New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread

#2159 Nov 12, 3:17am
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
does anyone know what the actual fine is if you just want to pay the fine instead of getting it fixed and paying 10dollars?

i got it for illegal window tint...

please help thanks...

#2160 Nov 12, 3:19am
for my exhaust fix it ticket...it was 75 dollar fine if i didnt fix it...i dunno about tints.. probably like 50

ECelica Staff
2001 Toyota Celica GTS
ECelica Staff
2001 Toyota Celica GTS
if you get caught again for the same mods isn't it more of a fine?

Steven #2162 Nov 12, 10:23am
2000 Toyota Celica GTS
2000 Toyota Celica GTS
in the long run you are going to pay more everytime you get pulled over for the same thing, more so here in CA. i would just go and have the legal tint put on and pay the ten dollars. cheaper

kimo #2163 Nov 13, 1:28am
what i would is keep the tint on pay the fine, and next time you get pulled over for it and when he writes you a ticket keep the old one and give it back to him and tell him you only need one, haha just to piss him off, i'm sure that'll make him raise the fine or give you an even harder time about it but to me its worth it to piss him off

ECelica Admin
2001 Toyota Celica GT
ECelica Admin
2001 Toyota Celica GT
Originally posted by knight_ridda:
does anyone know what the actual fine is if you just want to pay the fine instead of getting it fixed and paying 10dollars?

i got it for illegal window tint...

please help thanks...
There are two types of tickets -
First is the 'Fix-It' ticket; with this ticket you HAVE to get whatever is wrong with your car fixed and take it to a inspection center - the CHP if you got your ticket on the highway in california... or a police/sherrif station. the $10 you pay is for the officer's time to come out and look at your car to see if the violation has been corrected. Although these tickets are not all that expensive to handle - you WILL have to show proff of correction, to clear them.

The second is an actual ticket; this one is also refered to as a 'mechanical violation' and you will have to pay a fine on this type of ticket. The ticket states that you must correct the mechanical violation - BUT you will NOT have to get the repairs inspected.

and yes, window tint is concidered a mechanical violation - for the pure fact that the tint on your windows NOT mechanicaly correct for driving on public roads.

I personaly have recieved about half dozon fix-it tickets for my front tint and have had the tint removed and re-installed for each one... this usualy takes a few minutes to remove (using a sharp razorblade) and then I need to take a 1/2 day off from work (about a $100 loss), pay the police/sherrif dept to inspect the car (another $10 spent) then head over to the tint shop to get it re-done (another $25 for just the front two windows)... all together, it costs me about $140 for a fix-it ticket.

What I just recently found out is that when the officer pulls you over and tells you that he is going to issue you a fix-it ticket for your violation - you can ask for a regular ticket instead... all though this ticket comes to about $74 at first... you dont need to remove the tint/violation and you dont loose a half day of work or spend time at the tint/repair shop to get the violation corrected. so the final cost on the mechanical violation ticket for tint is ONLY $74 - and in most states, you can just pay that amount online with your CC in less then 5 minutes.

the drawback to the later of my examples is that if you get TOO MANY tickets for the same thing - you can be told to appear infront of the judge and the judge will see that you've been cited for the same thing MANY TIMES and still havent corrected it... judge will say "I see you havent corrected it yet - than maybe a maximum fine of $1,000 to have you correct this mechanical violation will help get the ball rolling"... because they can. shocked

-isaac

[Linked Image]
It's not just your imagination...
Your day really does go by twice as fast while on EverythingCelica.com

isaac #2165 Nov 12, 7:24pm
ECelica Admin
2001 Toyota Celica GT
ECelica Admin
2001 Toyota Celica GT
BTW - a few of the officers that have pulled me over for tint have stated that if I do not want to get the tint removed right-away... wait untill the last week before the ticket is due, and then take care of the violation. if I get pulled over for the same reason surring that time - just present your current violation ticket to the new officer (used as a 'get out of jail free card' - remember the game monopoly? grin )

[Linked Image]
It's not just your imagination...
Your day really does go by twice as fast while on EverythingCelica.com

isaac #2166 Nov 13, 3:39am
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
so the officer said i had like 20 some days to get it fixed and checked, and then if i didnt due it by then i would get a regular ticket,

is this ticket after the 20some days the mechanical violation ticket of about 75 dollars? that's probably what im gonna do...

#2167 Nov 29, 8:05am
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
Originally posted by knight_ridda:
so the officer said i had like 20 some days to get it fixed and checked, and then if i didnt due it by then i would get a regular ticket,

is this ticket after the 20some days the mechanical violation ticket of about 75 dollars? that's probably what im gonna do...
WOAH WAIT DUDE! if you got a fixit ticket GET IT FIXED do not wait until the days are up...once that due date comes and goes the police will set out a warrent for your arrest and cause you to pay about 200 or more. Beleive me my bud had it happen to him for having a fixit ticket! Get it fixed!!