Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 2,269
NorwayGT
Specialist
NorwayGT Jun 17, 7:10pm - #200276 

Specialist
2004 Dodge SRT4

Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 2,269
Seattle, WA
DC 7whp header BULLSHIT

there is NO WAY that you are going to get 7.2 whp by just adding a DC header to your GT

was....5speed with i/h/e
15.41 @ 89.30mph 2.282 60'

is....04 srt4 stock
13.936 100.15mph 2.177 60'
Joined: Mar 2003
Posts: 699
JAIMEJAMES
Senior Member
JAIMEJAMES Jun 17, 7:15pm - #200277 

Senior Member
2000 Toyota Celica

Joined: Mar 2003
Posts: 699
NorCal, Bay Area
so, what does hotshot produce all by itself?

2000 Black Gts 6-Speed
Flux Capacitor With Di-Lithium Crystals
Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 2,269
NorwayGT
Specialist
NorwayGT Jun 17, 7:16pm - #200278 

Specialist
2004 Dodge SRT4

Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 2,269
Seattle, WA
i dont know...but probly around 4 whp

when i dyno'd my car with i/h/e i got 10whp over stock, and thats with the best exhaust there is

was....5speed with i/h/e
15.41 @ 89.30mph 2.282 60'

is....04 srt4 stock
13.936 100.15mph 2.177 60'
Joined: Mar 2003
Posts: 699
JAIMEJAMES
Senior Member
JAIMEJAMES Jun 17, 7:24pm - #200279 

Senior Member
2000 Toyota Celica

Joined: Mar 2003
Posts: 699
NorCal, Bay Area
hmmm, can you ask dc why the low numbers with all the other mods??? has your car been tuned and dynoed before the mods? could be something else. idunno

2000 Black Gts 6-Speed
Flux Capacitor With Di-Lithium Crystals
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,373
AZZKIKR
SHO - NUFF
AZZKIKR Jun 17, 7:26pm - #200280 

SHO - NUFF
2003 Toyota Celica GT

Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,373
ATL GA
yeah...with your mods, I figured you'd be higher than that...did you dyno your car stock???, you might want to look into the greddy emanage and tune your car on the dyno according to the mods you have...you're car ran a pretty decent quarter for only 135 whp...we need to get new cams...I'm gonna probably be the guinea pig for the catcams cams, and go with a greddy emanage system, but I've got to get a few bills out of the way first...
Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 2,139
ct
C'mon & hit me!
ct Jun 17, 7:39pm - #200281 

C'mon & hit me!
2000 Toyota Celica GTS

Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 2,139
Woodland Hills, CA
well...they dyno'd the dc header at 7whp...yes, it does seem a bit excessive.maybe the dynos can lie? confused

Originally posted by SKOOF:
yoru such a clown, i wish you lived in nyc, i would love to just give you the beating that youve probably never gotten in your life.
Joined: Feb 2003
Posts: 271
fusi0n
Member
fusi0n Jun 17, 8:59pm - #200282 
Member

Joined: Feb 2003
Posts: 271
Michigan
on n c .org..monkeywrench did a full review with dynos and everything on the DC header installed on a GT. now if a full review by a well-known shop with dynos isn't conclusive enough for you; what is?
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 10,123
VSGTS14
05 WRB
VSGTS14 Jun 17, 9:25pm - #200283 

05 WRB
2005 Subaru WRX STi

Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 10,123
Milford, NJ
obviously they will lie cause they want to sell it...
but i'm not sure, you have a GT, don't expect huge gains.

SUBARU TECNICA INTERNATIONAL
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 1,248
Rocketman
Specialist
Rocketman Jun 17, 9:52pm - #200284 

Specialist
01 Toyota Celica

Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 1,248
Idaho Falls, ID
I will never trust dynos from the company that makes the product...Especially, when dynos can change run 2 run.
Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 2,269
NorwayGT
Specialist
NorwayGT Jun 17, 10:01pm - #200285 

Specialist
2004 Dodge SRT4

Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 2,269
Seattle, WA
Originally Posted by AZZKIKR
yeah...with your mods, I figured you'd be higher than that...did you dyno your car stock???, you might want to look into the greddy emanage and tune your car on the dyno according to the mods you have...you're car ran a pretty decent quarter for only 135 whp...we need to get new cams...I'm gonna probably be the guinea pig for the catcams cams, and go with a greddy emanage system, but I've got to get a few bills out of the way first...

i only got 132hp

was....5speed with i/h/e
15.41 @ 89.30mph 2.282 60'

is....04 srt4 stock
13.936 100.15mph 2.177 60'
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 3,077
slidr
Specialist
slidr Jun 17, 10:01pm - #200286 

Specialist
2000 Toyota Celica

Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 3,077
Saint Louis, MO
Originally Posted by ct
well...they dyno'd the dc header at 7whp...yes, it does seem a bit excessive.maybe the dynos can lie? confused
Of course you could make the dynos lie. You could create/modify dynos with a computer program if you wanted to. I'd say 3 WHP at the most. Maybe 4.

Aqua Teen Hunger Force...number one in the hood, G
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 372
darksidecelica
Member
darksidecelica Jun 17, 11:43pm - #200287 

Member
2001 Toyota Celica

Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 372
i thought that it was cumalative from throughout the powerband, couple hp in the low, few in the mid, couple in the high...could that be it? or maybe im wrong
Joined: Feb 2003
Posts: 271
fusi0n
Member
fusi0n Jun 18, 12:10am - #200288 
Member

Joined: Feb 2003
Posts: 271
Michigan
so what you guys are saying is that monkeywrench is a bullshit shop making fake dynos? interesting... rolleyes
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 615
ikin
Senior Member
ikin Jun 18, 12:58am - #200289 
2000 silver Toyota Celica GT
Senior Member
2000 Toyota Celica GT

Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 615
california
hey norway did you install the headers by yourself? if so how long did it take ? and how did you get it out. ive done a lot a researching and they say its just a lkot of twisting!
Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 1,251
silver
Specialist
silver Jun 18, 4:33am - #200290 
2000 Silver Toyota Celica GT
Specialist
2000 Toyota Celica GT

Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 1,251
California
The DC header most likely has a gain of 7whp at exactly 6453rpm (or another arbitrary RPM). It does make 7whp at one point of the power band, but in general, it's much less. In other words, most of the power band has a 3whp gain, but there could be one point where it spikes up to 7whp.

Technically they can say that it does make 7whp, because it does (at least it did once), at one specific place of the RPM range. Kinda lame, but that's how it goes.
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 111
tooekneee
Member
tooekneee Jun 18, 4:38am - #200291 

Member
2000 Toyota Celica GTS

Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 111
Houston
Norway has hotshot headers...it seems like everyone thinks he has DC headers.
Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 2,269
NorwayGT
Specialist
NorwayGT Jun 18, 5:10am - #200292 

Specialist
2004 Dodge SRT4

Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 2,269
Seattle, WA
Originally Posted by darksidecelica
i thought that it was cumalative from throughout the powerband, couple hp in the low, few in the mid, couple in the high...could that be it? or maybe im wrong

thats wrong

was....5speed with i/h/e
15.41 @ 89.30mph 2.282 60'

is....04 srt4 stock
13.936 100.15mph 2.177 60'
Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 2,269
NorwayGT
Specialist
NorwayGT Jun 18, 5:12am - #200293 

Specialist
2004 Dodge SRT4

Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 2,269
Seattle, WA
Originally Posted by ikin
hey norway did you install the headers by yourself? if so how long did it take ? and how did you get it out. ive done a lot a researching and they say its just a lkot of twisting!

me and a friend installed my hotshot header (same instal process as DC), it took about 5hrs. its not technicly hard at all, its just hard to get to a few of the bolts that you gotta take off and on. i pulled it out through the top, but it was a VERY tight fit, and i scrached up the plastic engine cover a bit

was....5speed with i/h/e
15.41 @ 89.30mph 2.282 60'

is....04 srt4 stock
13.936 100.15mph 2.177 60'
Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 2,269
NorwayGT
Specialist
NorwayGT Jun 18, 5:14am - #200294 

Specialist
2004 Dodge SRT4

Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 2,269
Seattle, WA
Originally Posted by silver
The DC header most likely has a gain of 7whp at exactly 6453rpm (or another arbitrary RPM). It does make 7whp at one point of the power band, but in general, it's much less. In other words, most of the power band has a 3whp gain, but there could be one point where it spikes up to 7whp.

Technically they can say that it does make 7whp, because it does (at least it did once), at one specific place of the RPM range. Kinda lame, but that's how it goes.

i know that their dyno's are made up. header doesnt make 7whp at any specific point. reminds me of when AEM(AEM owns DC) put on their site that their Intake for some civic added like 15.4 whp...tottal BULLSHIT

was....5speed with i/h/e
15.41 @ 89.30mph 2.282 60'

is....04 srt4 stock
13.936 100.15mph 2.177 60'
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 584
RyCeCuBe
Senior Member
RyCeCuBe Jun 18, 5:18am - #200295 

Senior Member
01 Toyota Celica GT

Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 584
LA 626 area
^^was that civic an Si? because i'd expect large gains like that from a high compression ratio car.

[Linked Image]
Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 2,269
NorwayGT
Specialist
NorwayGT Jun 18, 5:34am - #200296 

Specialist
2004 Dodge SRT4

Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 2,269
Seattle, WA
Originally Posted by RyCeCuBe
^^was that civic an Si? because i'd expect large gains like that from a high compression ratio car.

i dont think it was an SI...but even if it was there is no way it would get over 15whp from just an Intake. thad be like a 6speed GTS dynoing at 175 hp with just Intake wtf, and GTS has higher compression than an SI

was....5speed with i/h/e
15.41 @ 89.30mph 2.282 60'

is....04 srt4 stock
13.936 100.15mph 2.177 60'
Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 1,251
silver
Specialist
silver Jun 18, 6:25am - #200297 
2000 Silver Toyota Celica GT
Specialist
2000 Toyota Celica GT

Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 1,251
California
Perhaps...


An all motor Civic, built motor, stock (extremeley restrictive) airbox. An Intake will add a lot of power at an extreme RPM on cars like that. Average cars would get like, 2whp. Maybe.
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 584
RyCeCuBe
Senior Member
RyCeCuBe Jun 18, 6:47am - #200298 

Senior Member
01 Toyota Celica GT

Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 584
LA 626 area
Originally Posted by NorwayGT
Originally Posted by RyCeCuBe
^^was that civic an Si? because i'd expect large gains like that from a high compression ratio car.

i dont think it was an SI...but even if it was there is no way it would get over 15whp from just an Intake. thad be like a 6speed GTS dynoing at 175 hp with just Intake wtf, and GTS has higher compression than an SI

no..about the same compression ratio, just engine size is different..and yea..u can't do nothing to the 1.6..sissy honda..and oh ever heard of that AEM V2 Intake that uses sound waves to charge the engine cylander..i READ one time that it gave the rsx type s a 20 hp gain!!! what the hell is that...i think i know what you talkin bout though..hehe bullshit

[Linked Image]
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 92
shabu
Member
shabu Jun 18, 2:38pm - #200299 
Member

Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 92
How much hp you gain from a header has more to do with how poorly designed the factory header was than the compression ratio. Ours is already pretty good from the factory, so there is not a huge gain when you go aftermarket.
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,373
AZZKIKR
SHO - NUFF
AZZKIKR Jun 18, 3:13pm - #200300 

SHO - NUFF
2003 Toyota Celica GT

Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,373
ATL GA
it would give nice gains if you ported the head and bolted the new header on at the same time
Joined: Feb 2003
Posts: 271
fusi0n
Member
fusi0n Jun 18, 4:14pm - #200301 
Member

Joined: Feb 2003
Posts: 271
Michigan
you guys are idiots.

first you complain how there is no aftermarket and how slow your cars are. then when the parts are available, you act naive about it because who knows why in the hell you do. how about this, you go out and buy the part and do your own independent dyno since the company's dyno and monkeywrench's dyno isn't good enough for you, then if it really is "7whp bullshit", you can continue to complain on how slow your GT is. btw, why are you even attempting to add Performance parts onto your car knowing that you're going to end up with not much? wtf tards.

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous Jun 18, 4:19pm - #200302 
Unregistered



^^it is the extra power that counts... wtf tard

and people dyno their own cars because the readings from the companies are usually WRONG rolleyes
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 2,242
Lucky_317
Specialist
Lucky_317 Jun 18, 4:33pm - #200303 

Specialist
2000 Toyota Celica

Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 2,242
Fontana, CA
my car got a peak of 10 whp over stock with the dc header. I fully plan to dyno it again once it's in my car.

what you are also forgetting is how the whole process works.

if they were to post the A/F ratios you'll notice it leans out most of the powerband, resulting in a power increase.

the bad thing is an Intake will do the same thing. so if you were to take a 100% stock car add each component seperately you would most likely see the listed gains.(or very similar) what most people cant seem to understnad is tht the gains DONOT add together. you cant say header + 10 Intake + 7 exhaust + 5 = 22whp more. collectively you'll be lucky to get half smile you're still gaining power, just not as drastic compared to stock.

I do not doubt monkey wrench. they would've made more money selling trial BUT they were not satisfied with it, so they opted to wait and see how DC did. if the dc did not perform, they would not have sold it. There are things I dont like about monkey wrench BUT lying about stuff isnt their style.

Best 60' 1.959 best 1/4 - 13.7 @ 101mph
Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 2,139
ct
C'mon & hit me!
ct Jun 18, 4:57pm - #200304 

C'mon & hit me!
2000 Toyota Celica GTS

Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 2,139
Woodland Hills, CA
Originally Posted by Lucky_317

if they were to post the A/F ratios you'll notice it leans out most of the powerband, resulting in a power increase.

the bad thing is an Intake will do the same thing. so if you were to take a 100% stock car add each component seperately you would most likely see the listed gains.(or very similar) what most people cant seem to understnad is tht the gains DONOT add together. you cant say header + 10 Intake + 7 exhaust + 5 = 22whp more. collectively you'll be lucky to get half smile you're still gaining power, just not as drastic compared to stock.



this is is very true. you can't just add hp together with each mod... thumbsup

Originally posted by SKOOF:
yoru such a clown, i wish you lived in nyc, i would love to just give you the beating that youve probably never gotten in your life.
Joined: Mar 2003
Posts: 699
JAIMEJAMES
Senior Member
JAIMEJAMES Jun 18, 6:08pm - #200305 

Senior Member
2000 Toyota Celica

Joined: Mar 2003
Posts: 699
NorCal, Bay Area
^^^i can do what i want tongue. my stickers add an addtl 50 hp because they're pretty spineyes

2000 Black Gts 6-Speed
Flux Capacitor With Di-Lithium Crystals
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 2,043
trog2233
ECelica Staff
trog2233 Jun 18, 6:15pm - #200306 

ECelica Staff
2004 GMC Canyon Z-71

Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 2,043
Williamsport, PA
instead of argueing about all this stuff guys...why doesnt someone go get a damn dyno...cause i can sit here and say yea my DC header gave me 150 hp and you guys have no clue spineyes spineyes
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 874
drkramm
seabass
drkramm Jun 18, 6:45pm - #200307 
2000 black Toyota Celica GTS
seabass
2000 Toyota Celica GTS

Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 874
pa
MMmmmm rice math

hey thats a 20 minute phone call
"if i have seen farther it is by standing on the shoulders of giants"
derek: do you know that non dairy cream is flamable
Jennie: ...derek..what did you do
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 584
RyCeCuBe
Senior Member
RyCeCuBe Jun 18, 7:20pm - #200308 

Senior Member
01 Toyota Celica GT

Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 584
LA 626 area
Originally Posted by XplodCelica0708
^^it is the extra power that counts... wtf tard

and people dyno their own cars because the readings from the companies are usually WRONG rolleyes

[Linked Image]
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 2,242
Lucky_317
Specialist
Lucky_317 Jun 18, 7:41pm - #200309 

Specialist
2000 Toyota Celica

Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 2,242
Fontana, CA
Originally Posted by trog2233
instead of argueing about all this stuff guys...why doesnt someone go get a damn dyno...cause i can sit here and say yea my DC header gave me 150 hp and you guys have no clue spineyes spineyes


I did dyno the gts header smile I just want to do ANOTHER dyno to make sure it still gets gains after the reproduction smile and to see how it acts with the power fc wink lol

Best 60' 1.959 best 1/4 - 13.7 @ 101mph
Joined: Mar 2003
Posts: 1,304
My Sixth Gear
Specialist
My Sixth Gear Jun 18, 8:28pm - #200310 
2003 Spectra Blue Mica Toyota Celica
Specialist
2003 Toyota Celica

Joined: Mar 2003
Posts: 1,304
Chicago, Illinois
my friends RSX gained 10whp with an Intake

If you want peace... Prepare for War
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 2,242
Lucky_317
Specialist
Lucky_317 Jun 18, 10:28pm - #200311 

Specialist
2000 Toyota Celica

Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 2,242
Fontana, CA
I went from 154 stock to 166.5 with Intake and unolted exhaust.

Best 60' 1.959 best 1/4 - 13.7 @ 101mph
Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 2,269
NorwayGT
Specialist
NorwayGT Jun 18, 10:33pm - #200312 

Specialist
2004 Dodge SRT4

Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 2,269
Seattle, WA
Originally Posted by My Sixth Gear
my friends RSX gained 10whp with an Intake

did he dyno when he was stock?

was....5speed with i/h/e
15.41 @ 89.30mph 2.282 60'

is....04 srt4 stock
13.936 100.15mph 2.177 60'
Joined: May 2003
Posts: 522
Rave669
Senior Member
Rave669 Jun 18, 11:18pm - #200313 

Senior Member
2002 Toyota Celica

Joined: May 2003
Posts: 522
Lisle, IL
you also gotta match components for the best gains, that header may perform great with one Intake & exhaust combo, but not as well with others; the key is to find mods that compliment one another.

Maybe that header was coupled with a nice exhaust, Intake and some tuning to use the added flow.

[Linked Image]
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 2,242
Lucky_317
Specialist
Lucky_317 Jun 19, 1:06am - #200314 

Specialist
2000 Toyota Celica

Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 2,242
Fontana, CA
when we did mine it was stock vs stock everything but header. got 10.3

I'm wondering how its gonna act with my tuning. lol I could lose lots of power. never know. the power fc is very particular in regards to changes. lol

Best 60' 1.959 best 1/4 - 13.7 @ 101mph
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 2,242
Lucky_317
Specialist
Lucky_317 Jun 19, 1:07am - #200315 

Specialist
2000 Toyota Celica

Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 2,242
Fontana, CA
^^^^ btw all I will have to do is retune it. lol but dont know how much higher I can get. it's all a guess until I finally get it in my hands.

Best 60' 1.959 best 1/4 - 13.7 @ 101mph

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous Jun 19, 1:18am - #200316 
Unregistered



...this is a big thread...and mostly lucky's posts grin
Joined: Feb 2003
Posts: 271
fusi0n
Member
fusi0n Jun 19, 7:56am - #200317 
Member

Joined: Feb 2003
Posts: 271
Michigan
Originally Posted by XplodCelica0708
^^it is the extra power that counts... wtf tard

and people dyno their own cars because the readings from the companies are usually WRONG rolleyes


thats what i have been saying even since i first posted in here. people are so naive that when the opportunity for power or a great part comes out, they doubt it before they have any chance to prove it.

and learn how to read sir, i have never stated anything about DC's dynos, only monkeywrench's. and monkeywrench obviously does not make DC headers. rolleyes
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 255
YoshiVS
Member
YoshiVS Jun 19, 2:40pm - #200318 

Member
2000 Toyota Celica

Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 255
WI
Originally Posted by Lucky_317
my car got a peak of 10 whp over stock with the dc header. I fully plan to dyno it again once it's in my car.

what you are also forgetting is how the whole process works.

if they were to post the A/F ratios you'll notice it leans out most of the powerband, resulting in a power increase.

the bad thing is an Intake will do the same thing. so if you were to take a 100% stock car add each component seperately you would most likely see the listed gains.(or very similar) what most people cant seem to understnad is tht the gains DONOT add together. you cant say header + 10 Intake + 7 exhaust + 5 = 22whp more. collectively you'll be lucky to get half smile you're still gaining power, just not as drastic compared to stock.

I do not doubt monkey wrench. they would've made more money selling trial BUT they were not satisfied with it, so they opted to wait and see how DC did. if the dc did not perform, they would not have sold it. There are things I dont like about monkey wrench BUT lying about stuff isnt their style.


cry cry SO touching

and yet so true thumbsup

[Linked Image]
With Style, Comes Speed
Veilside Celica GTS
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 2,242
Lucky_317
Specialist
Lucky_317 Jun 19, 8:04pm - #200319 

Specialist
2000 Toyota Celica

Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 2,242
Fontana, CA
Originally Posted by fusi0n
and monkeywrench obviously does not make DC headers. rolleyes


hopefully you read my post smile wave

Best 60' 1.959 best 1/4 - 13.7 @ 101mph
Join the conversation - Register now or Sign in to add your comment


Moderated by  isaac 

Customize Your Toyota CelicaPrivacy Policy · About · Contact
CelicaHobby.com is an independent Toyota Celica enthusiast website. CelicaHobby.com is not sponsored by or affiliated with Toyota Motor Sales, USA, Inc. in any way. The Toyota and Celica names and logos are trademarks owned by Toyota Motor Sales, USA, Inc.
© CelicaHobby.com, 2001-2016