Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread

i was just thinking, is there a way to change the GTS so that the car will engage lift earlier than it currently does. first we would have to understand what causes the lift to engage, so if anybody has a detailed knowledge of this then please share with us. from what i understand from GTS owners (i dont have a GTS) the lift is engaged at a certain RPM level. i know there is more technology involved, but if this is true then i think a computer chip could be produced by an aftermarket company that would trick the engine into thinking that its reving higher than it is. what i mean is, assuming the lift engages at 6500RPM (im not sure what it actually engages at) then if you were driving the car at 6000RPM then the chip would make the car think you were at 6500 so lift would engage. then the chip will keep the engine thinking its at 6500 until you actually are at 6500. what this would do is add 500 revs onto lift in each gear. let me know if you guys understand what i said because it might be a little confusing and please share any knowledge about how the lift technology that is on the GTS. i was thinking about this because ppl always say they have trouble keeping the car in lift when shifting gears, this would get rid of that problem and make the car a lot quicker because it will be in lift longer. let me know what you think

Hey, its a celica. What else do ya need to know?

ECelica Staff
2001 Toyota Celica
ECelica Staff
2001 Toyota Celica
use the search button. This has been posted a few times and I'm sure you can find tons of info on it. thumbsup

Originally Posted by speedinjq
i was just thinking, is there a way to change the GTS so that the car will engage lift earlier than it currently does. first we would have to understand what causes the lift to engage, so if anybody has a detailed knowledge of this then please share with us. from what i understand from GTS owners (i dont have a GTS) the lift is engaged at a certain RPM level. i know there is more technology involved, but if this is true then i think a computer chip could be produced by an aftermarket company that would trick the engine into thinking that its reving higher than it is. what i mean is, assuming the lift engages at 6500RPM (im not sure what it actually engages at) then if you were driving the car at 6000RPM then the chip would make the car think you were at 6500 so lift would engage. then the chip will keep the engine thinking its at 6500 until you actually are at 6500. what this would do is add 500 revs onto lift in each gear. let me know if you guys understand what i said because it might be a little confusing and please share any knowledge about how the lift technology that is on the GTS. i was thinking about this because ppl always say they have trouble keeping the car in lift when shifting gears, this would get rid of that problem and make the car a lot quicker because it will be in lift longer. let me know what you think

For hondas, they have an aftermarket company called hondata that reflashes the ECU... that causes a number of things to happen, but i do believe that it also engages VTEC a little earlier... some one correct me if i'm mistaken... it also improves fuel mileage, a lot of hps, and higher redline/fuel cut off...

ECelica Staff
2001 Toyota Celica GTS
ECelica Staff
2001 Toyota Celica GTS
getting a new standalone ecu such as the apex power fc would do the trick, so i'm told. If you were to get a piggy back unit that does this, you would also have to tune the a/f ratio to get the most out of earlier lift, so i'm told. smile