Injen CAI Install for 2000+ Celica GTS 6-Speed
1. Disconnect negative terminal of the battery
2. Remove bumper (4 snap screws on top, 4 bolts on top, 5 screws on bottom, 1 screw on each side near bumper each lens, remove bulb wiring for bumper lens's) Note: I have an aftermarket bumper so location and number of screws may vary.
3. Remove stock air box and detach any hoses or other objects keeping it from being completely removed. (I think there are 2 bolts holding it in as well) Air box is indicated by lower arrow in figure 1.
4. Remove the two part plastic tube running from the ECU. (Top part of this tube is indicated by the upper arrow in figure 1. Both pieces slide off for removal.) Set aside for cutting later.
5. Remove 3 pipe from throttle body. See figure 2.
6. Slip over the red Injen
45 bent sleeve onto the throttle body and loosely tighten with 3 clamp. (You will need to position it better later) See figure 3.
7. Slide small fuse box up and off of its mounting bracket and push to the side.
8. Screw in the 6 mm rubber vibra mount part provided by Injen
into hole shown in figure 3.
9. Remove the hose from the bottom portion of the OBD canister. Use this hose to replace the remaining hose completely. (Refer to figure 4)
10. Unbolt the bracket that the small fuse box was on and bolt it back on along with the OBD canister. When done with steps 9 and 10 it should look like figure 4.
11. Cut an opening in the wheel well large enough to give you some room to work with the Intake
pipe. See figure 5.
12. Back in the engine bay, find the square vacuum-switching valve. Orient it as shown in figure 6 and replace the left hose with the 16 Injen
hose, and the right hose with the 14 Injen
hose. See figure 6.
13. Remove the bracket on the bottom of the square vacuum-switching valve held in by 1 screw (Indicated by arrow in figure 6).
14. Break off center prong of this bracket and reattach the bracket to the square vacuum-switching valve.
15. Remove the mass airflow sensor from the stock air box removed earlier.
16. Screw in mass airflow sensor into the flange on the CAI
pipe with stock screws. Face the fuse connection pointing towards windshield. Refer to figure 7.
Figure 7 (sorry for the blurry pic)
17. Place CAI
pipe into engine bay.
18. Slide the red Injen
45 bent sleeve over the top on the CAI
pipe and loosely tighten with a 3 clamp.
19. Slide the other end on the CAI
pipe through the hole previously cut in the wheel well.
20. The right side bracket on the CAI
pipe should line up with the vibra mount and will be loosely fastened with the nut and washer provided.
21. Position the CAI
pipe and the red Injen
45 bent sleeve such that it fits snugly with no kinks or folds.
22. Take the square vacuum-switching valve and attach it the remaining bracket on the CAI
pipe using the nut, bolt, and 2 washers provided. (The bolt passes through the hole made by removing the center prong earlier.)
23. Connect the 11 red Injen
hose to the nipple on the CAI
pipe and to the bottom of the OBD canister. Refer to figure 8.
24. Attach the Injen
filter to the open end of the CAI
pipe in the wheel well and tighten with the clamp. Refer to figure 9.
25. Position the entire Intake
and tighten all clamps and screws used up to this point.
26. Attach the wire harness back to the mass airflow sensor.
27. Take the lower plastic tube piece set aside earlier and cut as shown in figure 10 (A).
28. Reconnect the two pieces using the red Injen
sleeve and clamps provided.
29. Also cut the top piece indicated by the upper arrow in figure 1 in the center of its straight section.
30. Reconnect the two pieces of this tube with the other red Injen
sleeve and clamps provided. (This alteration allows the pieces to fit over the CAI
pipe. The final result should look like figure 11)
31. Attach these pieces back exactly as they were before removal.
32. Remove the small-unused tube from the engine block and use the 3 mm black cap to plug the nipple as shown in figure 12.
33. Use zip ties to keep wires organized and away from hot engine parts.
34. You will have one electric connection leftover that was attached to the stock air box. This will not be used, just zip tie it up. See figure 13 for this wire.
35. Reattach bumper and bumper lens bulbs.
36. Reattach battery terminal.
Some post-install photos can be found @ [b]Injen Short Ram
& Cold Air Intake
- Install Pictures[/b]