New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread

#1960 Jul 7, 2:22pm
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
Hi. I really need help. I have a stock 2000 Celica and recently brought a Veilside kit. I was wondering how low should i drop the car with the kit on? Im thinking about getting some Springs but i dont know how low to go. I dont want it to be very low, cause i cant stand all of the scratching and stuff. The higher, the better, but not so high that it looks super funky, like stock. Any ideas guys??

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
If you dont want a very low look get the H&R Sport Springs , in my case a want a low look to my Celica , I will put this month Eibach Sportline or H&R Progress that lows enought as I want... thumbsup

ECelica Staff
2001 Toyota Celica GTS
ECelica Staff
2001 Toyota Celica GTS
Originally posted by aZnRyCeAnJel:
Hi. I really need help. I have a stock 2000 Celica and recently brought a Veilside kit. I was wondering how low should i drop the car with the kit on? Im thinking about getting some Springs but i dont know how low to go. I dont want it to be very low, cause i cant stand all of the scratching and stuff. The higher, the better, but not so high that it looks super funky, like stock. Any ideas guys??
Welcome to the boards aZnRyCeAnJel... There are many different choices of how low you want to drop you car, if I were you, I would first figure out how much you want to drop your car by getting your hands on a ruler and physically measuring in your car between the top of the tire and the top of the arch of the fender...I hope you know what I mean. You would probably be interested in some TRD springs, or some H & R springs but whatever you do do not just buy the coilover systems, if you have the money buy the Full Coilovers not just the spring and sleeve. Buy the struts, believe me. i have coilovers and i hate the way it looks so im going to buy some struts soon.

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
what size rims do you have or are you getting? i have 18's and lowered my car 1.25" it looks really good and i don't have a serious hard time driving it around with my kit. actually, my car sat pretty nice on the stock rims too. well, that's my 2 cents. good luck!!!

#1964 Jul 7, 10:50pm
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
Hi. Currently i have tenzo 17' mean-6 rims. right now, i just want to drop the car so it doesnt look so funny and i wanna make sure that a veilside kit would fit when i get one on.

#1965 Jul 7, 11:06pm
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
Hey aZnRyCeAnJel,

Mike's got the veilside kit and he used to have 17 inch rims (now 18 grin ). He has the Eibach Proline, which drops a little more than an inch, and was sayin that he scraped on steep driveways. I wouldnt drop more than an inch since you are up in SF with all the steep hills and stuff. Scraping is no fun thumbsdown . The TRD/Proline kit will get rid of the "funky" look without going too low. I reccommend you do what steve says, and get a ruler so you can get an idea of how much you want to drop. Well good luck with dropping your ride. Make sure you post some pics grin thumbsup

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
I had stock wheels and no body kit my car right now looks like stock , I want a low look.One of my friends tell me that he allready saw Celicas droping lower than 1.5 and looks really good without changing wheels.Here in PR. were cars with cuting springs that jump like a bull confused best I will put springs to get a good downing , feel and more stifness.

Thanks , Good Luck thumbsup

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
Well check out my signiature, thats the look of Proline drop with 18" rims with Veilside. Reason you should not drop much for this kit is because of that front bumper, now because it sticks out so far forward it makes it difficult to take driveways and stuff because extending forward is making it similar to extending the bumper down low if you think about the angle. I scraped with 17" rims when going over little dips! Thats why I got 18" rims to bring my car higher so I do not scrape.
If you are sticking with stock wheels I totally do not recommand you dropping your car, if you are upgrading to bigger rims then think about Eibach proline or TRD springs.

#1968 Jul 24, 2:09am
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
Originally posted by aZnRyCeAnJel:
I recommand Sportline for you bodykit..
MidnightKraze has the veil and that spring.. and it looks good.. not too much drop..
It's 1.8 front 2.4 back..
Just need to becareful and rarely scrape...