Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread

2002 Toyota Celica GT
2002 Toyota Celica GT
Ok, so tonight i went out to my driveway to goto the gas station for smokes. my car had been sitting there for about 24 hours. alarm aramed but not set off. i went to start it and it wouldn't turn over. i could hear the spark plugs firing but the starter wasn't even moving. i was completely confused, so i called my toyota dealer and they said take the stealth out and try it, i did and it didn't help. i checked the battery indicator and it was still showing a good battery. i was about to have it towed to the dealer (still under 50,000 miles) when i decided to use my parents car to jump it... low and behold it took a little effort but it started, and runs ok now. i just have no idea what the hell could have drained the battery. kinda worried. any ideas?

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
any lights on in the car, there are lots of things in your car that steal juice while parked, that you just never really notice, like some little lights in your car. Well it may happen from time to time, because it doesnt have the juice always, but while i worked on my car for a week, i came out with a drained battery kuz i had my doors open. thats what i mean. o well looks like your good now.

2002 Toyota Celica GT
2002 Toyota Celica GT
no, my alarm won't aram if the doors are open, plus the dome lite is supposed to shut off after about 1/2 hour if the doors are left open. the only thing that should have been drawing power is my radar detector, which has been in there forever, and i have left the car parked for a week before with no battery problems.

2000 Toyota Celica
2000 Toyota Celica
you sure you didn't switch the dome lite? i forgot i switched mine on the night earlier and left it on all night. funny thing, car started fine next morning but when i was about to leave work, the car barely turned. once i got it going the alternator did its job but i finally noticed the dome light.

just saying it could be something small you might have missed...

2000 Black Gts 6-Speed
Flux Capacitor With Di-Lithium Crystals

seabass
2000 Toyota Celica GTS
seabass
2000 Toyota Celica GTS
how can you hear sparkplugs
if you hear clicking thats the starter/solinode

hey thats a 20 minute phone call
"if i have seen farther it is by standing on the shoulders of giants"
derek: do you know that non dairy cream is flamable
Jennie: ...derek..what did you do

2002 Toyota Celica GT
2002 Toyota Celica GT
i just can hear it. that thing drains almost no power, i have had it parked for a week before with no problem starting it. dome wasn't on either. I think one of the cells in my battery is going dead... battery is covered on the 50,000 mile warrenty right? ... except the excess load from all the stereo equipment i have in it...