Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread

#19502 Jun 2, 9:40am
where can i find those led tail lights that are posted on page 7 of the new images?? or is that just a photo chop??
59813-VVTLR_LEDTAIL.jpg

Rebel
2003 Toyota Celica GT
Rebel
2003 Toyota Celica GT
those are just the carbon fiber taillights from procarparts.com [procarparts.com]

I have them myself. As for the LEDS, I suppose the person just put a led in place of the regular brake light bulb.

[Linked Image]

yea i am trying to find some led's for my taillights, i found one at circuit city, but those dont fit since the celica uses a diffent size bulb then the ones they sell, i heard that you have to buy a conversation set in order to have led's in the back, not sure though confused, some one let me know if they possible know a way

u were trying to buy lights at circuit city for ur car? wtf uhhh

*2003 Black GT-S 6speed* TRD body kit, HID upgrade, clear corners, Matrix XRS shift knob, 02 tails, trd exhaust, AEM gen 2 CAI, TWM short shifter.

Rebel
2003 Toyota Celica GT
Rebel
2003 Toyota Celica GT

rofl I wasn't gonna be the one to bring it up..

[Linked Image]

yeah i work there so i get things at cost, since they sell that krap, and i seen it before, but i doesnt fit, i'll always find a way to save a couple of dollers if i have to =), buy yeah circuit city stuff is thumbsdown bs,

The tail lights wire behind the panel on left passenger was pinched against the chassis. The video recorder installer must have done it.

The wires to my tail lights and license lights were all heated up and damaged, causing a short. It kept blowing the 10 A fuse, so I put in a 30A fuse to keep the tail light on long enough to trouble shoot. It was a huge mistake. The high 30A current burned the fuse box and the Body Control Module, the computer that controls all light functions in the car, $1,100 at dealer.

I bought an used BCM on eBay $70, brought the car to an auto electrical shop. He installed the BCM, took out all interior panels, found the tail light wires had burned and broken up, all insulation melted and burned up, just bare wire. He traced the tail light wire from the trunk to the BCM under the dash, replaced that wire. The license plate wire was overheated and cracked, exposing wire along 6" near the LED bulb. he taped it up. Labor costs $235, everything works perfect now. The repair guy said LED bulbs cause a lot of problems. He sees it all the time

LED bulbs run hotter than incan. The heat propagates through the wires, eventually crack, damage or melt the wire insulation, causing shorts or opens. Any light bulbs that stay on long, like tail, license plate, cannot use LED bulbs as they will burn the wires. I replaced all LEDs back to incan.