Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread

#23256 Jun 26, 10:17pm
2002 Toyota Celica GT
2002 Toyota Celica GT
so far on my GT: aem cai, aem underdrive pulley, hot shot header- what next? i know that most of you will say cat back exhaust system...but im VERY hesitant to get one, for my own reasons. i cant afford a turbo, and, like the topic i want to go all NA. what can i do next, and does anyone have any ideas? approximate prices? thanks for the info in advance!

ECelica Staff
2001 Toyota Celica
ECelica Staff
2001 Toyota Celica
Short shifter
Clutch
flywheel
Maybe internal work, pistons and rods, Cams should be out soon
Maybe fuel injectors
Spark Plugs if need to be changed, upgrsade them
Apexi Power FC
Maybe new tires
Then of course Suspension work.

There are a few things that may help you out. thumbsup

Dan

May i ask why you dont want to get bolt on exhaust? I got mine and have had no problems with it at all.

[color:"red"]TRD exhaust/AEM pulley kit/Injen short ram/"happies" grounding kit/raised hood scoop/MTEC lighting package/APC Euros/fill in decals/window tint/s2000 antenna/red footwell neons...more to come[/color]

05 WRB
2005 Subaru WRX STi
05 WRB
2005 Subaru WRX STi
gotta have some kind of exhaust on it...then just do all suspension, transmission work.

SUBARU TECNICA INTERNATIONAL

ECelica Staff
ECelica Staff
Originally Posted by Grand-Touring-Dan
Short shifter
Clutch
flywheel
Maybe internal work, pistons and rods, Cams should be out soon
Maybe fuel injectors
Spark Plugs if need to be changed, upgrsade them
Apexi Power FC
Maybe new tires
Then of course Suspension work.

There are a few things that may help you out. thumbsup

Dan

what dan said should be a good start. grin

ct
C'mon & hit me!
2000 Toyota Celica GTS
C'mon & hit me!
2000 Toyota Celica GTS
you know i was hesitant to get an exhaust as well. mainly because of the NOISE factor...lol. i bugged these guys at ecelica.com asking them is this too loud? is this too loud? is this too loud.? finally i just told myself that if i didn't get what i wanted from the exhaust then i can just resell it here at ecelica.com @ the buying/selling forum. sure enough when i got it I LOVED IT. great gains...and GREAT SOUND. it's not loud at all...once you step on it and goes up to 4K rpm it gets really deep...but you should hear it at idle...purrs like nothin' i've heard. doesn't sound like honda aftermarket exhausts at all. thumbsup

if you decide you don't want to go exhaust you can go get higher comp pistons at monkeywrenchracing.com...the whole thing plus install might get you up to 800 bucks though...and that's only for 10-15hp...max rice

ECelica Staff
2001 Toyota Celica
ECelica Staff
2001 Toyota Celica
but getting igher comp pistons and upgraded rods allows for a higher shot of nitrous. It all works out good in the end.

2002 Toyota Celica GT
2002 Toyota Celica GT
thanks for the replies...i was thinking of reworking the engine with light weight pistons, connecting rods and stuff. changing to higher compression pistons will increase performance? it makes sense, but i think i remember a thread from before that said that this wasnt the case...but im not sure. as far as the exhaust...mainly for the sound. and i know that its a small thing, but i dont really like the look of some of the exhausts that ive seen with the big tips. i am considering the TRD exhaust because ive heard that its one of the softest, and with great gains- just a matter of price. i know that dan had suggested the evo exhaust. and of course theres always a silencer. so still undecided.

ct
C'mon & hit me!
2000 Toyota Celica GTS
C'mon & hit me!
2000 Toyota Celica GTS
seriously consider the exhaust..i found i got more out of my intake when i put it on. the trd exhaust clips in this site make it seem like it's louder than it is but that's only because they guy is reallyy revvin' it. some people come up to me and say..."is that a real TRD exhaust? because it's kinda quiet..."...yup...not complaints in sound...plus it's the best performing exhaust for the celi thumbsup

ECelica Staff
2001 Toyota Celica
ECelica Staff
2001 Toyota Celica
I guess its up to you and what you want to spend your money on. For me, my next mods are going to be internal engine work. Cams, pistons, rods, valves. After that, its nitrous time baby.
I think that Sara is trying to sell her evo exhaust for the GT. Send her a PM, Brent, if you're interested in that exhaust. She hasnt had it long, and you could buy it cheaper from her than new. Your call though.
Congrats on the header, glad you like it. Now you are going to start getting pms from people now asking about it, hehe.

Peaceout

Dan

ct
C'mon & hit me!
2000 Toyota Celica GTS
C'mon & hit me!
2000 Toyota Celica GTS
[quote=Grand-Touring-Dan]
Congrats on the header, glad you like it. Now you are going to start getting pms from people now asking about it, hehe.

Peaceout

Dan

lol how did you know? rofl

btw-how is the header? grin

ECelica Staff
2001 Toyota Celica
ECelica Staff
2001 Toyota Celica
Originally Posted by ct
[quote=Grand-Touring-Dan]

Peaceout

Dan

lol how did you know? rofl

btw-how is the header? grin

uhh, you put your reply in my quote. Anyways...how did I know what? Did you send him a PM? If that is the case, it is because I get multiple pms about it. I don't mind though. Actually, I like it, I like to help people out when they need it. So if anyone has any questions about anything (doesn't even have to be car related, I'll talk about anything), send me a PM. thumbsup thumbsup

Dan

ct
C'mon & hit me!
2000 Toyota Celica GTS
C'mon & hit me!
2000 Toyota Celica GTS
lol..yeah i screwed up on the quote part...i tried pm'ing you and it gave me an acees denied message. so how do you like it? (the header). gains? price? price to install? is it louder with it on (cuz i have heard it is...). thanks thumbsup rice

ECelica Staff
2001 Toyota Celica
ECelica Staff
2001 Toyota Celica
replied to your PM. As for noise with the header, it will make your engine a little louder. Price depends on your shop. If you have some mechanical background and feel comfortable doing it yourself, I could help walk you through it.

You should really think about a TRD Exhaust, it has a real nice sound, it is make by Toyota so you know it is good, it will give you a couple extra ponies 5-8hp, and best of all it comes with a certificate that states that the exhaust is 50 state noise and emissions legal. I think that is the next upgrade you need to get. rice

Heaven is 8600 RPM's

You should really think about a TRD Exhaust, it has a real nice sound, it is made by Toyota so you know it is good, it will give you a couple extra ponies 5-8hp, and best of all it comes with a certificate that states that the exhaust is 50 state noise and emissions legal. I had one but got rid of it because it was not loud enough. I think that is the next upgrade you need to get. rice

Heaven is 8600 RPM's