Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Page 1 2
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,787
ghostingcelica
Specialist
ghostingcelica May 31, 8:08pm - #189137 
2000 Black Toyota Celica GT
Specialist
2000 Toyota Celica GT

Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,787
California
GT vs GTS

i heard GT has some aspecs that are better than GTS. what are they?
Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 2,269
NorwayGT
Specialist
NorwayGT May 31, 8:10pm - #189138 

Specialist
2004 Dodge SRT4

Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 2,269
Seattle, WA
GT actually has some power under 6200 rpm laughsilly

was....5speed with i/h/e
15.41 @ 89.30mph 2.282 60'

is....04 srt4 stock
13.936 100.15mph 2.177 60'
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 799
fastceli2001
Senior Member
fastceli2001 May 31, 9:45pm - #189139 

Senior Member
2001 Toyota Celica GT

Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 799
CT
the GT has a little bit more torque than the gts, also the gt comes with a lower compression ratio so you can use FI more safely grin

a kid told me that celicas handle like crap... i laughed
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 5,129
Sultan
Speed Omen
Sultan May 31, 10:06pm - #189140 

Speed Omen
2002 Toyota Celica GT

Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 5,129
Philadelphia, PA
^^^
you're right about the lower compression ratio:

GT = 10.0:1
GTS = 11.5:1

...but the GTS has 130 lb-ft of torque while the GT has 125 (granted the latter is at 4200 rpm while the former is 6800)
Joined: Jun 2003
Posts: 1,111
GraSSRooTs
Specialist
GraSSRooTs May 31, 10:21pm - #189141 

Specialist
2001 Toyota Celica

Joined: Jun 2003
Posts: 1,111
MA
GT has the TRD Supercharger available... and the DC Headers were released while GTS ones are in the final stages of development. Also, the GT can handle more NOS then the GTS
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 138
CelicasROCK
Member
CelicasROCK May 31, 11:07pm - #189142 
Member
1996 Chevrolet Camaro

Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 138
New York
The GTS costs more for a reason. Yeah sure Turbo NOS w/e. Thats' all you hear about? But how many people on here have NOS? How about Turbo? Not too many. Why can't we all just accept the fact that the GTS is better than the GT. Jeeze. Oh but the lower compression rate you say? Who cares what you say. rofl
Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 2,269
NorwayGT
Specialist
NorwayGT May 31, 11:09pm - #189143 

Specialist
2004 Dodge SRT4

Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 2,269
Seattle, WA
please people...say nitrous, and not "NOS"

was....5speed with i/h/e
15.41 @ 89.30mph 2.282 60'

is....04 srt4 stock
13.936 100.15mph 2.177 60'

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous May 31, 11:10pm - #189144 
Unregistered



Originally Posted by CelicasROCK
The GTS costs more for a reason. Yeah sure Turbo NOS w/e. Thats' all you hear about? But how many people on here have NOS? How about Turbo? Not too many. Why can't we all just accept the fact that the GTS is better than the GT. Jeeze. Oh but the lower compression rate you say? Who cares what you say. rofl
WE WILL NEVER ADMIT IT! lol
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 10,123
VSGTS14
05 WRB
VSGTS14 May 31, 11:29pm - #189145 

05 WRB
2005 Subaru WRX STi

Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 10,123
Milford, NJ
GTS is better all around...
if you want a Turbo, but a Turbo car

SUBARU TECNICA INTERNATIONAL
Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 123
Nautique65
Member
Nautique65 May 31, 11:37pm - #189146 
2001 red to blue Toyota Celica GT
Member
2001 Toyota Celica GT

Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 123
TN, Hendersonville
i am still kicking around the idea of doing an engine swap, but if i dont i will have a whole lot of engine work done to what i have now and i will be stomping some GTSs tongue
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 187
mr_celica
Member
mr_celica Jun 1, 12:01am - #189147 

Member
2001 Toyota Celica GT

Joined: May 2004
Posts: 187
La Paz - Bolivia
GT > GTS ->IMO (cuz Im getting a Turbo for mine)

"Honda May Cry..."
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 584
RyCeCuBe
Senior Member
RyCeCuBe Jun 1, 1:58am - #189148 

Senior Member
01 Toyota Celica GT

Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 584
LA 626 area
i love all celicas regardless...but that uh...low-hi compression info ain't no fairy tale.
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 254
MxReb0
Member
MxReb0 Jun 1, 4:24am - #189149 

Member
2000 Toyota Celica

Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 254
Raleigh & Charlotte, NC
GT's just look cool.

MAKE YOUR TIME
Joined: Mar 2003
Posts: 1,304
My Sixth Gear
Specialist
My Sixth Gear Jun 1, 7:15am - #189150 
2003 Spectra Blue Mica Toyota Celica
Specialist
2003 Toyota Celica

Joined: Mar 2003
Posts: 1,304
Chicago, Illinois
u can just run less psi on a gts and get just as much power as the gt with more psi because of the higher compression
GTS>GT always

If you want peace... Prepare for War
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 449
SaddY
Senior Member
SaddY Jun 1, 8:13am - #189151 
Senior Member

Joined: May 2004
Posts: 449
Netherlands, Europe
Originally Posted by MxReb0
GT's just look cool.

Yeah the look a lot better then the GTS I agree..
Duwd wtf ? you from the stone ages?? the GT and GTS look exactly the same :S only the engine is a bit different :S
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 405
Erick022121
Rollin On Hubs
Erick022121 Jun 1, 12:55pm - #189152 

Rollin On Hubs
2003 Toyota Celica GT

Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 405
Tampa, Florida
Originally Posted by SaddY
Originally Posted by MxReb0
GT's just look cool.

Yeah the look a lot better then the GTS I agree..
Duwd wtf ? you from the stone ages?? the GT and GTS look exactly the same :S only the engine is a bit different :S


rofl rofl
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 621
jyboygenius
Senior Member
jyboygenius Jun 1, 2:39pm - #189153 
2001 Silver Toyota Celica
Senior Member
2001 Toyota Celica

Joined: May 2004
Posts: 621
Colorado, USA
GTS, there's a reason why they cost more.

Enzo Ferrari " You may be a Ferrari owner; but, you may not necessarly be a Ferrari Driver."
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 8
crystalfreak
New Member
crystalfreak Jun 1, 2:52pm - #189154 
New Member

Joined: May 2004
Posts: 8
Virginia
TRD has a blower for the GT??!!!!! is it the one listed for the 1.8 motor thats on their web-page?

"I would love to beat the face of any motherfucker thats thinkin they can change me!" MuDvAyNe
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 5,129
Sultan
Speed Omen
Sultan Jun 1, 3:31pm - #189155 

Speed Omen
2002 Toyota Celica GT

Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 5,129
Philadelphia, PA
^^^
yes, originally built for the Matrix...
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 8
crystalfreak
New Member
crystalfreak Jun 1, 3:39pm - #189156 
New Member

Joined: May 2004
Posts: 8
Virginia
the GT isnt listed in the applications on the TRD USA web-page

"I would love to beat the face of any motherfucker thats thinkin they can change me!" MuDvAyNe
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 1,320
qbanprepster21
Specialist
qbanprepster21 Jun 1, 4:42pm - #189157 
2003 Liquid Silver Toyota Celica GT
Specialist
2003 Toyota Celica GT

Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 1,320
Virginia
Originally Posted by My Sixth Gear
u can just run less psi on a gts and get just as much power as the gt with more psi because of the higher compression
GTS>GT always


no, wrong,
with the same psi for both, the gt blows the gts away, especially with tq...so, if you run less psi on the gts and more on the gt and you say you will have the same, no the gt will have more!!

Fudge The World!
[Linked Image]
Die Hard, Die Fast, Die Strong & Live Life to its Fullest
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 1,320
qbanprepster21
Specialist
qbanprepster21 Jun 1, 4:49pm - #189158 
2003 Liquid Silver Toyota Celica GT
Specialist
2003 Toyota Celica GT

Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 1,320
Virginia
there is no better model, if you are going to run full N/A, the gts is the best model to this with, if you want to run F/I, then the gt is your best option, so there is no better, but if you ask for what type of mods, then yeah you have your better, but only becuase gt is better for f/i then gts and gts is better for n/a then gt, thats it, and about the tq, gt doesnt have more, but it has more lower end tq, at a lower rpm, so it gets to its peak faster, so its torqier, but again its all about what you want to do to it!!

Fudge The World!
[Linked Image]
Die Hard, Die Fast, Die Strong & Live Life to its Fullest
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 3,077
slidr
Specialist
slidr Jun 1, 4:58pm - #189159 

Specialist
2000 Toyota Celica

Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 3,077
Saint Louis, MO
Originally Posted by qbanprepster21
Originally Posted by My Sixth Gear
u can just run less psi on a gts and get just as much power as the gt with more psi because of the higher compression
GTS>GT always


no, wrong,
with the same psi for both, the gt blows the gts away, especially with tq...so, if you run less psi on the gts and more on the gt and you say you will have the same, no the gt will have more!!
Same PSI ran on both will put the GTS on top. The GT does benefit from a greater gain percentage wise, but the GTS will still be faster.

Aqua Teen Hunger Force...number one in the hood, G
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 8
crystalfreak
New Member
crystalfreak Jun 1, 5:28pm - #189160 
New Member

Joined: May 2004
Posts: 8
Virginia
...OK, but will the TRD blower fit on the GT. the fact that its not listed as such on the TRD web-page doesnt seem right. also, are there different pullies for the TRD blowers?

"I would love to beat the face of any motherfucker thats thinkin they can change me!" MuDvAyNe
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 5,129
Sultan
Speed Omen
Sultan Jun 1, 6:07pm - #189161 

Speed Omen
2002 Toyota Celica GT

Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 5,129
Philadelphia, PA
Originally Posted by crystalfreak
...OK, but will the TRD blower fit on the GT. the fact that its not listed as such on the TRD web-page doesnt seem right. also, are there different pullies for the TRD blowers?


as I implied before, the TRD S/C does fit in the celica - only issue is Hood clearance, which can be alleviated with a custom fab... this topic has been discussed many times before. A search may help clarify things a bit better for you
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 1,320
qbanprepster21
Specialist
qbanprepster21 Jun 1, 7:03pm - #189162 
2003 Liquid Silver Toyota Celica GT
Specialist
2003 Toyota Celica GT

Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 1,320
Virginia
Originally Posted by slidr
Originally Posted by qbanprepster21
Originally Posted by My Sixth Gear
u can just run less psi on a gts and get just as much power as the gt with more psi because of the higher compression
GTS>GT always


no, wrong,
with the same psi for both, the gt blows the gts away, especially with tq...so, if you run less psi on the gts and more on the gt and you say you will have the same, no the gt will have more!!
Same PSI ran on both will put the GTS on top. The GT does benefit from a greater gain percentage wise, but the GTS will still be faster.


the gts is not going to be faster, first of all its lighter, 2nd of all, when the gt was pushed with 6psi and the gts with 8, the gt with 6psi already had more tq then the gts with 8psi, and only had under 20hp less then the gts with 8 psi, so if you were to put 8psi on the gt, then youll obviously have more tq them the gts, and you'll be able to push more then 20 hp, which will put you at more power then the gts, especially with a lot more lbs of tq, so how again do you imply that the gts will be faster, just becuase you might have a gts and you think yours is the fastest over the gt, doesnt mean it wil always be that way!!!

Fudge The World!
[Linked Image]
Die Hard, Die Fast, Die Strong & Live Life to its Fullest
Joined: Mar 2003
Posts: 1,304
My Sixth Gear
Specialist
My Sixth Gear Jun 1, 8:41pm - #189163 
2003 Spectra Blue Mica Toyota Celica
Specialist
2003 Toyota Celica

Joined: Mar 2003
Posts: 1,304
Chicago, Illinois
gts will always be faster dude, i haven't seen too many GT's taht have run more hp out of a Turbo than any GTS, other than that one guys, but he has lower compression pistons and is running like 14psi or something at 304whp that is one beast i must say

If you want peace... Prepare for War
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 1,320
qbanprepster21
Specialist
qbanprepster21 Jun 2, 1:17am - #189164 
2003 Liquid Silver Toyota Celica GT
Specialist
2003 Toyota Celica GT

Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 1,320
Virginia
just go to SF website and look at the dyno's. they explain it all!!

Fudge The World!
[Linked Image]
Die Hard, Die Fast, Die Strong & Live Life to its Fullest
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 187
mr_celica
Member
mr_celica Jun 2, 1:27am - #189165 

Member
2001 Toyota Celica GT

Joined: May 2004
Posts: 187
La Paz - Bolivia
Originally Posted by qbanprepster21
just go to SF website and look at the dyno's. they explain it all!!


thumbsup I totally agree ..

"Honda May Cry..."
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 312
2kVeilsideGTS
Member
2kVeilsideGTS Jun 2, 4:39am - #189166 

Member

Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 312
Jacksonville, FL
well it would be an oxymoron to buy the low end model of a car if you want to hook it up no? if you want a car with a Turbo then why not buy a car with one thats built for it? plus GTS has 40 hp on you...can you jack the psi that much more than a GTS to make 40 hp without changing internals? then you factor in the gear ratio's and such. it just seems stupid to me. anyways i have no hate for GT's by any means but i bought the GTS because i wanted more from my car. more toys and such.
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 1,320
qbanprepster21
Specialist
qbanprepster21 Jun 2, 9:30am - #189167 
2003 Liquid Silver Toyota Celica GT
Specialist
2003 Toyota Celica GT

Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 1,320
Virginia
like i said in a previuos post, gt and gts are better then each other, there is no comparason, heres why!! If you want a car that you can get full N/A out of, go with GTS, if you want to F/I, go with GT, Just the way the engines are made is the reason!! And the GTS Has 40 Hp on me, okay, take away that Lift, and you have 140, but your heavier, so you wont have that to the wheel!! Plus because of that Lift and high compression is the reason why GT is better for F/I, so there is no better Car!!

Fudge The World!
[Linked Image]
Die Hard, Die Fast, Die Strong & Live Life to its Fullest
Joined: Sep 2002
Posts: 175
TrewCelica
Member
TrewCelica Jun 2, 9:44am - #189168 

Member
2002 Toyota Celica GT

Joined: Sep 2002
Posts: 175
Raleigh NC`
Love my GT , but still wish I had the "LIFT!!!" thumbsup
Joined: Mar 2003
Posts: 1,304
My Sixth Gear
Specialist
My Sixth Gear Jun 3, 5:51am - #189169 
2003 Spectra Blue Mica Toyota Celica
Specialist
2003 Toyota Celica

Joined: Mar 2003
Posts: 1,304
Chicago, Illinois
the GTS is only like 60 lbs more than GT eek

If you want peace... Prepare for War
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 22
J0kk3rr
Member
J0kk3rr Jun 3, 6:04am - #189170 
2000 Red Toyota Celica GT
Member
2000 Toyota Celica GT

Joined: May 2004
Posts: 22
Florida
Pfft look people. if you put a Turbo on a GT and a GTs the GT will winn. the Bore/strokes of the motors are different the GTs is better suited to Turbo. PLUS with 11.5 compressin more than 8psi is BAD! can we say stretchign head bolts? even 10:1 is not great but its 12 psi good. As for the supercharger itd eat up a Turbo gts alive because beetween the lift and the Turbo lag the gt would be long gone before the gts spooled up AND THEN hit lift. AND youd have to use a large Turbo to overcome the LIFT changign the volume of air going into the 2zz. (deep breath) in short you ppl who bough the GTS ... so sorry wink j.p its a beautiful car.

20% of my dream car goal has been reached. I own the celica.
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 753
BaTMaN_4
Senior Member
BaTMaN_4 Jun 3, 6:15am - #189171 

Senior Member
2002 Toyota Celica GT

Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 753
McAllen, TX
Originally Posted by NorwayGT
please people...say nitrous, and not "NOS"


thumbsup thumbsup
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 411
vietnamese2004
Senior Member
vietnamese2004 Jun 3, 6:33am - #189172 

Senior Member
2003 Toyota Celica

Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 411
Canada - B.C - Vancouver
what if you change internals on the GTS?
would there still be lift?
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 1,320
qbanprepster21
Specialist
qbanprepster21 Jun 3, 11:31am - #189173 
2003 Liquid Silver Toyota Celica GT
Specialist
2003 Toyota Celica GT

Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 1,320
Virginia
if you change the internals on a gts yes there would still be lift, that has something to do with the cams!!!

Fudge The World!
[Linked Image]
Die Hard, Die Fast, Die Strong & Live Life to its Fullest

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous Jun 3, 3:07pm - #189174 
Unregistered



bottom line.i think that if we all had a choice we would have bought a gts..i bought a gt..and yes ive heard things on how the GT is better to work on. But who knows..we are all spitting out half facts. i have a gt and i love it...but we cant compate gt to gts ..why?..because we are talking about modding our cars...we arent talking about stock vs stock..cause we know stock vs stock ..gts owns. BUTTTT when it comes to aftermarket and modding...it all depends on who has what..thats about it. those are my 2 cents...im jerry springer...and god bless.
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 8
crystalfreak
New Member
crystalfreak Jun 3, 3:38pm - #189175 
New Member

Joined: May 2004
Posts: 8
Virginia
Originally Posted by vietnamese2004
what if you change internals on the GTS?
would there still be lift?


sure! lift is a function built in to the cylinder head. if you were to do a 100% new bottom end, port the head, and new valves, springs and all that the 'lift" will still be there.

"I would love to beat the face of any motherfucker thats thinkin they can change me!" MuDvAyNe
Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 2,139
ct
C'mon & hit me!
ct Jun 3, 4:01pm - #189176 

C'mon & hit me!
2000 Toyota Celica GTS

Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 2,139
Woodland Hills, CA
auto-xers prefer GT rather than GTS'...look at every auto-x forum and thread and that is the general consensus...why? many auto-xers say they love the low/mid range tq curve that helps in "cone chasing" thumbsup

Originally posted by SKOOF:
yoru such a clown, i wish you lived in nyc, i would love to just give you the beating that youve probably never gotten in your life.
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 157
HJC_Celica
Member
HJC_Celica Jun 10, 1:45am - #189177 
2000 Silver Toyota Celica
Member
2000 Toyota Celica

Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 157
BC, Canada
Just a thought... but if the GT engine was so much better why didn't Lotus choose to put that in the Elise instead of the GTS engine??
Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 1,619
LostAngel
Specialist
LostAngel Jun 10, 1:50am - #189178 
Specialist

Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 1,619
Pennsylvania
Its not that the GT engine is better, it can just handle more boost from a Turbo due to lower compression. But the GTS can also be lowered. Also, the GT has more power down low, hence it beating a GTS in Auto X.

I think they used the GTS engine because it was a better choice to. They wanted a fast car, without having to mod it out in the elise. Though it would still be fast with a GT engine, it wouldnt be as fast. But yeah, the GT engine has advantages so I dont rip on them.
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 3,982
Zero
Furi Kuri
Zero Jun 10, 3:35am - #189179 

Furi Kuri
2002 Toyota Celica GT

Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 3,982
San Diego, CA
i prefer a GT-R engine. (a skyline engine not some ricer badge glued on to civics and whatnot) grin rofl

stop fighting. here to settle this argument about the gt and GTS i have came to one conclusion:
---both models are slow compared to the RSX-S hahahahaha

we're a celica community, so STFU rofl wave

I've mastered the art of the After Image Technique.
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 473
dennis_dup1
Senior Member
dennis_dup1 Jun 10, 3:45am - #189180 

Senior Member

Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 473
Queens, New York-Forest Hills
Originally Posted by My Sixth Gear
gts will always be faster dude, i haven't seen too many GT's taht have run more hp out of a Turbo than any GTS, other than that one guys, but he has lower compression pistons and is running like 14psi or something at 304whp that is one beast i must say

Any GT with a Turbo will own a GTS NA. GTS is faster stock, (aside from auto. Evidently, Auto GT is faster than auto GTS). GTS is a pure NA car, with little boost potential, unlike the GT, where there is a lot less compression.
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 59
TypeRd00d
Member
TypeRd00d Jun 10, 4:07am - #189181 
Member

Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 59
Gawja!
Just buy a DC2 Type-R, build the bottom end, and boost it to 2 bar wink.

http://www.hatzer.at/videovault/20030729-A1Ring/atr_ferrari.mov
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 655
00celica00gt
Senior Member
00celica00gt Jun 10, 5:46am - #189182 

Senior Member
2000 Toyota Celica GT

Joined: May 2004
Posts: 655
Philadelphia, PA
Can i shoot you all? This is the dumbest topic ever! This thread should be locked and deleted. All of you are crying about which one is better when they are basically the same just one has a little more power. We all have Celicas here or used to at some point. You guys are like bashing eachother rides.

[Linked Image]
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 59
TypeRd00d
Member
TypeRd00d Jun 10, 5:57am - #189183 
Member

Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 59
Gawja!
Yeah, the vid I posted r0x0r.

Integra burning a Ferrari? BWAHAHAHHA! wink
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 584
RyCeCuBe
Senior Member
RyCeCuBe Jun 10, 6:09am - #189184 

Senior Member
01 Toyota Celica GT

Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 584
LA 626 area
Originally Posted by MxReb0
GT's just look cool.

don't they all look the same? just different badges? hehe

[Linked Image]
Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 1,619
LostAngel
Specialist
LostAngel Jun 10, 6:11am - #189185 
Specialist

Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 1,619
Pennsylvania
Plain and simple...
The GT can handle more boost.
The GTS can lower its compression to add more boost.


Add a Turbo setup to each car, using the same amount of boost, the GTS can take the GT. Add more boost to the GT, the GT can take the GTS. Lower the compression in the GTS, so you can add more boost, the GTS can take the GT. The cars will ladder over each other in 'fastness' until the lowest compression you can run (and still be fast) is achieved.

I love the GT, I love the GTS. As i've said in many posts...this is a celica community. The GT has advantages over the GTS, GTS has some over the GT.
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 59
TypeRd00d
Member
TypeRd00d Jun 10, 6:32am - #189186 
Member

Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 59
Gawja!
Originally Posted by LostAngel
Plain and simple...
The GT can handle more boost.
The GTS can lower its compression to add more boost.


Add a Turbo setup to each car, using the same amount of boost, the GTS can take the GT. Add more boost to the GT, the GT can take the GTS. Lower the compression in the GTS, so you can add more boost, the GTS can take the GT. The cars will ladder over each other in 'fastness' until the lowest compression you can run (and still be fast) is achieved.

I love the GT, I love the GTS. As i've said in many posts...this is a celica community. The GT has advantages over the GTS, GTS has some over the GT.


Right on the motha fuckin money! thumbsup

Of course, you never really know how the two motors will react to boost. (considering the GTS motor was built strictly for N/A power) tongue

Different Turbos will make different hp output, some have better air flow, etc et al. tongue.
Page 1 2
Join the conversation - Register now or Sign in to add your comment


Moderated by  isaac 

Customize Your Toyota CelicaPrivacy Policy · About · Contact
CelicaHobby.com is an independent Toyota Celica enthusiast website. CelicaHobby.com is not sponsored by or affiliated with Toyota Motor Sales, USA, Inc. in any way. The Toyota and Celica names and logos are trademarks owned by Toyota Motor Sales, USA, Inc.
© CelicaHobby.com, 2001-2016