Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread

#232147 Jul 25, 5:40pm
2000 Toyota Celica GT
2000 Toyota Celica GT
I am Fiberglassing a screen into my dash, and i am not real sure how you are supposed to go about running the screen and the dvd player. And if anyone knows about a good place to get a dvd player let me know. Also, how do you install the PS2's?? Any help is appreciated.

2004 Toyota Celica GT
2004 Toyota Celica GT
You need a power inverter for the ps2 for power, all the video signal hookups should be made via rca jacks if your headunit or dvd player has the outputs for them. wht are you running the screen with(audio?) youll need an audio source to get sound from your dvd player.

Helps a little I hope... thumbsup

Originally posted by RICOGT:
i wanted to get the vac gauge because it constantly moves. more of a race feel i think

2000 Toyota Celica GT
2000 Toyota Celica GT
Yea that helps me some. I wish i wasnt such an idiot when it comes to electronics. Oh well. What type of audio source do i need??

[Linked Image]

2003 Toyota Celica
2003 Toyota Celica
well correct me if im wrong but it sounds like you have to run ur dvd player audio through ur headunit to get sound into your speakers. meaning your DVD player is the source and you run the video wire to the monitor and get a splitter for the video input on the monitor to allow you to hook up 2 video devices up to. you wont be able to play them simultaneously mind u. i think thats some other converter or something. anyway then you need another rca splitter and run your audio cables to your headunit into the rca inputs. meaning if you have a stock headunit you need to change it. now if you set it up like that you can watch DVDs on the monitor and listen to the sound through your speakers, and then if you turn your DVD player off and turn on the PS2 you can do the same. hope this helps thumbsup

Laissez les bons temps rouler

1991 Toyota Celica ST
1991 Toyota Celica ST
well, from your screen you should have one cord comming out of it. this is the cord that hooks up your lcd to the dvd... well in my car i took the cord from the lcd and i put it to the dvd, then i took a cord from my dvd to the head unit. all that you need is a auxillary option w/ your headunit, if you do then you will be able to have the sound going through... i know you can do that for a fact.. no the ps2, i know you have to have a power inverter and some other bs.. wich i dont know b/c i dont have one.. but if you have the aux. your set man.. and good luck w/ the Fiberglass. it is a pita! haha.. i had a big problem w/ it so just good luck! pm me if you need some help or anything

2000 Toyota Celica GT
2000 Toyota Celica GT
Thanks a lot guys. All the help is appreciated.

[Linked Image]