Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread

I posted this some time ago on NC org I thought you guys might like to know... I haven't seen anyone on here with an LSD so enjoy...

three letters W O W!

This thing kicks butt!!!!!!!!!!

I cant wait till I break it in. The guy at the shop told me to give it at least 500 miles, and also to give my tranny at least another 500 miles since everything is still squeaky clean inside the tranny, before I race it. So I'll be putting 500 street miles on my car hopefully by thursday so I can take a trip back to irwindale and get that 9.3 time slip!

sooooooooooooooooo I finally picked up the car late yesterday around 8:30 pm

I was supposed to pick it up at 4:00 but the guys car broke down in diego and he had to get it towed all the way to costa mesa, where his shop is.

I took it out for a test drive.

I made a you turn and punched it about half way through the turn, and my car immediately shot around the turn like I was a teather ball rotating around the pole, no wheel spin AT ALL!!!! just glued right to the ground. I then did some half assed slalom runs and every time I punched it the car lurched into the directio my tires were facing. awesome!

so I have to get on the freeway and cruse about a half hour to home, I get off the free way and take the left hand turn from hacienda to valinda full throttle, no wheel spin just pure controll, The car wants to go in the direction I point it soo bad I have to fight it to go back straight, this aint no one hander turn, you need both hands on the wheel to controll the car, but only when you step on it. other than that its as docile as it was before the LSD, and it only comes on when I want it to. theres a street valida I usually take at about 25 is mph from valida to merced, because the right hand lane is larger for firetrucks and I usually stay close to the line and take the turn in second and I had to feather the throttle to get good traction going through the turn. this time it was completely different. I was comming up on the light dropped it into second and began the turn, this time I punched it going about 25 mph, the car started to pull to the right and not swing out to the left like before, I held the line I took into the turn and at full throttle the only indicator of lost traction was a slight screech of my right REAR tire. as soon as my car had made the apex of the turn i hit lift and the car shot off down the straight empty road.

I need more practice with the differential and turning(and i will definately get it!), also when I break it in I can tell I am going to need to learn how to launch the car again.

I would definately reccommend this mod for all the celica owners, you just dont know what your missing untill you experience it for yourself!

I wish this would have been my first mod on the car!

Controlled Inertia
President
8.831 @ 79.8 mph (best 1/8 new motor 12/02/04)
2.007 (best 60')
All motor

ECelica Staff
2002 Toyota Celica GT
ECelica Staff
2002 Toyota Celica GT
goodjob

[Linked Image]

King of the Hill
2003 Toyota Celica GT
King of the Hill
2003 Toyota Celica GT
thumbsup

ECelica Staff
2001 Toyota Celica
ECelica Staff
2001 Toyota Celica
Awesome man. Congrats. You have a good setup. Were the gains worth the money with the flywheel, clutch and LSD? I have heard once that fidanza isn't the most reliable flywheel. Have any input on this?

Dan

ECelica Staff
ECelica Staff
thumbsup thumbsup

05 WRB
2005 Subaru WRX STi
05 WRB
2005 Subaru WRX STi
grin grin grin

SUBARU TECNICA INTERNATIONAL

Originally Posted by Grand-Touring-Dan
Awesome man. Congrats. You have a good setup. Were the gains worth the money with the flywheel, clutch and LSD? I have heard once that fidanza isn't the most reliable flywheel. Have any input on this?

Dan

as for reliability, aluminum flywheels tend to give out sooner than chromolly, but I went with findanza because simply put it was the lightest flywheel out there. 7.5 lbs

the good thing about the fidanza is the center section that "tends to give out" is replaceable and only costs 50-100 bucks for the replacement part instead of purchasing a whole new flywheel (350ish)

The fidanza flywheel first impressions were awesome. Excellent throttle response in any gear, mash on the gas and the engine revs up so smoothly, got rid of that lag from 5K-6K rpms just before lift.

it did however add a lot of WHEEL HOP (from a dead stop launch) being the lightest flywheel it reduces low end torque, and thus creating the wheel hop. It took my custom polyurethane front mount, killerms torque brace and the LSD to get rid of "most" of the wheel hop.

the lighter flywheel is also VERY tough to launch with. I can and have pulled 2.1 60's with the LSD and before the LSD my best was a 2.28 60' with the stock flywheel (and LSD) those 60's would drop by at least .1,

its a trade off...loose a lil off the line but gain a lot everwhere else in the powerband.

i did note some dramatic decreasis in my 330 ' times from before flywheel 6.4-6.5's to 6.2's-6.3's

peace

edit: forgot about the rest of your post...

the LSD is DEFINATELY WORTH THE PRICE! it was 1300 for everything for me including CA tax + labor + LSD.

it increases the fun factor of the car 10 fold.

I am not happy with the TRD clutch however I wish I would have gotten the kazuma pressure plate and kazuma clutch disk. (i went with the trd for the 1 year warranty)

I need more grabbing power and the trd cant really cope with it.

Last edited by Illusive; Jul 1, 2003 4:42pm.

Controlled Inertia
President
2.007 (best 60')
All motor

ECelica Staff
2001 Toyota Celica
ECelica Staff
2001 Toyota Celica
how much was the install for the LSD, and how much was the LSD?
Seems that Toms may be a better flywheel. ITs chromolly, and is not as light so wheel hop will not be as bad (according to you).

Originally Posted by Grand-Touring-Dan
how much was the install for the LSD, and how much was the LSD?
Seems that Toms may be a better flywheel. ITs chromolly, and is not as light so wheel hop will not be as bad (according to you).

LSD from KAAZ is 880 (clutch type 1.5 way)
install 448.00 (it will be more if you decide to do it because he quoted me 8 hours labor it took them 11 hours! apparantly the GTS tranny is a pain to put back together! parts need to line up exactally or it wont work he said it took three attempts to get it put back together correctly)

that does not equal 1300 i know but you can figure that I got a discount. I cant say how much but I did get one.

If anyone is serious about the lsd and lives in cali hit up

www.kaazusa.com [kaazusa.com]

and call the number since the lsd is not listed on the site. Talk to rey...hes a cool guy! the shops in costa mesa.

peace

Controlled Inertia
President
2.007 (best 60')
All motor