
2001 Toyota Celica GT
no ppl, this is not an aem v.s. injen rematch. i just recently purchased a injen short ram Intake and i was looking through the install guide and i noticed that the only short ram Intake install is for the rmm sri (short ram Intake) and its for a gts. i have an injen Intake and a gt...although i know that the installs must be similar i was wondering if anyone had a install guide for a injen sri on a gt. if so then posting it would be a great help not only to me but also a lot of other e-celica members.

2001 Toyota Celica GT
2001 Toyota Celica GT
oh and my sri is not new so it doesnt come with its own install guide so all i have to go off of right now is the rmm install guide. (im pretty mechanically inclined and an sri cant be the very hard to install but pics of what someones actually going to be dealing with is always better)

2001 Toyota Celica GT
2001 Toyota Celica GT
ok...easier question..what is the tube for thats 1/8" wide that is plugged w/ the plug that comes with the rmm Intake..should i do this with my injen Intake..or should attach that to something? as far as i know only the 3/8 tube that was connected to the air box is connected to my Intake..at least there is only one entry i can see .

2003 Toyota Celica
Happy Birthday sho
2003 Toyota Celica
the smaller hose ur talking about,i just left it like that.i used zipties to tie it down.is that the hose that sux in air??

2001 Toyota Celica GT
2001 Toyota Celica GT
^^^^the hose that i am talking about is the one that you attached the filter too. i was wondering what its for if normally its attached to the airbox and "i think it sucks air" but w/ the rmm Intake it just gets plugged and im wondering why

2003 Toyota Celica
Happy Birthday sho
2003 Toyota Celica
hmm...im not too sure.theres nowhere to plug that hose on my aem either.

ECelica Admin
2001 Toyota Celica GT
ECelica Admin
2001 Toyota Celica GT

[Linked Image]
It's not just your imagination...
Your day really does go by twice as fast while on EverythingCelica.com

2001 Toyota Celica GT
2001 Toyota Celica GT
they kinda help out...i mean they are finished projects. but an install guide is what i am looking for since i didnt buy a new one. from the rmm install guide i have a pretty good idea of what to do. if i get stumped ill be asking some more specific questions. thanks for the links isaac, but ill if anyone has an actual install guide for the injen sri please post. thumbsup

2001 Toyota Celica GT
2001 Toyota Celica GT
ok, install is done...the rmmm install did the job. it took me two hrs since i wanted to go slow and be carful of doing everything right. (although i did it by myself so i dont even know if it is done right confused ...but theres no check engine light so everything seems fine. although truthfully the gains seem to kick in after 4000rpm's. on the freeway i felt it way more than on the street. and the sound from the Intake is sweet!!! ill post pics on monday.

2003 Toyota Celica
Happy Birthday sho
2003 Toyota Celica
nice! thumbsup thumbsup(did you make sure to disconnect the negative terminal of ur battery b4 installing??i tried to call you n let know,but you didnt pick up.)

2001 Toyota Celica GT
2001 Toyota Celica GT
yeah i did.. thats the first step in every install manual that i read...so of course...thats the first thing i did...actually it seems like the more i drive it a little more power has been kicking in.. i think the computer is recalibrating itself to the new Intake

2001 Toyota Celica GT
2001 Toyota Celica GT
ok, this was the use injen sri i bought from sho. i had to buy some parts because they didnt come with it...all i bought was the piping, but what do you guys think about my ghetto rigged sri??? i didnt really have any experiance installing Intakes, but let me tell you guys that it want that hard.
1870176574-engine bay1.JPG

2001 Toyota Celica GT
2001 Toyota Celica GT
1870176575-engine bay 2.JPG

2001 Toyota Celica GT
2001 Toyota Celica GT
#3 and thats all folks
1870176576-engine bay 3.JPG

2000 Toyota Celica GT
2000 Toyota Celica GT
what did you connect the skinny hose to?

[Linked Image]

2001 Toyota Celica GT
2001 Toyota Celica GT
if your talking about the little blue hose thats connected to that black one and then you cant see under the Intake...its connected to a little air filter you can find
@ any autoparts store. i dont even know what it does but i know that w/ the gts and the rmm Intake it got plugged...i didnt know if i was suppose to do this with the injen Intake so i connected a breather to it...just following logic..since it was sucking in air before...why plug it now... but if its not needed then im gonna feel a little dumb spending 10 bucks that i didnt have to. ill take a pic of what i mean later on today when i get home from work

2000 Toyota Celica GT
2000 Toyota Celica GT
I installed mine and it came with a plug so I plugged it. But who knows maybe what you did is better. Mine works just fine too.

[Linked Image]

2003 Toyota Celica
Happy Birthday sho
2003 Toyota Celica
yo hector,...ur sri is looking pretty good,but you remember when i told you my CEL came on.well it came on again but i fixed that problem by putting a cap over that hose that sux in air.im not sure about injen sri but i think you should do the same.

* but if its not needed then im gonna feel a little dumb spending 10 bucks that i didnt have to.*
yea i kinda feel that way about that stupid lil filter.LOL!! rofl

2001 Toyota Celica GT
2001 Toyota Celica GT
Originally Posted by sho
yo hector,...ur sri is looking pretty good,but you remember when i told you my CEL came on.well it came on again but i fixed that problem by putting a cap over that hose that sux in air.im not sure about injen sri but i think you should do the same.

* but if its not needed then im gonna feel a little dumb spending 10 bucks that i didnt have to.*
yea i kinda feel that way about that stupid lil filter.LOL!! rofl

doh!!!!well my CEL hasnt come on...i cleaned the mafs when i put in the cai...if it comes on ill definitly plug it!!it wont take long @ all i bet...what did you plug it with?

2003 Toyota Celica
Happy Birthday sho
2003 Toyota Celica
i cut the lil piece of the hose n put tape around it on one side of the hose n i burn the tape so it'll melt on the hose to make it air tight. thumbsup

2001 Toyota Celica GT
2001 Toyota Celica GT
aight..ill figure something out...my CEL just turned on today thumbsdown thumbsdown

2001 Toyota Celica GT
2001 Toyota Celica GT
ok, plugged that mofo up...and reset the ecu. hopefully it doesnt come one agian...i wonder why its there if you cant use it anymore..the only reason i can think of is that blue connection that was connected to the stock airbox. maybe that controlled the butterfly and since the sri or cai dont have one then when the blue connection is discarded the tube thats connected to the Intake maifold must help with the function of that connection and since that connection isnt needed anymore the hole coming out from the Intake manifold must be useless as well. and to take it a step further...

and by the way this is all guessing and probably is totally wrong , but hopefully someone can correct me so that i can help other ppl out...because im sure a lot of ppl have this question...

that blue plug that is disconnected to the stock airbox must be some kind of a sensor that detects airflow of some part of the stock airbox. the tube that connects from the Intake manifold to the stock airbox is directly connected in function with the blue connector. and if so when accelerating the tube connected from the Intake manifold to the stock airbox would suck more air and it would be picked up by the blue connection a.k.a. ("sensor") making the butterfly open and close upon acceleration and deceleration. confused confused confused confused confused confused confused confused

2001 Toyota Celica GT
2001 Toyota Celica GT
that sounds a little confusing to me even now after i read it and i know what i am talking about...if i need to rephrase let me know ppl. thumbsup