Print Thread
tru_Asiatik_Pride
Blue MnM
tru_Asiatik_Pride Jun 13, 6:32am - #21001 

Blue MnM
2003 Toyota Celica

Southern California
Question about fuel door removal

I am interested in the jdm smoke fuel door replacement... my question is that I can't seem to figure out how to remove the OEM fuel door, how hard/easy is it to remove it???do i need any special tools???any replies is greatly appreciated thanks
dea7hr0w
dea7hr0w Jun 13, 6:38am - #21002 

Hi there, i have the JDM/TRD cover/cap, i actually tried toput it on and i couldnt do it, so my friend did it, it looked very simple, what he did was drill out the OEM hinges... then attacted the unit... instead of using the screws that were given we used bolts so it would lock in and be more secure... if you wanna see some pictues click on my link below, any questions PM me wave
Bradcelica
Bradcelica Jun 13, 6:45am - #21003 

KC, MO
installation is simple, just drill out the stock pop rivets(do not drill the hinges). sorry i cant remember what size drill bit i used. you will need a riveter ($10-$15), and use the riveter to install the new door (the jdm door comes with two pop rivets). the cap just attaches on top of the stock one. hope this helps thumbsup cheers

brad

01 gt-liquid silver
i come from the water
[Linked Image]
tru_Asiatik_Pride
Blue MnM
tru_Asiatik_Pride Jun 13, 7:42am - #21004 

Blue MnM
2003 Toyota Celica

Southern California
thanks for the quick replies