Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread

1992 Toyota Celica GT
1992 Toyota Celica GT
My '92 celica gt. Oh sure i can find body kits and spoilers galore but no eurolites or laqmbo door kits, nothin' like that. Why is that?

GT4
1993 Toyota Celica Alltrac
1993 Toyota Celica Alltrac
Because it's a Toyota, not a Honda wink

93 ST185, 91 ST185 (sold), 99 Solara SEV6
Boston

FWD
1995 Toyota Celica
FWD
1995 Toyota Celica
Originally Posted by GT4

also your title said "custom" what better way to go custom then to retro fit some civic lambo door hindges onto your celica. that way youll be one of a kinda 5th gen with lambo doors

[Linked Image]

1992 Toyota Celica GT
1992 Toyota Celica GT
Originally Posted by RedSunCelica
Originally Posted by GT4

also your title said "custom" what better way to go custom then to retro fit some civic lambo door hindges onto your celica. that way youll be one of a kinda 5th gen with lambo doors

well the reason i even said lambo doors is because i saw them here in one of the topics for a '00+ celica. Thats all i ever see is stuff for 2000 and up. Are 90-93 cels just not good enough to mod?

1990 Toyota Celica
1990 Toyota Celica
No they are very good enough to mod. They just happen to be 14 years old. And companies dont make stuff for cars that are somewhat rare and old, because they dont make money off them. The 5th Gens are awesome because they dont like most cars of their time. But if you want to mod the celica, most of your choices are custom. But thats the whole point of "CUSTOMIZATION". Not going out to your pep boys and buying the altezzas that everyone has. Thats just my 2 cents. But if thats your thing, then go for it. thumbsup

1991 Toyota Celica GT
1991 Toyota Celica GT
Originally Posted by gearSHIFTx
No they are very good enough to mod. They just happen to be 14 years old. And companies dont make stuff for cars that are somewhat rare and old, because they dont make money off them. The 5th Gens are awesome because they dont like most cars of their time. But if you want to mod the celica, most of your choices are custom. But thats the whole point of "CUSTOMIZATION". Not going out to your pep boys and buying the altezzas that everyone has. Thats just my 2 cents. But if thats your thing, then go for it. thumbsup
enough said with that.. cheers

1993 Toyota Celica GT
1993 Toyota Celica GT

very much true, well said...

havent actually read the thread because im not interested in lambo doors, but celica.net has a thread in 5th gen section about lambo doors

1993 Toyota Celica ST
1993 Toyota Celica ST
yea conrad is suppose to be fabricating the lambo hinges i think

1992 Toyota Celica GT
1992 Toyota Celica GT
Originally Posted by evilcel
havent actually read the thread because im not interested in lambo doors, but celica.net has a thread in 5th gen section about lambo doors

I wasnt actually focusing on lambo doors i was trying to say that i couldnt find any mods for the 5th gens other then body kits and such. I was just using the doors as an example. 8-)

1992 Toyota Celica GT
1992 Toyota Celica GT

Thanx...What would you suggest, not changing anything or have you found anything you liked. I like the look of eurolites myself. Am i goin' too rice? lay some more cents on me...hehe

1990 Toyota Celica
1990 Toyota Celica
Ive never seen a company that makes Euro's for our car. However, you could do Red-Outs or Black-Outs ( My personal fav thumbsup). Those look very slick.

What are you going for with you Celi? looks? or power?

Looks is easy Rims, Tint, suspension work Some interior work, maybe a body-kit. Whatever you like.

Now power is the tricky part, specially with the 5th gen. If your looking for something that beats vipers...i would suggest another car.
But if you want something that overall a really fun to drive car, start out with and Intake that you can buy on ebay for like 40 bucks or so.
Then move on and get an exhaust. Dont need to spend like 600 bucks there either. Get like 2.25" inch pipe up to the cat, a nice muffler, and if you can afford it get mandrel bent.

And if you want even more Performance, get the 3s-gte swap or Turbo the 5s. Both of those options are costly. And their is a lot more possiblities with the 3s.

I myself have done all of the above...and now im moving on to get the 3sgte swap, once i can afford it. But Im in LOVE with my car. Dont ever want to get rid of it.

Hope that helps thumbsup

1993 Toyota Celica ST
1993 Toyota Celica ST
there are mods that can be done you just gotta keep lookin. i myself didn't see anything when i first went to celica.net. well for like the first hour then as i read more and more of the threads i noticed that there were possibilities out there.
engine: custom Intake/exhaust/timing
body: kits , um try looking at toyotacelicaonline.com they have a good variety of kits that you can compare.
um red out/black out, alltrac hood/ carlos sainz hood/ jdm corners and turns
interior:wow where to start, painted vents n such, guagues at procarparts.com bezels also there. um ... new seats and steering wheel. trust me there are many things you can do

1990 Toyota Celica
1990 Toyota Celica
Originally Posted by dman
there are mods that can be done you just gotta keep lookin.

Well said...if you want to modify cars and actually know what your doing. Make sure you do your research. Learn everything you can.

1991 Toyota Celica GT
1991 Toyota Celica GT
Originally Posted by dman
there are mods that can be done you just gotta keep lookin. i myself didn't see anything when i first went to celica.net. well for like the first hour then as i read more and more of the threads i noticed that there were possibilities out there.
engine: custom Intake/exhaust/timing
body: kits , um try looking at toyotacelicaonline.com they have a good variety of kits that you can compare.
um red out/black out, alltrac hood/ carlos sainz hood/ jdm corners and turns
interior:wow where to start, painted vents n such, guagues at procarparts.com bezels also there. um ... new seats and steering wheel. trust me there are many things you can do
i agree, and i actually like the part of actually hunting stuff down, that'll work for our cars. and im glad i didnt get a honda just like everyone else. rofl

1993 Toyota Celica ST
1993 Toyota Celica ST
like czar said, "and i actually like the part of actually hunting stuff down" ... soryy dont know how to quote yet.. anyways yea i think you'll take more pride in ur car when you actually work for it instead of just going down to kragen or autozone for EVERYTHING for ur car.