Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread

hey guys i just wanna know what you think, i was thinking to get my windows tinted al the way arround with 20%... is this too risky???? i think the limit here in Virginia is 35%.. confused

ECelica Staff
ECelica Staff
no that's not that bad ... go for it thumbsup

ECelica Admin
2001 Toyota Celica GT
ECelica Admin
2001 Toyota Celica GT
too risky for what???

It all depends on how much attention YOU draw to your car as you are driving it and what placed YOU hang out at... A person could have limmo tint on their mini-van and never get cited for it

I usta drive like an ass and get cited for my tint every 4 months... but now I drive like I dont need another ticket and I havent got pulled over in about a year - nore do I see myself getting pulled over any time soon thumbsup

BTW... as long as your car is parked on public streets, city officers can ticket you for whatever is in violation of that city's code.

https://celicahobby.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Number=9207

[Linked Image]
It's not just your imagination...
Your day really does go by twice as fast while on EverythingCelica.com

Maryland is 43% for legal

20% will only be asking for it, my friend has 35 % aftermarket in a honda accord and hes a safe driver, got pulled over 4 times in maryland. just my 2 cents. get anyone you want my friend. dont forget your celica is also a car that cops like messing with . wave

05 WRB
2005 Subaru WRX STi
05 WRB
2005 Subaru WRX STi
i would say get what you feel is good because you don't want one too dark. So check all the percentages first and what they look like.

SUBARU TECNICA INTERNATIONAL

ECelica Staff
2001 Toyota Celica GTS
ECelica Staff
2001 Toyota Celica GTS
I have limo tint all around...

Cops stare hard at me but I don't care because I don't speed or anything.

2000 Toyota Celica
2000 Toyota Celica
Originally Posted by Steven
I have limo tint all around...

Cops stare hard at me but I don't care because I don't speed or anything.

Me too. wave

Absolutely Red awesome canyon road hugger with impressive straight-line acceleration.

you guys are brave, thumbs up to you ... thumbsup

Black Sheep
2000 Toyota Celica GT
Black Sheep
2000 Toyota Celica GT
Originally Posted by latin_guy
hey guys i just wanna know what you think, i was thinking to get my windows tinted al the way arround with 20%... is this too risky???? i think the limit here in Virginia is 35%.. confused
well here in cali a tints a tint and i think its all illegall if im not mistaken...and dependino n the popo ...wether he's a BEEYATCH...or a coo yet still gay cop...

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
Stupid question but how do cops know if the tints are illegal just by looking at it? Couldn't you just say the tint is legal? Also, how much is a ticket for illegal window tinting? Thanks alot!

2000 Toyota Celica
2000 Toyota Celica
Originally Posted by spyder00367
Stupid question but how do cops know if the tints are illegal just by looking at it? Couldn't you just say the tint is legal? Also, how much is a ticket for illegal window tinting? Thanks alot!

i guess there is a tint meter but here in new hampshire no cop has one so they don't give tickets they try but can't prove it

Rebel
2003 Toyota Celica GT
Rebel
2003 Toyota Celica GT
Originally Posted by spyder00367

There are portable tint meters. They just put it on the glass and it tells how dark the tint is. Also, common sense applies... everyone can tell if a car has limo tint, and (in most states) it is totally illegal. They could write you a ticket based on that, then it would be on you to prove it was legal. Sucks, but that's how it is.

[Linked Image]

02 Toyota Celica GTS
02 Toyota Celica GTS
I got a combo... 20% on the rear hatch and 2 rear corners. Then 35% on the side front and 5% sun strip. The tint is Platinum chrome... draws attention, but so does everything else on my car...

BOOSTED GT-S

ECelica Admin
2001 Toyota Celica GT
ECelica Admin
2001 Toyota Celica GT
Originally Posted by SHI_GTS
I got a combo... 20% on the rear hatch and 2 rear corners. Then 35% on the side front and 5% sun strip. The tint is Platinum chrome... draws attention, but so does everything else on my car...

it looks great with your silver thumbsup

[Linked Image]
It's not just your imagination...
Your day really does go by twice as fast while on EverythingCelica.com

I believe in most states you are allowed 20% on the back windows and only 35% on the front...I have 20% all around and have never got a ticket when I have been pulled over for speeding. Just roll both of ur windows down.

2001 Toyota Celica GT
2001 Toyota Celica GT
depends on the cops in your area. i had limo tint (5%) on my infinit g20 and i got so many tint tickets i just eventually stripped the tint off. and yes, limo tint is very easy to tell, and no light meter is necessary. also, most cops here have light meters frown. i have 35% titanium tint all the way around, which is legal here(only allowed 35% all the way around in MO). so make a wise decision, stripping tint is annoying lol frown.

brad

Last edited by Bradcelica; Jun 21, 2003 1:50pm.

in colorado the law is, you can put whatever tint you want to on your back windows, but if the back windows are darker than 35% (the legal limit here) then you cant put any kind of tint on your front windows. i got a 20% all the way around my car, and have had it for almost a year with no problems. i got a ticket at a car show for not having a front license plate (you have to have a front and back license plate in colorado), but not for my tint. so a lot of it depends on the cops. the ones here dont really care unless you are an ass to the guy. i have some friends with limo tints and they drive like asses wherever they go, but only one has gotten a ticket and it was actually good. the cop was gonna give him a moving violation ticket but gave him the choice of having it changed to an illegal tint ticket so he went with the tint.

Hey, its a celica. What else do ya need to know?

Originally Posted by Bradcelica
depends on the cops in your area. i had limo tint (5%) on my infinit g20 and i got so many tint tickets i just eventually stripped the tint off. and yes, limo tint is very easy to tell, and no light meter is necessary. also, most cops here have light meters frown. i have 35% titanium tint all the way around, which is legal here(only allowed 35% all the way around in MO). so make a wise decision, stripping tint is annoying lol frown.

brad

Unless something changed in the last 2 months it was Unlimited tint in the back and 35% up front in Missouri hon. That is of Jan 1st.

Why settle for a lesser evil, Cthulhu awaits....

2001 Toyota Celica GT
2001 Toyota Celica GT
Originally Posted by Caerie
Unless something changed in the last 2 months it was Unlimited tint in the back and 35% up front in Missouri hon. That is of Jan 1st.

"Additional Note: Took effect Feb 14, 2002. Original law banned tint on the front side windows but allowed anything behind and then changed in 2001 for 35% NET on ALL windows and in 2002 changed to 35% NET on front side windows but once again, anything behind goes ! "

my bad, i had my tint done in 2001 (see my vehicle yr?)... it changed again in 2002. i havent kept up since i already have my tint lmao(i'm lazy-didnt keep udated). also, tint is no longer a part of MO vehicle inspections "hon", but thnx for correcting me thumbsup, always good to know the latest version of the law grin.

brad

Last edited by Bradcelica; Jun 22, 2003 2:34pm.

oops, didn't mean to offend with the use of the term "hon". I use hon and babe a lot smile I meant no disrespect by using this word. smile
And your welcome on the update, i just had mine done like 2 months ago, that's how I know.

Why settle for a lesser evil, Cthulhu awaits....

2001 Toyota Celica GT
2001 Toyota Celica GT
thx caerie, and no i wasnt offended grin cheers. i just put quotes because you said it grin thumbsup. and ya correct me anytime i'm wrong , i'd wrather be wrong and get corrected with the right info. thx again caerie

brad