New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread

#2250 Oct 11, 8:30pm
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
Yes folks. It is coming out to the public. It is actually already in the U.S., but here is the thing. There is no part number for it so it will take awhile for Toyota to get this going. What I know so far is that it is 4 pounds of boost. Reason why is cause of the compression. Anyway, call your local dealership and find out when it's coming. My dealership is waiting for the part number. They have a toll free number that only dealerships can call to find out the status. So, don't let them give you some story that they don't know. Good luck guys and gals. I hope you get it soon.

#2251 Oct 11, 9:25pm
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
Originally posted by Celica TRDeezy:
Yes folks. It is coming out to the public. It is actually already in the U.S., but here is the thing. There is no part number for it so it will take awhile for Toyota to get this going. What I know so far is that it is 4 pounds of boost. Reason why is cause of the compression. Anyway, call your local dealership and find out when it's coming. My dealership is waiting for the part number. They have a toll free number that only dealerships can call to find out the status. So, don't let them give you some story that they don't know. Good luck guys and gals. I hope you get it soon.
4psi?? thats even worse than Blitz!! Blitz with 6psi gets 200 Front Wheel Horse Power and i thought that sucked, 4psi would not get enough dude. Though it would be great to stay under warranty guess what it must be installed by the Toyota Dealer to stay under warranty which cost of labor itself would pay for any possible engine problem other kit would cause. So I do not see any reason go with TRD atleast Blitz already have a project car ready, it is atleast in the trial phase. If it just got here it still needs CARB approval, so that supercharger still have to wait quite awhile.

[ 10-11-2002, 09:27 PM: Message edited by: Mike Lu ]

#2252 Oct 11, 9:25pm
how much do they cost?

ECelica Staff
2001 Toyota Celica GTS
ECelica Staff
2001 Toyota Celica GTS
TRD making a S/C for our cars? right...

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
ok, my opinion, if i bought a S/C or Turbo i would want more than 4psi. i would want to be at 6psi or above, but i guess like what mike said its good to stay under warranty. so if it does come out someone needs to post it up on here.

#2255 Oct 13, 8:28am
See, 4psi may not be a lot but the 2zz engine cant take a lot either. Dunno about you but I dont want to burn oil at 50k miles, or blow the head gasket because I stepped on the gaz pedal with a s/c set at 8+psi. No thank you. Its one thing to run high figures, its a totally other ball park to run it reliably over a respectable amount of time.

If this s/c works like the one available for the V6 engines, you'll be able to choose from different pulleys anyway. You'll prolly be able to tune the car between 4 to 10 psi, depending on pully size. I wouldnt advise more than 6 psi for the 2zz, unless you dont mind running on octane booster.

Dont forget that the blitz s/c dyno we saw were with a car tuned to 100octane gaz and fitted with 19incher. With stockies, and tuned to 91 or 94 octane gaz, I'm sure the blitz kit will show better figures on the dyno. Still, I'm not forking 5g's for it.

I'm down for an s/c in similar design and price than the one available for the V6 engines. Hopefully TRD will pull this one out.

Its a real shame the TRD jspec piston/rod wont work here with US gaz specs. I'd much rather use that solution instead of an s/c.

[ 10-13-2002, 08:30 AM: Message edited by: Jeff ]

'01 GT-S 6spd:
TWM shortshifter
AEM Cold Air Intake
//TRD Exhaust
//TRD Shocks
//TRD Springs
//TRD Sway bars
//TRD Strut brace
//TRD jdm Clutch
//TRD jdm Flywheel
//TRD jdm Clutch-type LSD
Clear corner lenses
S2k antenna

Jeff #2256 Oct 13, 10:28pm
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
Originally posted by Jeff:
Dont forget that the blitz s/c dyno we saw were with a car tuned to 100octane gaz and fitted with 19incher. With stockies, and tuned to 91 or 94 octane gaz, I'm sure the blitz kit will show better figures on the dyno. Still, I'm not forking 5g's for it.
Its a real shame the TRD jspec piston/rod wont work here with US gaz specs. I'd much rather use that solution instead of an s/c.
100 Octane will help run better than 94 or 91 Octane. And with 19" rims it does hurt the performance some but who wants to stay with stock 16" rims? Especially with people who buys SC at low boost, because most of these peps are not racing because they know their butt will be handed to them by peps with turbo boosting 6+psi.
I am dynoed at 211.6 HP SAE (To the wheels) with only 7.1 boost with a GT I truely believe 6psi turbo on a GTS will be even higher than that.
All I am saying is that SC Blitz has is very inefficient, probably SC is very inefficient all together. I just wish they can produce better HP than what they post. Spending $6,000 + labor for a supercharger and do not get much out of it just is wrong to me.

[ 10-14-2002, 11:23 AM: Message edited by: Mike Lu ]

#2257 Oct 13, 11:49pm
ECelica Staff
2001 Toyota Celica GTS
ECelica Staff
2001 Toyota Celica GTS
Spend the same amount of money on a turbo!!!

Or spend it on a faster car.

'01 GT-S 6spd:
TWM shortshifter
AEM Cold Air Intake
//TRD Exhaust
//TRD Shocks
//TRD Springs
//TRD Sway bars
//TRD Strut brace
//TRD jdm Clutch
//TRD jdm Flywheel
//TRD jdm Clutch-type LSD