Taking Out The Butterfly Valve
1) Ok first thing you need to do when taking out the butterfly valve is to unhook the negative battery terminal. I like to wrap something around the cable so it can't make contact with any metal by mistake!!
2) Unplug the Mass air sensor wiring first that is on the top of the air box towards the Intake
tube. See diagram.
3) Pull the large and small vacuum hoses off of top of air box to (see diagram).
4) Slide sensor off of air box that has two vacuum hoses and wiring attached to it. See diagram. (the two hoses and wire can be taken off to leave sensor attached to top section of the airbox also.)
5) Loosen the clamp that is around the Intake
hose and attaches to the air box. (Phillips screwdriver) push the Intake
tube towards the back of the car to slide tube off.
6) Release clamps from the top of the air box that are shown in the diagram.
7) You should now be able to lift the top of the air box by gently working it off towards the back of the car. (there are groves on the front that it rest in)
8) Take out the Air Filter
9) Pull off the hose that is attached to the butterfly valve and plug the end of the hose up!
10) Slide the Butterfly valve straight up. It has two clips on the bottom (can be reached by hand under bottom of Intake
) that need moved slightly to allow the butterfly to come loose.
11) Place the butterfly hose back in the same slot that it came out of. As to not interfere with other moving parts of the motor.
12) Place Air Filter
back in air box.
13) Place top half of air box in proper position. Make sure no wires, hoses, or clamps are stuck in between top and bottom halves. This may take a few moments to slide air box in proper location. Makes sure it is sitting in slots towards the front of the air box before going further.
14) Re-clamp the top of the box, with the three clamps.
15) Reattach large hose and small hose to air box.
16) Slide vacuum sensor with the Hoses and wiring attached to in back into the original slot.
17) Reattach the Intake
tube to the air box and refasten hose clamp.
18) Reattach the Mass airflow wiring to the Mass air flow meter.