Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread

I've read on here then ppl recomend the Injen and then AEM. and exhaust i've read that ppl recommed the TRD exhaust. How come some air intakes are like 90 while others are 250? And how much is a TRD exhaust? Is it safe to buy a used one? Im not into racing, just looks and sounds, so is there something i can get to make my car sound better without spending this much?

ECelica Staff
2001 Toyota Celica
ECelica Staff
2001 Toyota Celica
Originally Posted by gillberg_1111
I've read on here then ppl recomend the Injen and then AEM. and exhaust i've read that ppl recommed the TRD exhaust. How come some air intakes are like 90 while others are 250? And how much is a TRD exhaust? Is it safe to buy a used one? Im not into racing, just looks and sounds, so is there something i can get to make my car sound better without spending this much?

Reason for the intakes being different prices has to do with the company. How much research and development went into the product. You get what you pay for. Injen and AEM are very well respected companies. The $90 intakes are generics. Probably some people with some aluminum piping making some bends into them.
The TRD exhaust is one of the best. It has a very nice sound to it. Its not the loudest, but one of the cleanest. Buying a used exhaust can be a little risky. Its just like buying off of ebay. Make sure you trust the person you are buying from.
Hope this helps

Dan

Yea i appriciate it. Where would i find a TRD Exhaust? and where would i find a CAI for cheap. My B-Day is commin up the 16ht of july so i might have some dough for one or the other.

ECelica Staff
2001 Toyota Celica
ECelica Staff
2001 Toyota Celica
if you want a used TRD exhaust, check the group buys forum, if you want a new one, I don't know the best place to buy. But someone else will, just let a few more guys view this thread and you will get tons of answers. Help em out guys thumbsup. They also sell the CAI in the store on this forum. The lowest price I found for Injen is 235. I don't know how much it is in the ecelica store, but I'm sure its a good price. I also don't remember where I found it for 235, sorry.

Dan

2002 Toyota Celica
2002 Toyota Celica

2002 Toyota Celica
2002 Toyota Celica
dan

do you mean the universal trd or kazuma?

ECelica Staff
2001 Toyota Celica GTS
ECelica Staff
2001 Toyota Celica GTS
Universal TRD or kazuma? i didnt know there was a universal... confused

ThE iRoN mAiDeN
2003 Toyota Celica GT
ThE iRoN mAiDeN
2003 Toyota Celica GT
The best price I have ever seen for either intake is right here in the ecelica store. As for the TRD exhaust, you can get one here http://www.trdtoyota.com/TRD/index.htm
they have the best price I have ever seen for the TRD exhaust. Go for the extended if you have or are going to get a body kit. thumbsup

ECelica Staff
2001 Toyota Celica GTS
ECelica Staff
2001 Toyota Celica GTS
My friend have a TRD exhaust. It sounds so good, it sometimes makes me wish I bought a TRD exhaust.

ECelica Staff
2001 Toyota Celica
ECelica Staff
2001 Toyota Celica
Originally Posted by Masrod
dan

do you mean the universal trd or kazuma?

I am confused by this. TRD makes Kazuma, but they still have a regular TRD exhaust. Is that what you are talking about? I am talking about the regular TRD exhaust because that is what I thought he was asking about.

I have TRD and I love it! It's a nice sounding exhaust sytem. It's not too loud but it sounds great! I would recommend it to anyone! With that though... which intake would be better Injen or AEM? I've heard a lot of people say that Injen goes well with the TRD exhaust but that AEM is better all around!?! Is that true and which would you guys recommend?

Sheena

ECelica Staff
2000 Toyota Celica GT
ECelica Staff
2000 Toyota Celica GT
Originally Posted by celica01Chick
I have TRD and I love it! It's a nice sounding exhaust sytem. It's not too loud but it sounds great! I would recommend it to anyone! With that though... which intake would be better Injen or AEM? I've heard a lot of people say that Injen goes well with the TRD exhaust but that AEM is better all around!?! Is that true and which would you guys recommend?

I have TRD with Injen CAI. I love it. I am sure TRD with AEM would be a great combo as well.

[Linked Image]
Really BAD reality TV is the reason I stopped watching MTV.

ECelica Staff
2001 Toyota Celica
ECelica Staff
2001 Toyota Celica
You can't go wrong with either. I would go Injen because I feel it is more reliable. I hear sories about people with AEM having more problems with the CEL than Injen owners. The difference in the intakes is only like 1 hp if that. And Injen is the one with that extra hp. thumbsup

Dan